Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221

looks like their a streamer going to dump on ipswich, felixstowe, colchester and this on a look on my part

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Larger shower on NW radar over Clacton/Harwich looks like it may miss Leigh-on-Sea, maybe pass near to Rayleigh...?

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Your right about that Steve it came down really heavy but it was pretty brief though.

BU

Posted

Thanks for the update PS

If the jetstream starts to push back North can this drive continental cold through the UK? Haven't paid much notice to JS in the past so not entirely sure how it all pulls together. Does it just funnel the atlantic lows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Well I'm confident that we will have to wait for sunday to have the potential of anything substantial...but I'm amused by you guys to the east who have scanned all day looking for heavy snow from potential streamers that rarely materialise....

...and i have decided that you are all just a bunch of daystreamers! :good:

Posted

HEAVY snow.

so why are the clouds disapering further inland ,heres my station report ,what needs to change ? im sure theres a few that would like to know

Current data for Linslade

07 January 2010 19:53:33

Temperature (°C):

Current -1.5

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today -3.4

Wind chill -3.8

Humidex -4.4

Dew Point -3.2

Rel Humidity 88%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 12.1 N

Average Speed 3.8 NW

Pressure (mb):

Current 1014.5

Trend (per hour) +0.7

Posted

i am new here wish people would talk to me here

Hello there, You are likely to be affected by the snow event on Sunday, but amounts of snow are still very uncertain :good:

Posted

HEAVY snow.

hay there everyone,love the sute,love the updates and the opoinons of everyone on her,im in heybridge near maldon,we have light snow at the moment ,ocean transit where in chelmsford are u

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted

Hi thunder123 welcome you don't have your location on your details.Ive been on here 5 years but just watch the posts.Many very good forecasters on here and some wind up merchants. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Funny. Rob McElwee on BBC just said about sunday...snow into the middle of England and into Wales, showed much less intense precipitation. I think Sunday is still very much up in the air with regards to amounts, location. It may turn out to be one almighty damp squib. Lets hope not...

Edited by danm

Posted

Hello and welcome:) I am new too only being on here for a couple of weeks. Come on peoples, say hello!:wallbash:

Posted

Funny. Rob McElwee on BBC just said about sunday...snow into the middle of England and into Wales, showed much less intense precipitation. I think Sunday is still very much up in the air with regards to amounts, location. It may turn out to be one almighty damp squib. Lets hope not...

does indeed just look like a cold day with outbreaks of light and patchy snow, more like widespread flurries, according to the UKMO 12z model now visible on BBC graphics

Posted

Snowed again here too! Must have come down pretty quick too, as I took the dog out 15 minutes ago and it wasn't snowing.... just nipped out for a ciggy and the drive (which my OH spent hours clearing today) was covered again!! Don't think he was happy when I told him as it was met with a very loud chorus of " bugger me" :wallbash:

Posted

Just looked out the window and its hammering down! :unknw:

Even the road is now covered again, it was mainly slush that had re-frozen. Temp currently at 0.2c DP -1 Windchill -6 :wallbash: .

Matt. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I would say that this kind of downgrade is the norm these days. The forecasters simply don't get the same criticism if their reports of heavy stuff fail to materialise, becasue unless the event itself is newsworthy, then there is no focus from the media. So a big event gets the question asked "was it forecast?". A non event doesn't get any questions asked. So it's always safe to startforecasting big if any hint of potential is suggested. If it occurs, praise follows. If it doesn't, media attention has gone elsewhere!