Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

I know. 4 inches in Cov and Hinckley (only 10 miles away). We have been unlucky. I'm still hopeful that, should this snow event not deliver, showers will feed in later this week :yahoo:

Yep me too.. what day(s) is most likely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yes I think I am clinging on to your Snow , I live 10 mins away from Andy and he is getting nothing , I am getting Mod snow at least.

Absolutely bizzare, I swear nothing is falling here at all, you are literally 2 miles away!

Posted

Could do with the PPN shifting a bit more northwards, but its a struggle. Still have barely 1cm on the ground. Snizzle not helping.

I think so. If you you look at the GFS sea level pressure charts the centre of the low is moving north by a 10-15 miles from 21:00 until 03:00.

Not much admittedly but if your in that 15 miles it makes all the difference...

Posted

cant believe it northampton are getting heavy snow and in wellingborough and rushden nothing !!!!!!!! do u think it will come up here ?

Posted

Now have ~1cm at Moulton. Very wet snow that makes that crumpling sound when you walk on it. I think power cuts very likely with this type of snow, bringing down power cables and or tree limbs onto cables. Snowing steadily very small flakes but heavier area of ppn now very close.

Yeah looks the same depth here at other end of town

Posted

Yes I think I am clinging on to your Snow , I live 10 mins away from Andy and he is getting nothing , I am getting Mod snow at least.

you say you're in Ratby? if i remember?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Yep me too.. what day(s) is most likely?

It's hard to call. No idea to be honest. All models are struggling with entire PPN bands. Imagine the difficulty with hit-and-miss showers. I'm afraid it's just going to be a nowcast a thing, but i'll be looking everyday in to next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Stopped here now but I am really pleased with the 2 inches I have! Although my wife wanted 6 or 7!

Oh stop now...nonono.gif AJ and me can`t stand anymore!!!yahoo.gifdrunk.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

There is a new weather warning for Staffordshire, Telford and Shropshire for snow showers. It was issued at 21:50!

Posted

Pretty much as I predicted then so far with the NE of Northants missing out on the snow at the moment. Even if Kettering, Corby, Rushden, etc do miss out from this main band, there is a front due to come down towards lunchtime which could deposit an inch or so across the county. Maybe a little more than that in places!

As for here the snow continues to fall and according to the radar it's not going anywhere fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Temp currently -0.2c and dewpoint -2.4c. Both of these have been on a downward trend since 17:00

chris where r u? im on the northern/west edge of leicestershire and tip of south derbyshire, some 25 miles north of brum?

what do you think of my chances swinging round to me

[quote name='snowmadchrisuk' date='05 January 2010 - 22:21 ' timestamp='1262730095' post='1708233'

Well just looked out the window 22.21pm and it is still coming down thick and fast , I must be clinging on to the eastern side of the band by the thread of my teeth then .

Posted

Local Weather: Southern parts of Midlands could see 20-25cm of snow.. Im still thinking North Birmingham could get it! :cold:

I hope so! You can't get much more south of the Midlands here before you reach the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If GFS pans out, then we're good for several hours of sustained snow....If not, then agonizingly close, but no cigar!

The GFS got this evening's event too far north, so I seriously doubt what it says. It is now moving directly west, so it looks like we will miss out completely on the major stuff.

Posted

Pretty much as I predicted then so far with the NE of Northants missing out on the snow at the moment. Even if Kettering, Corby, Rushden, etc do miss out from this main band, there is a front due to come down towards lunchtime which could deposit an inch or so across the county. Maybe a little more than that in places!

As for here the snow continues to fall and according to the radar it's not going anywhere fast.

i cant believe wellingborough only has light dusting ........ any chance it will extend this way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

It's hard to call. No idea to be honest. All models are struggling with entire PPN bands. Imagine the difficulty with hit-and-miss showers. I'm afraid it's just going to be a nowcast a thing, but i'll be looking everyday in to next week.

Thanks mate.. Think thats about it for us tonight. Never mind

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Still snowing here! That's 8 hours without stopping. Been out building a snowman (with extra bits, haha!) - bit concerned though as I live in a valley and none of the roads have been cleared here, without a thaw expected I've no idea how long it'll be until I can actually get out of the village!

On another note, I wonder how far North that pptn will come :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

The BBC say no snow for the East Midlands tonight and tomorrow, but returning on Thursday.

The BBC told us 2 weeks ago that Newcastle United were already back in the premeirship!!! PAY VERY LITTLE ATTENTION !!!

Posted

i cant believe wellingborough only has light dusting ........ any chance it will extend this way?

Doesn't look like it.

It's just heading west and going away from us.