Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIII

Posted

Awww that sucks, I was getting all excited then! Never mind at least we have a decent cover of snow here.

its going to snow in Leighton buzzard again before the end of the day from the eastflow coming towards us ,im sure of it

Edited by simon65

Posted

I feel your pain, i hate it when someone has a flurry and i haven't!

It is looking good for your area in the next few days too isn't it? Hopefully you'll get a good dumping.

I'm not going to be at home but in Guildford so if this day fails here like I have a sneaky feeling it wil, I should still see a big amount of snow there...but I'll miss any snowfall in Essex probably as I won't be about, also going to miss the fun online as well :D

Posted

its going to snow in Leighton buzzard again before the end of the day from the eastflow coming towards us ,im sure of it

Fantastic, I hope your right.

Posted

Good Morning!

Snowing lightly here in Peterborough, has been for about an hour, I think we're far from the proportions other EA/SE members are experiencing!!! Happy Snowballing all

Mrs F x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The snow suddenly starting to pick up now. The 'streamer' may be starting to shift slightly further south. Or it could be widening and fattening out at it's southern end.

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

NEWS 24 FORECAST

HEAVY snow moving into east anglia tomorrow and pushing into the london area and south east england tomorrow night :D

Posted

West, Central and East Kent Quick Discussion:

What is everones thoughts on the next 24,48, and 72 hours. It is easy to get carried away with models and snow, but looking at the charts and models I see a few possible outcomes, some very good for snow others not so good, I woudl be interested to read comments on others opinions. Just interesting predicting the future :D

Posted

Chelmsford and Colchester look the prime spots at the moment and have been for the last couple of hours. Now all we need is that to shift 20 miles South and fast!

Posted

Really lovely massive flakes here now, coming down thick and fast.

You don't want it to move too fast, be patient and it'll reach you later and give you a nice couple of hours of snow. :D

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

I'm not going to be at home but in Guildford so if this day fails here like I have a sneaky feeling it wil, I should still see a big amount of snow there...but I'll miss any snowfall in Essex probably as I won't be about, also going to miss the fun online as well tongue.gif

Well lets hope for a Thames streamer for Guildford.....................and me.

Thanks for your forecasts. Very accurate. Have a good one.

Posted

Yeah same here Damn but its still too light to have a chance of settling, I need to have this stupid ESE airflow shift which needs the low to hurry up and kick itself SW rather then WSW...still I think some part sof Essex going to get a good 4-6 inches, quiten a good surprise fall for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

NEWS 24 FORECAST

HEAVY snow moving into east anglia tomorrow and pushing into the london area and south east england tomorrow night :D

saw that too. He sed potentially heavy snow into east anglia tomorrow and that it COULD move into the London area overnight. Going to have to monitor that one.

Posted

Darren

As other have stated it does not look like a True Streamer yet more an organised band coming in off the North Sea that the Low pressure is helping to pull westwards, I am seriously debating wether to head into London this morning for work, getting there is no prob, it is the picking up of the car at Upminster at 630pm and the drive down the A127 Home tonight.

If this lot is going to stay put I might as well stay put or is it going to shift Westwards towards Herts ??

Cheers

Paul S

cant believe Southeastern trains changed the timetables yesterday with the proviso that it will change "even if it doesn't snow" :drinks:

got to go to work tonight Paul, so will be leaving early. not sure how it will be in C London, but the fountains in Trafalgar Square are frozen over unsure.gif

Hats off to John Holmes for forecasting this one hi.gif

trouble with travel is that my 12 hour shift tonight becomes more like 16 hours with travel :lol:

Posted

Been snowing here in Chelmsford for over three hours now... getting rather deep :drinks:

Proper snow for a change, snowball stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

West, Central and East Kent Quick Discussion:

What is everones thoughts on the next 24,48, and 72 hours. It is easy to get carried away with models and snow, but looking at the charts and models I see a few possible outcomes, some very good for snow others not so good, I woudl be interested to read comments on others opinions. Just interesting predicting the future whistling.gif

& Brighton & Hove :drinks:

I never know which forum to look in!

Its still snowing very heavily here. All schools are closed. When I can get myself out of bed, I will give you measurements :lol:

Posted

Really lovely massive flakes here now, coming down thick and fast.

You don't want it to move too fast, be patient and it'll reach you later and give you a nice couple of hours of snow. :drinks:

Tommy

how much longer to you think is left in that band? the kids have gone to school believe it or not, getting heavy here again

Posted

We have been ever so slightly to the north of the heavier stream of snow, so I'd expect places like Harlow and Epping to have done well in past few hours, but it has still been snowing here since about 7.00am and it looks like maybe for the next hour we fall in a slighly heavier band of snow for anything between 1 and 2 more hours, dependant on whether this shifts south much.

Posted

Tommy

how much longer to you think is left in that band? the kids have gone to school believe it or not, getting heavy here again

Hi Andy! I would expect that school to close soon.

Posted

Tommy

Well, there's no sign of it moving south yet, I don't want to jinx it but I'd estimate at least an hour.

My brother and sister have gone to school too! Unbelievable given the amount we had before Christmas when they got off school. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Well theres probably about 1-2cms on the ground, there is light snow and probably will carry on for a while yet, may get heavier for a time as it will come south eventually but I think you will be fine. You've probably got more snow up there now then here.

Thanks very much for your reply. I will start getting ready to leave now

Posted

Hi Everyone, been charting these forums for the last couple of weeks and thought it was about time to join in the fun!!

That stremer off the North sea has been right over us in Felixstowe for a number of hours now with mod/heavy snow still falling. Must be pushing well over 2 inches now!! Think its about to leave us if it continues tracking south but has been a real welcome surprise with hopefully more to come.

Any thoughts if it is likely to pull east and continue here for a while longer or is it a deffinite southwards trend now?

Nick

(Felixstowe)