Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A whole bunch of precip coming this way - but will it make it....? Surely this time it'll hit and not fizzle- surely!

Posted

A whole bunch of precip coming this way - but will it make it....? Surely this time it'll hit and not fizzle- surely!

The fate of my hair depends on these showers not hitting Nottingham! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

A quick reply to Butler_Son's post of me having a sensible Facebook picture up, now you guys should know by now that I am FAR from being sensible or rational! lol!!! Who the heck puts their house of for sale to move to a place for better weather??? albeit only one of the reasons, but still!

Now that the server has recovered from my profile seeking extravaganza...wub.gif

Check out this latest radar image!!!! Will it be a "close shave" for Nottingham!!! rofl.gif

post-8050-12629645184352_thumb.png

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Argh, I see the Sunday event has massively downgraded for anybody north of Birmingham, ah well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Argh, I see the Sunday event has massively downgraded for anybody north of Birmingham, ah well.

yeah seems strange, but the met office update I think a bit of an upgrade for W midlands, updated at 3.30pm, snow on sun-mon may make travelling difficult

really cant understand why the advisories have been lifted, bbc and gfs still say snow

I see you just made an ice day, -10.4C your min i see, mine was -9.3C

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

A quick reply to Butler_Son's post of me having a sensible Facebook picture up, now you guys should know by now that I am FAR from being sensible or rational! lol!!! Who the heck puts their house of for sale to move to a place for better weather??? albeit only one of the reasons, but still!

Now that the server has recovered from my profile seeking extravaganza...wub.gif

Check out this latest radar image!!!! Will it be a "close shave" for Nottingham!!! rofl.gif

You just wait... it will part like the red sea just before it gets here :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

You just wait... it will part like the red sea just before it gets here laugh.gif

I will place my bets on it going NORTH of us....althooooouuuuuughhh, as I say that, the winds have changed and it looks to be going more southerly than normal!! hmmmmm....

Posted

The current band (trough?) currently around humberside to newcastle is interesting.

From memory this morning, the forecast was for potential snow about 6pm. On its current track, this looks plausable. I doesn't seem to be breaking up as much as the other 'scraggs' of ppn that were trying to move in land.

Posted

Just started snowing here, looking likely to see an hour or two of snowfall! Should add to growing accumilations here, still around 5cm's.

Posted

Of course you're not...how could I have forgotten!

I vote that these showers will miss us by a hair's breadth! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Of course you're not...how could I have forgotten!

I vote that these showers will miss us by a hair's breadth! :drinks:

That's what has happened near enough everytime! Like the big dumping Sheffield, Mansfield and Birmingham got - but all we got was a light shower as it clipped us... Keeping a close eye on this one! If we all concentrate maybe we can will it here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snow levels looking increasingly less likely as we move through out the weekend now, with the main bulk of the PPN staying south of birmingham during sunday and monday. Forgive me if that is you bill, but i'd say you have another imposter on your hands. I live most of my life over on null and thoose posts didnt seem particularly "bill" like.. lets just say...

Posted

Brief update from me:

Minimum temp last night was -13.7c

Maximum temp today -3.1c

Temp now at 3:50 is -4.5c

Snow cover on Roads has nearly gone, all got a brown tinge

Paths still mainly have full snow cover, all be it discoloured and totally trampled

Garden still has a good inch of untouched cover so i'm on the prowl for a quick top uplaugh.gif

Paths are absolutely deadly in parts with some bits turning to pure ice

Couple of question for my Midland mates...

Is that band of organised showers going to hit me?

What's Sunday/Monday looking like for me?

What about Tuesday in general for the Midlands?

Take a peak at this...

They're saying it's gonna warm up by the end of next week

Then they're forecasting me snow all next week, with a high of -6 the week after. Foecasters don't do themselves any favours to the public do they???

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/

Edited by we_want_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LOL just got back from taking my gran to the doctors, i come in.. see the radar... and I pat myself on the head :rofl:

INCCOOOMING SNOW FOR NOTTINGHAM!

*plugs razor in and turns it on* IM COMING FOR YA BS!!! :D

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

That's what has happened near enough everytime! Like the big dumping Sheffield, Mansfield and Birmingham got - but all we got was a light shower as it clipped us... Keeping a close eye on this one! If we all concentrate maybe we can will it here...

will the snow it hit stoke this time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Looks like Nottingham is going to get a direct hit from these showers - they seem to be really beefing up now. Hope they stay intact for me too here in sunny Polesworth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

yeah seems strange, but the met office update I think a bit of an upgrade for W midlands, updated at 3.30pm, snow on sun-mon may make travelling difficult

really cant understand why the advisories have been lifted, bbc and gfs still say snow

I see you just made an ice day, -10.4C your min i see, mine was -9.3C

BBC say no snow here Mark, showed the vast majority south of Birmingham. But I agree, why say that "travelling may be difficult" and remove the warnings?! Bizarre.

Yup, just about. Waited years for a -10c and 2 come at once.