Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

patchy cloud here, might skim the edge of this :good:

Nope, this is fizzling out fast and heading SE of Manchester

Posted

Been over to the North East today. Must say they have had there fair share of the wite stuff. We always seem to miss out on a real dumping!!!!

Bloody cold though - 14 on my car this morning. -10 now.

Any chance we will get a top up of our 3 inch covering in the coming days.cc_confused.gif

P.S North west board rocks!!! NE is rubbishgood.gif

Posted

Looks like Merseyside could get hit by the band from the North East, Or has it gone to South now?

met office has stood down its warnings for our region for Sunday and Monday :whistling: Ive heard rumour that when/if the breakdown occurs because of the such low temperatures it will be very unlikely to budge the cold air meaning very very snowy conditions for many, maybe snowier than any of us have seen in our life time, however living in the Northwest, any snow is a mirical.

John

Posted

drat this is missing me by about 4 miles lol.

cloudy here but raintoday shows the snow sliding to my South east.

sad.gif

Maybe not even that far.

It has been snowing very lightly here within the last few minutes and we are on the edge of a fairly narrow band of ppn.

Posted

Another very cold day here, I think we saw slightly milder air than yesterday but still a max of about -2 degrees after a low of -10 degrees again.

I can see tonight being equally cold, any cloud that does encroach from the east looks very patchy and probably will have dissapeared by dawn.

Have to say though, compared to most of the rest of the country we have escaped very lightly in terms of snowfall, with only a general 2-3 inch cover overnight on Monday and a few flurries on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning but nothing since. If the winds were stronger I'm sure some of the showers which have been pounding the NE would have made it over this side of the Pennines. Alas I think Cumbria will have to resign itself to a dry weekend, perhaps some light showers on eastern fells but that is about it. It will mean it has been an exceptionally dry and sunny start to January, although much more cloud cover is going to set in now it seems.

Hoping that some sort of battleground can develop next week with the cold winning but with the battleground making it to our neck of the woods - a 5/6 Feb 1996 situation but be very nice, tentative signs of such synoptics developing next week but I have a feeling the high will be too close and any the battleground will be over Wales and SW England meaning we are just left with cloud - I'd much rather we saw a quick return to a potent arctic maritime airstream when the potential for polar lows and sudden troughs in the flow often develop - similiar to what occured on 20/21 dec and also 4/5 jan to a different exent.

Still tomorrow looks a smashing day for the Lake District, with many lakes now frozen it will look simply look stunning.

Posted

im getting nothing from it mate and im east of you.

weird.

You will very soon. It is coming from the northeast - from Leeds, to Darlington, to the east of Newcastle!

The sky has gone yellow white to the east of me!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Very worried about the temp. Its shot up to minus 1.0c looking marginal....

Posted

Just been outside to check and its marginal at best, not snowing in wythenshawe at the moment and I can literally see the line of cloud/clear sky to the centre/north manc with a few promising clouds coming my way

so heres to hoping!

Posted

edit now approaching moderate!!!

yeehar

:):nea: :blush: :nea::):cold:

Excellent, although it won't get any heavier than that!

Karyo

Posted

Very worried about the temp. Its shot up to minus 1.0c looking marginal....

It won't be marginal , the dp's are too low. IF the band of ppn makes it this far west it will be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

people are saying they got off lightly with 2-3 inch snow cover, i havnt had anything except an extremely light dusting here in egremontwallbash.gif

Posted

Light snow here - but it's a poor effort. Sorry guys, I've become spoilt by Tuesday's massive snowfall event lol Actually surprised it made it over the Pennnines so kudos to that particular rogue wintry shower. You now have official North West citizienship, because you ended your life on this side of the Pennines.

Posted

Think I'll catch the blob currently making its way to the Pennines ;)