Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Whats coming through Bristol is heavy but fine. Not awe-inspiring but will eventually give a good cover as it seems set to continue for a few hours. Looks like a conveyor belt feeding it up through Brighton and then along the M4. (as long as it keeps its sourtherly component for a while out of Brighton)

Posted

Moderate in Westbury, must have somewhere around an inch now. If it stopped now, it still looks nicer than anything I've had so far this winter. The sky is orange, and outside my window there is snow silence...

Posted

Good point guys, it has been constant but not heavy here. In fact I can't see the curb now so good start!

Do I go to sleep.....?

Posted

Hmmm, the blob has thrown up a Northern arm in the last 2:45 frame on raintoday. Maybe it'll get heavier in a minute.

Posted

Whats coming through Bristol is heavy but fine. Not awe-inspiring but will eventually give a good cover as it seems set to continue for a few hours. Looks like a conveyor belt feeding it up through Brighton and then along the M4. (as long as it keeps its sourtherly component for a while out of Brighton)

To call it heavy snow you need a good amount of fantasy... :o :o

Posted

Hmmm, the blob has thrown up a Northern arm in the last 2:45 frame on raintoday. Maybe it'll get heavier in a minute.

Just got pretty heavy here so it shouldn't be to far away from you

Posted

yeap 2.45 slightly better...still nothing serious though...!

Posted

Not sure we're gonna get "mega heavy" tonight. Maybe the stuff going up through Reading will reach us in a streamer? But anyway I'mm happy with constant for a few hours.

Yes - Zephyr - that's much better lol!! (just looked out the window)

Edited by kumquat

Posted

3:00 met radar seems to have pepped everything up

Yes was just looking at that myself then noticed some darker reds beginning to show around the Bristol area on raintoday also. Looks like that streamer that's going over Reading at the moment could also hit us with any luck..

Just looked out really coming down again

Edited by Zephyr

Posted

Big flakes and coming down pretty hard now. Looking at radar there's still more to come.

Posted

Snow coming in from virtually every angle at different stages but Weymouth stays snowless and not even in with a chance looking at the trajectory.

It's a cruel cruel blow when you consider it is down to just pure bad luck and not based on my geographical location (for once). It's not as though we're usually blessed with the white stuff anyway! May change but unless that low suddenly decides to pull away on a more SE direction which it ain't going to.

On a purely selfish note, be careful what you wish for. I have been going on for ages about the potential of a shortwave forming off th back of the occluded front which passed south yesterday. It happened but then took up residence it exactly the wrong place (for me anyway). A 1 in a 100 chance.

STILL waiting for my first snowflake this winter but all that aside, I am chuffed that so many people got in on the action, enjoy! :rofl:

Posted

Thought I'd pop in here seeming as the Midlands thread was dead. I'm only 15 miles from Gloucester anyway. Malvern has 16cm of snow. How's everyone else doing?

Posted

Thought I'd pop in here seeming as the Midlands thread was dead. I'm only 15 miles from Gloucester anyway. Malvern has 16cm of snow. How's everyone else doing?

heavy snow earlier upto 10 cm in somerset better then i first thought birstol areas proberly more. very lucky here considering 20 miles south looked hardly anything

Posted

Still snowing in North Bristol has been non stop since about 12am heavy at times not sure how many cm's yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just strolled out of bed to find that school is closed and a lovely wintry scene out there! At least 7-10cm by the looks of it, will check when I have got dressed. Snowing still and windy. Looks like plenty more to come too! :cc_confused: