Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Morning everyone,

Still no sign of any snow here in St. Ives, although I did see 15 flakes of snow last night from my bus :D

Posted

Morning all, starting to get bigger flakes in Wanstead, East London. Looks like it's going to get heavier later too:yahoo:

Yep looking good here....contemplating whether to head into work....central line is suspended btw! :D

Posted

Yes but Norfolk looks likely to be hardest hit.

Personally I will be delighted for members in Norfolk who have suffered many disappointments in recent years. Im not greedy like some!

True Norfolk hasn't done well in recent years but this year a little different depending on where you are. The pre Xmas snow delivered around 6-8" in North Norfolk, the most snow for several years which stayed for well over a week - also v unusual. Over the weekend, there was a dusting each morning and when I left for Herts Mon morning, there was a couple of cm's increasing to a few inches in and around Swaffham.

Edited by Steve Edgefield

Posted

Hi all!

Heavy snow now in chelmsford essex, been snowing for a bout an hour, large flakes and probably just under 2 inches of lying snow. Love it.

cheers

Posted

Thats so annoying as thats not moving south at all, of course it will have to at some point but it won't be nearly as potent as its a local streamer event, certainly got lucky...light snow here but probbly so light its actually helpin to melt the snow not add to it...ironic enough!

Irony can be quite ironic at times Kold,a man of you calibre should know that :D

Posted

By the way anybody near the Guildford region?

How much in that area, must have also been nailed?

Hi Kold,

Your estimate last night was very accurate, we've got 7-8", its still snowing now and we're under a warning for later tonight too.

I'm thinking if we get another dump today/tonight we may see some big probs with power lines etc.

Posted

Been lightly snowing for about an hour here now, just on the bus on my way in to work (Central London), just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of any potential disruption to the City Of London today?

Posted

Been lightly snowing for about an hour here now, just on the bus on my way in to work (Central London), just wondering if anyone can give me an indication of any potential disruption to the City Of London today?

i guess it depends on the direction and potency of any streamer or instability coming down from the north.

play it by ear i reckon.

Posted

Ello peeps just thought i would bob in here and see how your all doing. Got aorund 20cm lying snow here up north...well manchester. Looking at http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop looks like the low is starting to shift west or south west along the south coast. I maybe wrong here but as that happens with the rotation of the low the south coudl be in for prolonged snow fall today.

Stay safe and dont forget to get some piccies!!!!

Posted

wind is now firmly in the east - time for a streamer?

Looks like we've already got one in the N Sea.

Posted

Morning yamkin are we in for a period of moderate snow this morning before the band from the north thanks in advance radar don't work properly on my phone

Yes, more snow due to the Thames Estuary Streamer joining the ppn band from the Channel, then we get further snow from the North.

Posted

Northern edge of low seems to be intensifying over the last hour especially in Essex. Has just started snowing lightly again in Clophill, Bedfordshire is this likely to intensify as it drifts south today?

Posted

Yeah by the time the day is done I suspect your looking at something around 9-10 inches, its going to look quite amazing tomorrow still, if not very slippery!

Still nothing of note here, that band is just going to stay there it seems and wait till the trough finally merges with it and shunts it south...got a funny feeling some place sin Essex could get a lot more then expected, maybe even as much as 5-6 inches where the band stays.

Band to the north doesn't exactly look amazing at the moment but thats the one thats going to kick it all south.