Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIII

Posted

Missed all the snow last night in West Cambs and missing it again today. I'm at work in Cambridge and all the showers to the north seem to be moving eastwards rather than south, so looking like Cambridge could end up with very little again, if anything. At some stage, surely, this area is going to get some good falls??

Posted

& Brighton & Hove tease.gif

I never know which forum to look in!

Its still snowing very heavily here. All schools are closed. When I can get myself out of bed, I will give you measurements smile.gif

will you tell us how deep the snow is as well :lol: :drinks::)

Posted

My journey from home to work.

Beckenham (SE London/NW Kent Borders) roughly 2cms, most of which fell between 10.30 and midnight last night. Then into Croydon (2-3cms) and out to Kingston (SW London/Surrey) 4-5 cms. A little further down the road, colleagues from Epsom reporting nearer 8-10cms and then we can see from Haslemere, Camberley etc, that depths significantly increase.

Pretty decent call from the MetO in the end in what was a hugely complex situation. Currently overcast here in SW London with no precip (haven't time to look at charts, radar etc, anyone got a quick overview for this area today and SE London tonight)?

Cheers.

Posted

Anyone knowledgable have any idea of timings of the main snow for IMBY and for south london. ? Hubby is at work in south london and dont want him to possibly get stuck up there, thinkin roads may start to get bad when it all kicks off.

we had only 1cm last night ! very icy. Having the odd flurry atm.

thx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

NEWS 24 FORECAST

HEAVY snow moving into east anglia tomorrow and pushing into the london area and south east england tomorrow night yahoo.gif

let it snow let it snow let it snowdrinks.gif

Posted

Anyone knowledgable have any idea of timings of the main snow for IMBY and for south london. ? Hubby is at work in south london and dont want him to possibly get stuck up there, thinkin roads may start to get bad when it all kicks off.

we had only 1cm last night ! very icy. Having the odd flurry atm.

thx

hi Jackie :lazy: forecast was for the band of snow to come down towards South London around lunchtime. but latest radar showing it may move a bit slower. here in SE London we have light snow but all the roads are clear ( Greenwich council have finally got their act together :clap: )

Posted

Could do with the streamer coming south by about 10 miles.

Currently mainly light ppn here. St Albans and Hemel Hempstead appear to be doing ok out it however

Posted

Really really heavy snow here now, I've just taken a video and picture, uploading here

http://picasaweb.google.com/dupplawt/Snow6thJanuary2010#

Really bringing back memories of Feb 2009 now.

Looks like it's beginning it's southward movement, watch out London!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

well it looks like braintree in essex is going to just miss out on the main part but 6 miles further south in witham and chelmsford should get the 5-6 inches of snow.

Edited by smith25

Posted

starting to snow again ,rather light after a breif gap ,

Current data for Linslade

06 January 2010 09:43:48

Temperature (°C):

Current -1.0

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today -1.0

Wind chill -1.0

Humidex -3.7

Dew Point -2.3

Rel Humidity 91%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 4.5 W

Average Speed 0.0 S

Pressure (mb):

Current 1002.5

Trend (per hour) +0.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Getting nice here now. Flakes getting bigger, snow starting to get heavier. Still fairly moderate, but its heading in the right direction!

Posted

I thought that the netweather radar is supposed to update every fives minutes, there seems to be a 15 minute delay on my images? I am only subscribed this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Now East Anglia is 'orange' on Met Office warnings. Must be reading some of the corrrespondents comments here.. whistling.gif

About 6 or 7 cms here now. Still snowing.

Posted

Uxbridge area - went to bed a bit disappointed and equally so with a quick peek out the curtains at 5am, but woke up to moderate snow from this North Sea stuff and still falling .. 3-4" or so

Posted

Really starting to come down again. Streamer looks good for a few more hours clap.gif

Must watch the N24 weather in a minute for tomorrow shok.gif

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Missed all the snow last night in West Cambs and missing it again today. I'm at work in Cambridge and all the showers to the north seem to be moving eastwards rather than south, so looking like Cambridge could end up with very little again, if anything. At some stage, surely, this area is going to get some good falls??

Hopefully - later today looks like it might be a bit more promising for Cambs. I'm going back there on Sunday so I'm hoping there's plenty lying around by then for the inter-college snowball fight! The ENE'ly later this week must be promising for Cambridge, but you will have a better idea of how we tend to do in such set ups as this will be my first winter there. On the other hand I do hope I'll be able to fly as planned on Sunday! At the moment it looks like there could be problems with snow at Bonn and Stansted :/

Anyway snowy wishes to all... from a very white little village in the Bavarian Alps smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

nothing falling in bexleyheath... its all to the north over in essex!

Posted

well it looks like braintree in essex is going to just miss out on the main part but 6 miles further south in witham and chelmsford should get the 5-6 inches of snow.

Really hope so. We have about 3" currently and it is really nice fluffy snow too. Hope the band intensifies and starts to cover you to.

Posted

I thought that the netweather radar is supposed to update every fives minutes, there seems to be a 15 minute delay on my images? I am only subscribed this morning.

try a Ctrl+F5 to delete cookies, and log out then log back in again :clap:

Posted

Snow is definately moving from East to West as petering out here in the last 20 mins - Where people have moved cars this morning nothing has settled in the dry patches!

So just 10 miles north of here has a good few inches and we have light patchy alternating sleet and snow, still nice to see it falling.

Leaving for work in a mo!

Enjoy all esp those lucky to have today off and well done to SW London and others that have seen this incredible Channel Low Snowstorm - They are easily the best when they come off but boy do we have to wait for them!

Paul S