Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No stamina.....................

Yes the "Will it rain" radar says rain/sleet south of the Thames but it does seem to turn to Snow when it gets to the North.

It's a wait and see senario.

Posted

What? The trough from the NE or the band of ppn coming in off the Channel?

As far as Hertford goes, I reckon that the band of ppn over E Hants/W Sussex will reach roughly your area and then stall, while the other trough in the North Sea tracks down and joins in on the fun.

So don't quote me (unless I am right of course :lol: ) but I think that you will be in the prime position over the next 8 hours or so, then it should sink SE back over London and then into the far SE.

Ok thankyou I told my Daughters they would probably not have school in the morning, so if it's going to be that bad I may consider keeping them off for the day even if the School is open.

Posted

Snow eased off completely here. Patiently awaiting the next delivery which hopefully will be in the next half hour.

-1 here, snow has not been marginal at all so am hopeful that the next lot will fall as snow also.

In the meantime the Aus vs Pak cricket is quite entertaining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Can someone answer this question: Is the ppn coming up into London & the home counties from sussex/kent marginal? Or will it be all snow (away from the coasts that is)?

Posted

Same here!!!

Back to topic...That ppn is still moving steadily towards London, but will it be snow??? The temps are not great and there were warnings that London would be in a mild sector at about this time.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed eh.

(Where has everyone gone? Amazing that we were doing a page every 3 mins, now it is dead??)

Only the hardcore left on here now. :whistling:

There definitely is a mild sector and I'm stuck in it. 1.1 with a dp of 0.1. Still, at least the greater the temperature variants between here and behind the cold front to our south, the heavier the ppn is likely to be. Nothing to be too worried about people.

Posted

Can someone answer this question: Is the ppn coming up into London & the home counties from sussex/kent marginal? Or will it be all snow (away from the coasts that is)?

No idea yet, guessing that the North of the Thames will be colder, but others have had rain/sleet, so it may be our turn for some.

I really must stop looking at the Meteox radar, the shoe sale is most distracting. lol

Posted

Going by the UKMO FAX charts, it looks like the band to the south wants to catch up with the one to our north squeezing out the mild sector just before the trough moves south tomorrow.

Posted

Only the hardcore left on here now. :whistling:

There definitely is a mild sector and I'm stuck in it. 1.1 with a dp of 0.1. Still, at least the greater the temperature variants between here and behind the cold front to our south, the heavier the ppn is likely to be. Nothing to be too worried about people.

Picking up again here in Southgate, N London....and it's still snow!!! I think we've had 2/3"...

Posted

Looks like Snow. Looking a very orange sky to my south. I am quite High up here and apparently [according to the Sky people] Canary Wharf can be seen from my roof!

Another 15 mins or so and we will find out.

Picking up again here in Southgate, N London....and it's still snow!!! I think we've had 2/3"...

Perhaps it's passed me by if you have it already???? you are to the North of me.

Posted

Ahh Southgate is just down the road! I hadn't looked out the window for ages because I thought it had all stopped but looked after your post and it certainly is still snowing despite DP being over 0c!

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted

Turning very light for my area now.

So I will bid you all Goodnight. [all 2 of you, lol]

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well the ppn to the South of London is still coming in at a rate, while the lower end of the arm is picking up nicely.

Cup of coffee methinks, plus a drop or two of something warming and see how it pans out. I really was hoping for an early night tonight, but that's all out the window...AGAIN!

Night, night CJ114, sweet and snowy dreams.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Looks like Snow. Looking a very orange sky to my south. I am quite High up here and apparently [according to the Sky people] Canary Wharf can be seen from my roof!

Another 15 mins or so and we will find out.

Perhaps it's passed me by if you have it already???? you are to the North of me.

I think it was a small pulse.......a few flakes only now!!! Another 30 mins then bed I think!!

Posted

Well the ppn to the South of London is still coming in at a rate, while the lower end of the arm is picking up nicely.

Cup of coffee methinks, plus a drop or two of something warming and see how it pans out. I really was hoping for an early night tonight, but that's all out the window...AGAIN!

Night, night CJ114, sweet and snowy dreams.

Its definitely steaming in towards south London, but it seems to be fizzling out as it moves inland. Still should hopefully be enough on it to see a couple of cm's.

Posted

How is anyone ment to sleep tonight lol !! It's crazy crazy out there.im 25 years old can't remember seeing anything like this. The trees and bushes look like they will break there is so much snow on them

Posted

How is anyone ment to sleep tonight lol !! It's crazy crazy out there.im 25 years old can't remember seeing anything like this. The trees and bushes look like they will break there is so much snow on them

How much do you have down there?

I think the 40cm's for some areas that was forecasted earlier may have been a bit OTT. But it does look like some areas will get up to 8 or 9 inches, which is still bloody good.

Posted

I am used to staying awake watching the ppn fizzle out as it hits London, and it seems that it is going to do the same again. But all is following the forecast and the ppn should come back to get me later today, which I may miss because ~I stayed up too late...AGAIN!

That's radar watching for you. Another 25-35 mins and if it doesn't pep up, It's bedtime for me. I just wanted a short late night stroll through London's streets in the snow. One of the best time's you could ever have in the Capital!

Posted

I am used to staying awake watching the ppn fizzle out as it hits London, and it seems that it is going to do the same again. But all is following the forecast and the ppn should come back to get me later today, which I may miss because ~I stayed up too late...AGAIN!

That's radar watching for you. Another 25-35 mins and if it doesn't pep up, It's bedtime for me. I just wanted a short late night stroll through London's streets in the snow. One of the best time's you could ever have in the Capital!

Absolutely agree - wading through snowdrifts up Tottenham Court Road at 7 in the morning last February was a seminal experience.

Snow has started again here, light to moderate. Will look at one more radar update before bedtime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

How much do you have down there?

I think the 40cm's for some areas that was forecasted earlier may have been a bit OTT. But it does look like some areas will get up to 8 or 9 inches, which is still bloody good.

In Cardiff there is 8inches of snow never mind in the valleys and there is many more hours to go, 16inches(40cm) could actually be achieved in Wales.

Posted

It has just been very light frozen rain here for the past 90 mins, looks like there are a few flakes trying to get involved now, so maybe the warm sector has started to move away.

I really fear for people's safety on the roads out there, there will be black ice everywhere under any snow, so slippery as hell.

In Cardiff there is 8inches of snow never mind in the valleys and there is many more hours to go, 16inches(40cm) could actually be achieved in Wales.

There is another big wedge of ppn looking like it may be heading your way from the Bristol/Avon area, you may well hit 16".

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

The best of the Snow is still to come in London, yes the warm sector has gone and its starting to glow in the sky here now and the wind picking up a little. Will this be many hours of Snow fall for Herts. ?