Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Actually, I've looked at all those wind arrows and believe whichever are sending showers towards me on a given night.

:whistling::air_kiss: Me too

Shower heading for me NOW...

Posted

Fingers and toes crossed clap.gif

Looking the raintoday radar again, the Wirral seems to have it's own little group of snow showers just floating around the area but not really going anywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Looking the raintoday radar again, the Wirral seems to have it's own little group of snow showers just floating around the area but not really going anywhere!

we do? :)

Posted

It's hard to think that band of snowy weather just to the North East is going to be pulverised into Anathrop by the time it scrapes itself over the Pennines. Surely there'll be a few flurries left?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

if that band of ppn keeps some intensity will fun tomorrow....no doubt it will be nothing like that but there will for sure be some ppn left when it gets this side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

V light stuff in the street light atm.

Posted

Light snow is now fallingin Manchester city centre! :drinks:

Karyo

This band is surviving better than I thought it might. Most of the region should get at least a dusting.

Edit - sorry Daz. You've still got more than me though. My sister lives in Bury & her snowman was bigger than mine!

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

Netw radar shows no snow over Manchester centre, still all NE of Rochdale atm and dying out as it comes over. I think it's just little bits making it over. I'm being rather sceptical of this pptn.

Posted

we do? :cold:

Wellllll.... I'm still a newby at this..... but when I search for Liverpool on the raintoday radar, I can see pink dots floating across the Wirral...

I'm presuming that's snow but it could be a migraine starting... :help:

Posted

This band is surviving better than I thought it might. Most of the region should get at least a dusting.

I think northern parts of the region should do all right. Manchester only a dusting but I don't mind as there is plenty on the ground!

The 18z gfs is very promising for Sunday and Monday, but the bbc forecasts have the snow to the south.

Karyo

Posted

Nothing here atm. The showers are so close but seem to dancing around at the minute.

Posted

The 18z gfs is very promising for Sunday and Monday, but the bbc forecasts have the snow to the south.

Karyo

I'm glad you said that Karyo, because I thought I was seeing it wrong. BBC forecasts were better early evening for the NW. Hope they come in line with the GFS 18z at some point. Depends on the strength of the SE wind I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

looks like we gonna get some snow anyway the band still heading wsw...

Posted

I'm glad you said that Karyo, because I thought I was seeing it wrong. BBC forecasts were better early evening for the NW. Hope they come in line with the GFS 18z at some point. Depends on the strength of the SE wind I guess.

Yes, let's hope so! I could do with some disruption on Monday!

It was awesome not having to work last Tuesday due to the snow!

Karyo

Posted

Just seen the odd 1 or 2 snow flake fall past the street light.

Edit: Getting a bit heavier now but still light.

Been snowing here now for the past 30mins. Light snow in the main with a lot of tiny snow flakes but occasionally moderate. Nice none the less and will wonder how long it will carry on for. Hoping for some snow on Sunday/Monday too. Anyway Im off. Night all. good.gif

Edited by NW_Blackburn

Posted

pptn now coming straight off the north sea heading almost directly E to W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Naff all in south Manchester think they are slighty north of the city centre ATm

C.S

Damm radio presenter keeps saying snowing everywere in the NW

ERM......................................No its not

C.S

Posted

This morning GFS still continues the theme of bringing light and at times moderate Snow to NW England

Sun/Mon will have to see the fax charts later and hopefully the UKMO will jump on board.

C.S

Posted

Well the BBC seem to think any snow on Sunday will be confined to Eastern and Southern England. The FAX don't totally agree.

Weather on news 24 at 0420 said Manchester northwards would have a dry day

Totally against the fax chart and GFS.

C.S