Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIII

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

It has finally just started to snow here in St. Ives :yahoo:.

EDIT - Stopped again!

Edited by we1330

Posted

still coming down in braintree,very fine but lots of it .

please can some one explain to my in numpty talk what a thames streamer is often see this beast talked about but never 100% clear what has to happen/does happen/will happen.

Posted

No snow here still, have not had any for a couple of days now, however we do still have about half inch frozen to the ground. :)

Hope we get some more soon (seems to be to the north and south of us at the moment. :yahoo:

Posted

Am surprised there is no orange Met O warning out for Essex.

Agreed. They have been sloppy on a few occasions, why they don't have a group of people ensuring that the warnings are up to date when an event is going on is beyond me. Employ someone from here.

Posted

Hopefully that feeds westward Paul, would be nice to get more then light snow that is only helping add to the melt!

Rather annoying seeing that band being so close, just want it to get a move on and dip southwards to be honest before temps become less favourable for settling snow here.

Posted

15-20cm fell here last night in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Hasn't stopped snowing and seems to be getting heavier. Whats the forecast for this region (near Watford) for the rest of today?

Posted

Does it look like the blizzard in MK is heading Leighton Buzzard way?

It's not snowing at all, few flurries this morning, that's all. A bit of inaccurate reporting I think

Posted

It's not snowing at all, few flurries this morning, that's all. A bit of inaccurate reporting I think

few flakes falling in central london now, sky looks very grey and if we play our cards right it perhaps could set in.......

Posted

Agreed. They have been sloppy on a few occasions, why they don't have a group of people ensuring that the warnings are up to date when an event is going on is beyond me. Employ someone from here.

Whack your CV in mr hammer,snowing here again lightly :)

Posted

15-20cm fell here last night in Bushey, Hertfordshire. Hasn't stopped snowing and seems to be getting heavier. Whats the forecast for this region (near Watford) for the rest of today?

Snow for most of the day. You've done well for 15cm, we've got about 5cm here in East Herts and this current snow is rather fine, but coming down quite fast. Wish the flakes would get a bit bigger.

Posted

Does look like some sort of Streamer has setup over N.Essex as the winds come from the East. This appears to be sinking south slowly, as a result i'm now getting light/moderate snow in Southend. Looks like it could stay a while looking at whats coming in off the N.Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Several cms of snow in Alresford, Essex - between Colchester and Clacton.biggrin.gif

Started snowing at about 7 this morning.

I see the Met Office are off the mark with warnings in our area.dry.gif

Together with missing the protracted cold spell in February 1986, when referring to the duration of this one and instead going back to 1981, they're not covering themselves in glory.

Posted

Morning folks,

Snow fall pepping up here at the moment, still some laying from last night, with slight melt, can we expect a thames streamer type event today...?

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Posted

I definitely don't have the predicted 30cms in High Wycombe. I just measured in the middle of the lawn and we have a respectable 15cms/6 inches.

Most of it fell between 6pm and midnight - and although everytime I looked out of the window for the rest of the night it was still snowing, it must have been very light as there was not much more accumulation.

Snowing quite heavily here again but with smallish flakes.

Edited to add that I live at the bottom of the hills in High Wycombe - they may have 30cms higher up!

Edited by Mrs M

Posted

Unreal radar shows a ESE just in my location which is stopping the band from sinking and keeping it heading into central Essex...hmph!

Therefore the whole lot has to move before I can get anything that won't stop melting the snow, at this rate won't be much left then a slushy mess by the time the band finally comes through whenever that will be.

Posted

few flakes falling in central london now, sky looks very grey and if we play our cards right it perhaps could set in.......

He was asking about Milton Keynes :)

Posted

Morning folks,

Snow fall pepping up here at the moment, still some laying from last night, with slight melt, can we expect a thames streamer type event today...?

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

High Steve. Just down the road from you in Sarfend. Snowing moderately here now. Check the radar, definitely a streamer has developed. More so up towards Chelmsford and Colchester, but I think this is starting to shift slightly South which is why we are getting snow now. If the winds stays as it is, that would be very favourable for us indeed.

Posted

Awww that sucks, I was getting all excited then! Never mind at least we have a decent cover of snow here.