Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

post-2989-12627795907152_thumb.jpg

Whats this?? Any chance it`s on it`s way down?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

post-2989-12627795907152_thumb.jpg

Whats this?? Any chance it`s on it`s way down?

Don't think so mate, think it's just cloud from a low pressure system up there somewhere.

Posted

Don't think so mate, think it's just cloud from a low pressure system up there somewhere.

Cheers mate, how can you tell the difference between cloud and ppn then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Cheers mate, how can you tell the difference between cloud and ppn then?

Well you cant tell by sattelite pics. Like on that one most of that is probably precip but I think it's from a low pressure up there and isn't coming anywhere near us.

Posted

Well you cant tell by sattelite pics. Like on that one most of that is probably precip but I think it's from a low pressure up there and isn't coming anywhere near us.

Lol, you just wait till scotland is covered in pinks and reds!! yahoo.gif Sorry blues and greens, forgot where I was for a minute!unknw.gif

For a minute I thought you could tell by shade differences..good.gif

Posted

The latest NMM (12z) is interesting. It does show this line of snow showers tomorrow extending just far enough west to affect East Northamptonshire.

It will move through very quickly tomorrow lunchtime but up to 2cm is possible in Rushden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Main weather station says -4.1c, my little one says -4.8c. Either way, I think it's guaranteed to beat the previous low this winter of -7.0c here.

Posted

Theres a programme on bbc1 tonight about the big freeze(cough) at 8.00pm so for those who missed out theres a chance to put your face up the tv and dribble over the copious amounts those north and south have received wallbash.gif

Posted

Theres a programme on bbc1 tonight about the big freeze(cough) at 8.00pm so for those who missed out theres a chance to put your face up the tv and dribble over the copious amounts those north and south have received wallbash.gif

Do you know if Norton is open tomorrow mate? I'm off again :D

I won't be as jealous as I was a few weeks ago, at least we have got a decent amount of snow. Not as much as some jammy buggers have got but it is better than nowt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

WooHoo. After today's spell of snow I now have an inch of snow :lol: The roads on my estate are a nightmare and I had to leave the car at the bottom of the road. Much better. Now for some major snowfall and extreme cold. Let's make this a cold spell to remember.

Posted

Do you know if Norton is open tomorrow mate? I'm off again laugh.gif

I won't be as jealous as I was a few weeks ago, at least we have got a decent amount of snow. Not as much as some jammy buggers have got but it is better than nowt!

Just spoke to my old dear and she said that only the head master can make that callmega_shok.gif They have to phone him in the morning and he decides(if it were me I,d stay in bed lol) my weather station says -4.9 and my cheapo one says -4.7 so as you mentioned if the snow freezes solid which I,d guess it will then they will probably close it due to H&S reasons .nea.gif

Posted

Is it me or is that lovely red blob of precip which is just short of Sheffield now headed right for Wolverhampton???? Check out raintoday radar folks!

Any thoughts?

Posted

Just spoke to my old dear and she said that only the head master can make that callmega_shok.gif They have to phone him in the morning and he decides(if it were me I,d stay in bed lol) my weather station says -4.9 and my cheapo one says -4.7 so as you mentioned if the snow freezes solid which I,d guess it will then they will probably close it due to H&S reasons .nea.gif

I think that's a bit daft though. If it is still dangerous now it is only going to get worse overnight! Thankfully our head made the announcement this afternoon, but as you say probably means he gets a lie in lol.

Temperature is absolutely bombing now, -5c and we still have 12 hours of potential cooling left!

Posted

unblievable lollazy.gif some bloke on the bbc news channel just said that if it was,nt for global warming then this cold spell would have been much more severe. Why o why do they have to try and brainwash the public with their utter bullsh*t that global warming is the be all and end all ???? I wish they,d just come out and say "look we need some more money to waste on hairbrained ideas so we are gonna make you all pay extra tax" rather than ram all this G/W down our throatsmad.gif rant mode (OFF) crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I think that's a bit daft though. If it is still dangerous now it is only going to get worse overnight! Thankfully our head made the announcement this afternoon, but as you say probably means he gets a lie in lol.

Temperature is absolutely bombing now, -5c and we still have 12 hours of potential cooling left!

here in stoke kidsgrove we have 4 half inches of snow

Posted

unblievable lollazy.gif some bloke on the bbc news channel just said that if it was,nt for global warming then this cold spell would have been much more severe. Why o why do they have to try and brainwash the public with their utter bullsh*t that global warming is the be all and end all ???? I wish they,d just come out and say "look we need some more money to waste on hairbrained ideas so we are gonna make you all pay extra tax" rather than ram all this G/W down our throatsmad.gif rant mode (OFF) crazy.gif

Every story about the weather seems to have global warming dragged into it!

The fact that the first 10 days of January look like being the coldest since 1894 shows that it couldn't really be much colder, so actually thank God for global warming or we would be on the brink of an ice age :drinks:

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Actually that shower at Sheffield is a little interesting because it has survived the North Yorkshire Moors. Somehow i don't think it'll survive the Peak District as well!

NElies just don't work for us...northern England is just too hilly!

Hoepfully it'll break up enough for us to keep our clear skies. Interested to see how low the temperature can go tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

WooHoo. After today's spell of snow I now have an inch of snow smile.gif The roads on my estate are a nightmare and I had to leave the car at the bottom of the road. Much better. Now for some major snowfall and extreme cold. Let's make this a cold spell to remember.

Hiya mate , did you only get an inch then?? None from yesterday mornings band ?? And none from last nights heavy snow?? Im 7 miles from you and iv got a good 4inches . Very supprised from what you said then .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like some snow showers will push into the West Midlands region shortly. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Are some of the current reports on the Met Office site a load of guff? Nottingham Watnall reporting light rain - with -3.2C, sub -10C uppers and 117m asl?

Must be snow, can't be anything but the white stuff in this cold!

Posted

Looks like some snow showers will push into the West Midlands region shortly. :)

You've got me wondering now...its holding together well over South Yorkshire isn't it? Still a way to go though.

Though i'm not sure if i want brief light snow showers ruining the chance of getting some very low temperatures tonight.

Posted

Wow I didn't see those, heading straight for me at a fair rate of knots!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Hiya mate , did you only get an inch then?? None from yesterday mornings band ?? And none from last nights heavy snow?? Im 7 miles from you and iv got a good 4inches . Very supprised from what you said then .

Im from rugby aswell.. had pretty much nothing yesterday we were really unlucky