Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Whilst its still not settling (and this is really getting on my nerves now!) here Upminster is that bit urther inland and thus you may see a good 3-5cms coming down in the space of the next 90 mins or so there, totals wil ldrop away greatly as you get clsoer to the coast...

I wonder whats happening in SE Essex right now and whether they are having the same issues as me with snow not settling...I'm guessing the ESE flow earlier rose temps higher then just inland by the Thames and this is still having an effect even though winds are shifting...

Snowing heavily at the moment KW, temp 0.5C dew point 0.3C - sorry to hear your misfortune, up to now the same as you - barely a cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Snowing heavily here in Wanstead, lovely stuff, can't beat this! Smiles on everyone's faces :clap:

Heavier snow here now really setting in-

nearly up to those juicy 50p flakes-

Temps dropped form 0.5 to 0.3 in the lat hour- right on the cusp of settling everywhere-

Even though nearly up to 3 inches on the areas that have snow....

S

Posted

In the South Woodham part of SE Essex it has begun to settle. It took it's sweet time though. The drive back from Chelmsford was amazing - heavy snow until I descended in altitude from North Woodham to South Woodham, then nothing for at least half an hour. Kold Weather is getting this effect and then some. *Crosses fingers he gets some snow in next half-hour*

Posted

Met office super high resolution radar suggests Paul they did clip onto the heavy band that went through London just now...

I'm increasing giving upo ANY hope, looking at the radar the precip is weakening right where it'll track through my location, places just east will do well it seems...heavy precip heading towards SE Essex as well Paul!

I think I...am...offically...giving...up...this...time.

See ya later guys if we do get a surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

just measured on the grass.......4inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it out of your system and then try measuring again!

Posted

In the South Woodham part of SE Essex it has begun to settle. It took it's sweet time though. The drive back from Chelmsford was amazing - heavy snow until I descended in altitude from North Woodham to South Woodham, then nothing for at least half an hour. Kold Weather is getting this effect and then some. *Crosses fingers he gets some snow in next half-hour*

This is now proper velvety snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

Heavy Snow now in Shorne but only settling on frozen snow. Temp 0.5c falling. DP -0.3c

Pack depth 5cm max

What a difference a mile and a few mtrs asl make! :clap:

Posted

and still coming, temp is 1.1 and dew point of 0.2...thats not changed much all day....would you not class us as SW essex?

We are South West Essex, however I am on the Border of Greater London.

Not stopped Snowing all day, we now have around 5" of Snow.

Sorry Kold.

Posted

Hi all,

My 1st post after loking at this webiste for yonks!

I'm working in London (Liverpool Street area) and its heavy snow.

The wife back home in Basildon tells me its now snowing heavily again.

Cheers.

Posted

Snow has eased off here in Totteridge, North London at the moment.

Depths are now 11cm on hard surfaces and 13cm on the grass. So 4-5 inches of snow!

Derry

Posted

NW radar looks very good for a decent amount, already settling back on the road here, visiblty has really come down.

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Posted

heavy snow for last hour and half looks like its on its last legs here clearing from the north shortly as some others said biggest flaks seen in long time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Snow easing off now, but we must have about 2 inches of snow on the ground after that top up. Very nice. Unfortunately the snow seems to be heading south quite rapidly, so will probably stop soon.

Posted

Heavy snow and settling in Shoebury. Finally! Dunno about your 50p sized flakes, Steve M, they are £2 sized here. Obviously a better class of snow in Essex... :)

Posted

heavy snow for last hour and half looks like its on its last legs here clearing from the north shortly as some others said biggest flaks seen in long time

Ok just moderate to light snow now in Ealing and due to clear from the north as you say. So I suspect that is it. Final total: 4, perhaps 5cm. Not bad for a start for Zone 3. What's up later in the week? whistling.gif

Posted

Bare car now has 1cm covering that's in about 30 minutes, which would translate to 2mm PPN/hour.

Can't imagine what had gone on in Danbury where apparently 7 cm has fallen in the hour (or less) since I drove through on puddly roads with no more than 5cm by the side.

Posted

Tomorrow looks very nice for London, SE and East Anglia:

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs213.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs243.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs273.gif

^^12Z run

Edited by Ocean Transit

Posted

As expected western edge is decaying just as it gets closer to my location, what a grand shock that is!

Still snowing quite well, very pretty picture with the snow on the ground from last nights falls, but useless when it comes to settling...

I think my location is the ONLY place to not see any settling snow from todays front, well NW Kent maybe from the sounds of things as well from earlier this thread...

Edited by kold weather