Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

-15C last night here.

Blimey!! :D, you been out in it?

Posted

Looking at the updated graphics on the BBC website, looks as though there are a few bands of showers going to move through over the next few days. Don't know what I'd prefer really, more snow or very low temperatures?

More snow please: -5 is quite cold enough. My boiler is dripping and cuts out occasionally!

Andrew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

-15 in Irlam! That is astonishingly cold for what isn't a deeply rural location!

Morning Os,

Some amazing low temps in your part of the world at the moment. Only -8C this morning in Katschberg. The UK cold spell has made the news over here.Had a look at the snow cover map, looks like the whole of the British Isles is covered in white. Just wonderful.

C

Morning Os,

Some amazing low temps in your part of the world at the moment. Only -8C this morning in Katschberg. The UK cold spell has made the news over here.Had a look at the snow cover map, looks like the whole of the British Isles is covered in white. Just wonderful.

C

Morning C,

-12.2 here just as the sun is ready to rise.

:D:D:cold::D:D

Posted

Some quite astonishing weather at the moment really. It really is bone chillingly cold out there this morning, just switched the car on to make sure it'd start okay and the guage was reading -12.

Wrap up warm if you're off out, and don't forget your neighbours :D

Edited by Louise

Posted

Some quite astonishing weather at the moment really. It really is bone chillingly cold out there this morning, just switched the car on to make sure it'd start okay and the guage was reading -12.

Wrap up warm if you're off out, and don't forget your neighbours :D

-15 in Wilmslow last night, up to -14 at the moment! The thermometer is near the house as well so it could have been colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

-12.3°C now can't be long before it rise though, it's starting to get light.

Edited by James M

Lol, no! Keep an eye on the Manchester Ship Canal, because ice could start forming on it. It was iced-over in 1895, a year after it opened.

It was also iced over in 1995 (didn't think to look in 2000). I suspect that it may be now too, towards Warrington it was covered in a layer of semi-frozen slush which has probably set this morning.

Posted

lol I'm amazed at the temperature we're getting now, but it sounds pretty feeble compared to some of yours. I suppose this is one occasion where a bit of height is a disadvantage as your just above the pool of the very coldest air.

Posted

-15 in Irlam! That is astonishingly cold for what isn't a deeply rural location!

I can confirm it's cold living in Irlam too lol... I registered -8.4 as the coldest and it's still falling... But that weather station is in Salford. Reports of -13 right now...

Posted

Just been out in it, blimey! coldest I can ever remember feeling, though I might have felt colder years back 95 etc. My hand is kinda hurting now as it stuck to the door handle! lol

Edited by James M

Posted

-15 in Wilmslow last night, up to -14 at the moment! The thermometer is near the house as well so it could have been colder.

It is not often I wish I lived in Wilmslow not Macclesfield! I think it is probabably almost tropical in Macc by comparison, this is the coldest I can remember I am sure, what are thye coldest temps for this region recorded?

Posted

Morning Os,

C

I've just been outside to feed the rabbits and bring some logs and coal in. Don't worry - the rabbits are bone dry and have a panel heater in their run which keeps their water bottle unfrozen. The coal bunker, however, if frozen solid which makes it very hard to fill the scuttle up with. I had thick walking socks on and walking shoes, but the cold went straight into my feet, and my cheeks were really hurting. Not looking forward to walking the dog.

Now daylight's breaking, the steam coming off the river in the back is a sight to behold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-7.1c DP -10c

and looking at the models/reading model thread its going to get colder!!!! no end in sight.

pretty extreme, and quite worrying in some ways. however it very exciting!!

Edited by james12