Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavy snow here but small flakes. The temperature has yet to go above freezing here so hopefully any blue sky to the north will keep itelf to itself until after dark. Infact, another hour is all we need.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Sky clearing up here now and can see the fields in the distance again. Had a great walk between 11.30 and 1 p.m. whilst it was snowing heavily! Snow in that period added another 2cm to the 7 we already had!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Still snowing in Weston, though not adding to the totals. Just been out for a walk and it is truly beautiful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not snowing in Frome. Gone over very dark though.

Been snowing moderately now in Brislington, Bristol, for about half and hour.

When i walked to work at 06.30am it was absolutely beautiful, no other footprints, no cars, just me and the very silent snowfall, it was breathtaking!

I am one happy bunny! biggrin.gif

Posted

Not snowing in Frome. Gone over very dark though.

Hi Craigman - think we will get a few more flurries before the end of the day, but I doubt it will add to our totals

Hi Craigman - think we will get a few more flurries before the end of the day, but I doubt it will add to our totals

Ahh - there we go - flitter, flutter drinks.gif

Posted

All eyes on sunday now cant wait for more snow now :) had some very heavy snow for about 30 minits.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

been threatening with darkening skies for over an hour.BUT nowt doing .On the bbc radar there has been cloud just off of Cornwall for a llllllloooooong time .Can't decide where it's going to move to.

Temp still at -1.2 gusts of wind at 32 mph NNE direction.

Gald everyone is having a good day.

Posted

Still snowing quite heavy here! Been going for about 8 hours now. Cannot see across the plain again just compleate whiteout :yahoo:

Posted

Not sure why a weather warning is out for us until 16:00 for heavy snow? Mostly gone for Bristol on the radar now.

That doesnt meen that the snow was ment to suddenly stop when the clock changed from 3.59pm to 4pm LOL! Its just a time frame that the snow is ment to fall within!!

Starting to snow lightly here again in East Dorset. The Pep approaching from the NE looks interesting

Posted

Just been looking at radar to the North East of the region,is it me or is there another line of slighly heavier prec building up heading down s-sw,where it will drop down to not sure but possibly Poole area of Dorset in for a little more maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

oooo how exciting snow just started again.Albeit light ,but hey it's still snow.

Posted

I'm not sure if any of the other cheltenham lot have been out and about yet, but i rather underestimated depths here I must say (I think my road is a bit more sheltered by buildings)

Walked up towards pittville through albert road, and all the way along there it was 10" level

Up at Pittville Park it was actually a little deeper where it was more open - between 11 and 12 inches there

Its starting to blow around a fair bit now too so drifting well over a foot deep, quite extraordinary really. Much lower levels as you head towards town, nearer 6 inches. I'm guessing maybe over this way we had a little intensification with the lift over the cotswolds. I think the stuff we got early afternoon here added another inch or so to the overnight totals, because its gone from about 18 to about 21cm in the back garden now.

I'll try and upload the few pictures i took earlier

SK

Posted

Just been looking at radar to the North East of the region,is it me or is there another line of slighly heavier prec building up heading down s-sw,where it will drop down to not sure but possibly Poole area of Dorset in for a little more maybe?

Yep i noticed this line not long ago and if keeps on track it looks like heading straight for Dorset! :clap:

Fingers Crossed!

Posted

got about 3 or 4 cm in outskirts of poole which wasnt bad and still snizzlng. looks like could get more from ne later from NW radar.

was some nice large tasty flakes earlier :clap:

Posted

That doesnt meen that the snow was ment to suddenly stop when the clock changed from 3.59pm to 4pm LOL! Its just a time frame that the snow is ment to fall within!!

Starting to snow lightly here again in East Dorset. The Pep approaching from the NE looks interesting

What a stupid comment.

The isnt anything on the radar coming into Bristol. Thats why I asked.

What is heading Bristol way....anyone know...

Thats why i was asking about the warning.

Posted

Sorry snowman15 did'nt see your post ahead of mine obviously both looking at the same thing with anticipation:)