Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

cant see any of those showers hitting us tonight.NE is the worst direction ofr us as the showers or bands just head down the east side of the pennines.Same as last night i think,since monday its been quite poor as far as snow is concerned.Cant see us getting much at the weekend either.

Still,its been fiercly cold and i need to save on my bills.

Posted

My Temp -3.6C and falling very slowly, id be surprised if we cracked -6C tonight with the way things are going.

-------------------------------------

Garston -1.6C

Liverpool Airport -1C

Positively tropical lol

Just checked the meto forecast for sunday, light snow for the south of the region from what I can see.

Sunday Liverpool light snow, afternoon light snow and overnight snow showers, whilst runcorn has light snow from sunday through monday morning.

We are at -3.6 here at the Liverpool end of the M62. Obviously through the wind-chill factor, it feels far colder than this time last evening.

Posted

I cant see any cloud to the east at all?

Just looked at raintoday.co.uk and there seems to be a scattering of some very small snow clouds appearing across the Wirral, Cheshire and Liverpool. I don't know enough to work out if they're going to get together to form one big one but they seem to be coming out of nowhere! When I came home at 5 pm the sky did look like it was starting to cloud slightly.

Posted

We are at -3.6 here at the Liverpool end of the M62. Obviously through the wind-chill factor, it feels far colder than this time last evening.

Must be some sort of anomaly between Liverpool Airport and Garston preventing the temp from dropping as it should be.

post-8049-12629716638242_thumb.png

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

looking good for cumbria for ppn according to the nnm model, and usually quite accurate

-4.9c now

post-9615-12629715596542_thumb.png

Posted

Blimey...glad I made the most of the sunshine today then.

Currently -11.6C outside. I managed another record low maximum today, with the temperature only reaching -6.5C

Posted

Manchester airport Metar

EGCC 081659Z 0818/0924 01008KT 9999 FEW040 PROB30 TEMPO 0818/0823 3000 -SHSN BKN008 PROB30 0823/0910 5000 BR

Liverpool airport Metar

EGGP 081659Z 0818/0918 01007KT 9999 FEW040 PROB30 0900/0910 5000 BR

Posted

Two photos taken about an hour ago in Pickering's Pasture on the Transpennine Trail in Hale, Halton. There appeared to be small areas of ice floating down the Mersey towards Runcorn!!

Reattached smaller photos.

post-2398-12629724336842_thumb.jpg

post-2398-12629724488542_thumb.jpg

Edited by LiverBird

Posted

My photo of the Eden iced over made it on the local BBC lunchtime news today.

For further information, please contact my agent.

Well Done OON!! We've sent a couple in but as of yet, they haven't been chosen! I think they might be inundated at the moment..... :yahoo:

Posted

It has gone partly cloudy here as the trough from the east is gradually approaching! I think the snow showers will cross our region but be light by then thanks to the Pennines.

Generally more cloud than last night so the temperatures shouldn't get as low as last night.

Karyo

Posted

Well Done OON!! We've sent a couple in but as of yet, they haven't been chosen! I think they might be inundated at the moment..... :cold:

Just send them in to the North East & Cumbria version of Look North then...they're clearly not very fussy if they pick mine.

Posted

A few clouds floated in here now, nothing but nuisance value really!

Posted

compared to the north east and potentially the south east tomorrow I cant help think we have been hard done by. Weeks of lying snow in the north east with snow every other day, that being heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Sunday snow acc to BBC... Southern areas of our region should do ok, but they sound uncertain of the n & w boundary atm.

post-509-12629743569042_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

quite alot going on to eastern england and ne scotland on the ppn radar, keep an eye on it... nw england was due some ppn tonight

Posted

quite alot going on to eastern england and ne scotland on the ppn radar, keep an eye on it... nw england was due some ppn tonight

It is coming quite close now! Look at the latest radar:http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

A light covering on top of existing snow is likely I think!

Karyo

Posted

Yep I'm expecting that area of snow to eventually reach here but i'm sure those bloomin Pennines will drain most of the life out of them :wallbash::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

...just need a stronger easterly element to that wind to blow that band right over this way...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

-2.4c and cloudy! :wallbash:

Posted

re. the showers about to cross the Pennines, you'd be surprised how often the Pennines can actually enhance the showers, rather than weaken them!

Could be a light top up for East Manchester within the next hour.

www.raintoday.co.uk

Posted

re. the showers about to cross the Pennines, you'd be surprised how often the Pennines can actually enhance the showers, rather than weaken them!

Could be a light top up for East Manchester within the next hour.

www.raintoday.co.uk

I can already see the cloud thickening to the east of me! Fingers crossed!

Re: the 12z models: GFS and UKMO keep it cold. The ECM has other ideas however and wants to bring the Atlantic by midweek!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Looks like we MIGHT actually get a pasting from this.

Sunday and Monday look very snowy indeed... No school again i imagine. :drinks: