Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Heat, Snow, Gales

Just set up my new weather station, yippppy. can anyone tell me what the humidity is roughly round the clevedon area, just wana make sure its reading righ. seems a little high to me, currently ready 87%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just set up my new weather station, yippppy. can anyone tell me what the humidity is roughly round the clevedon area, just wana make sure its reading righ. seems a little high to me, currently ready 87%

In Weston & mine is reading 93%

Posted

By Lois_AveryWednesday, January 06, 2010, 15:43Police have issued a SEVERE weather warning across Wiltshire as the Big Freeze takes hold of the county today. The extreme weather warning for Wiltshire, which was issued yesterday, has now been re-assessed as a severe weather warning. The update followed a meeting held at today by Wiltshire police and, the County Council and other agencies. Snowfalls are expected to continue in parts of Wiltshire for the remainder of the afternoon, and temperatures could easily drop to -10 degrees overnight. The Met Office has said that no significant thaw is expected for a number of days.

Posted

Last Feb we had approx 4 inches of snow from 3 cumulated falls, today there's also approx 4 inches but from just 1 fall! And it's still falling now with the radar showing more moving in from the ENE for a while longer.

Intriguing forecast on BBC Points West for the weekend, but before that it's going to freeze solid!

Posted

What a stupid comment.

The isnt anything on the radar coming into Bristol. Thats why I asked.

What is heading Bristol way....anyone know...

Thats why i was asking about the warning.

You sounded a bit puzzled as to why it wasn't still pep on the radar and it wasn't still snowing until 4pm when the metoffice have said 4pm on their warning!

Never mind! :blink:

RainToday radar is looking better for us than the MetO radar! lets hope the raintoday one is correct :)

Edited by Snowman15

Posted

Hasnt melted much,not as good as 82 or 91..

But Im very happy :blink:

Dogs you need to take a trip up towards the racecourse and pittville - 10" level up there!

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Well having looked at the radar it's looks like thats it for these parts and to be honest we did pretty well.

Posted

Dogs you need to take a trip up towards the racecourse and pittville - 10" level up there!

SK

SK this dinner time I walked roughly 9 miles's from Lecky,lansdown,town,hester;s way,St Mark's and Hatherley...

so hard to walk that distance in the snow,,,,truly shattered.

Been up since 5 recording.

Uploading video's of the walk..

I normaly head for Crickley Hill,but this year have given it a miss.

Next snowfall I will head for Cleave

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Next snowfall I will head for Cleave

Do you think we shall get another good snowfall this winter?

Posted

Do you think we shall get another good snowfall this winter?

very good chance...east wind with us through out this week..

my eyes are on Sunday LP developing in the N/E SEA..

THE LONGER the cold the better for the snow chance.

and its EARLY WINTER :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Damn tis cold out there! Brr!!

Bitter in the wind, snow blowing around and not a sign of thaw. Even up in the village only one or two cars seem to have gone out and there was a highways truck up there, obviously seeing if it was worth gritting.... :drinks:

Posted

Light/Moderate snow here in East Dorset now giving a top up to earlier snow. Looks like another batch of snow heading down to us which will be good!

Posted

Swebby, forgot to thank you for the possible explanation of that line of ppn in the Irish Sea as I was caught up in the excitement of more snow :drinks:

Yes - did seem to tie up with a trough an what a weird phenomenon "the Pembrokeshire Dangler" lol

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

skies look really heavy ,but only a few flakes falling now.Temps -1.1 set to drop tonight .

Take care everyone.

Posted

Hi everyone.

Have been following this thread for a while now (since about Part 3 (I think!)).

It was great to wake up to about 10-12cms of snow this morning, as Trowbridge has been in the "No-snow Zone" all winter so far!

Long may this cold, snowy spell continue!!!

It was snowing here about 20 minutes ago, but has stopped again now.

Thought we were in for a bit more around now (looking at the NW Radar), but it looks like it's slipping just South of here... Typical!

Attached (hopefully!) are a few pictures of Trowbridge in the snow.

post-11072-12627940543552_thumb.jpg

post-11072-12627941614552_thumb.jpg

post-11072-12627947640152_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Just back from snowman building and wandering the snowy countryside and have looked at the radar....

That bright echo crossing Wiltshire into Somerset looks really close - pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassse!

Just seen the Points West weather, gosh that looks pretty extreme for here, i wonder what the coldest temperature in Wiltshire in the last 20 years has been!

there was a highways truck up there, obviously seeing if it was worth gritting.... :)

There is a highways agency car round here as well doing nothing, not stuck just parked up in a housing estate :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

temp -0.5C. If we get a calm night with relatively clear sky, as forecast, temp could be interesting by morning!

The temps are dropping like a stone around here now - already -1.5C and the slight thaw has very much been halted, this snow should hang around for sometime now and if we are lucky maybe a top up later this weekend?

Edited by windswept

The temps are dropping like a stone around here now - already -1.5C and the slight thaw has very much been halted, this snow should hang around for sometime now and if we are lucky maybe a top up later this weekend?

That would be nice!

Posted

Just popped outside to clear the snow off my conservatory roof and it is cold already and the wind doesn't help. Gonna be chaos in the morning on the side roads/pavements as the slight thaw means there will be ice underneath the snow. :clap::help::help:

Posted

I've been out enjoying it for the last 2 hrs, some fantastic 1m drifts, snowman, snowball fights with the kids, sledging totally fantastic.

Couldn't wish for any more even though dorset missed out on the really big totals.

Temp -1.5 despite some moderate snowfall still.

NAE is showing another streamer hit at the 48hr range for the SW and then we have sat night/sun, then who knows or cares tbh. !

Edited by Iceberg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

It hasn't been above freezing all day here so I'm going to guess it will be a cold one tonight if the cloud clears as predicted. Would of thought below freezing tomorrow which should help with the snow cover before the next batch over the weekend! Or is that wishful thinking?