Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion XXXIV

Posted

Paul, its settling in London!

Seriously is my area got some sort of heat magnet or something, still no sign of it settling here even though the precip has pepped up...can't say I suprised.

Steve, thats very interesting, I hope that happens but given recent performance I'll admit I'm somewhat doubting it'll be close to even the lower end here...BUT I think your range is quite possible in the so called bullseye.

The 06z NAE went for 4-5cms generally and Ithink thats reasonable...

Surely can't be long before it settles here...

Posted

Paul, its settling in London!

Seriously is my area got some sort of heat magnet or something, still no sign of it settling here even though the precip has pepped up...can't say I suprised.

Steve, thats very interesting, I hope that happens but given recent performance I'll admit I'm somewhat doubting it'll be close to even the lower end here...BUT I think your range is quite possible in the so called bullseye.

The 06z NAE went for 4-5cms generally and Ithink thats reasonable...

Surely can't be long before it settles here...

Kold

Try to get a Webcam of C London - It is incredible and easily the heaviest I have seen for a long time

Posted

Drove back from Chelmsford. Heavy snow (not settling - drip fest) all the way to North Woodham. Descended from the heights to the plains on which South Woodham lies - no snow. Literally, not making it up. It stopped. Last half-hour has been snow purgatory, looks like it is trying but failing. Need another 15 minutes if the PPN continues to try.

Posted

stopped in hertford now!!!....are we due anymore??

Today I think that is it for you and I.

Posted

Yep heaviest part of the band looks like heading towards E.London, about 50-50 for my location, anywhere further east and your once again going to cop the dry slot!

I don't think I've ever been so unhappy on this forum, esp for you guys a little more to the east...haha a little change in a phrase sums up my thoughts for S.Essex over the last 24hrs:

never has so little been delievered by something which promised so much!

Can I please ask a 'Punter' question Kold? (so I can at least explain to my kids!)

How come we (North Kent Coast) have been right under the system since around 4 am (looks like we should be buried from MO IR Sat pics!), but haven't seen anything fall?? :-(

Posted

Is raintoday down for other people?

Not working for me either.......

Depending on your browser, I just leave it ticking over in the background. Couple of times I've got impatient, performed a F5 manual refresh and not had the site back for a good while.

I'm looking too!:) It will be icy tonight/tomorrow......

When do you think we could see some more?

Just looking at the models now Saint. :)

Edited by Wayneywoo

Posted

Heavy snow in East London....took the Bulldog out and he had run in doors in 2 minutes!

Great whiteout and big flakes here....everything covered in minutes :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Can I please ask a 'Punter' question Kold? (so I can at least explain to my kids!)

How come we (North Kent Coast) have been right under the system since around 4 am (looks like we should be buried from MO IR Sat pics!), but haven't seen anything fall?? :-(

You are under the cloud system but not the precipitation !

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The intense snow is still north of you , however it is snowing here

Posted

Erm....NAE model showing a few cm's possible tomorrow for the fortunate areas in the SE.

12z just rolling out now...