Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

NAE model going for widespread snowfall during Sunday night into Monday. I think at this stage I can safely say this will be nowhere near as good as Tuesday in terms of snowfall. At the moment I would say moderate-heavy snowfall will affect the Midlands around the early hours of Monday, moreso southern and eastern counties, and in these regions 2-5cm is possible. Further north and west into the west Midlands, I think it's best not to discuss potential snowfalls, but just be glad that snowfall looks likely during this period.

Overall, I'm not too fussed. These past few days have been great! Watching some heavy or very heavy snowfall at times during Tuesday morning and in the evening, and getting to see a minimum temp of -10C recorded in two consecutive nights. Definitely one of the coldest winters here in many years. And still, we have considerable snowcover everywhere and looks to stay there for a few more days yet, before "milder" (not mild) conditions set in.

Let's hope we can get more significant snowfall during this Winter!

A lot of people are saying that *when* the breakdown comes (be it next week or the week after) that's pretty much it for this winter... there's a whole stream of SWerlies coming in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Bear in mind Rushden is only 10 miles south of Kettering. We have an inch on the grass, perhaps half an inch on the pavements. Had plenty of 'periods' of snow over the past week, shame its been so light. Alright, we had about 5 inches before Christmas, but the heaviest snow I've seen was in a 15 minute spell when I got in from work last night about 6pm from a rogue shower!

But you do my friend have a tendancy to over exaggerate the snow depths :drinks: Not saying you have this time but in the past it's been known :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Bear in mind Rushden is only 10 miles south of Kettering. We have an inch on the grass, perhaps half an inch on the pavements. Had plenty of 'periods' of snow over the past week, shame its been so light. Alright, we had about 5 inches before Christmas, but the heaviest snow I've seen was in a 15 minute spell when I got in from work last night about 6pm from a rogue shower!

Oh yes- I'm well aware of Rushden's poor snow totals nonono.gif That is really bad! You guys are deffo in the Snow Challenged Club!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Do you know if the roads in Kimberley have been gritted? Being avoiding there and going through Moorgreen since Tues...

Dunno i haven't been through Kim'by recently, i live near IKEA and the main roads around there are fine. Your brave going through Moorgreen with those 'hairpins' by the resevoir :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

rofl.gif

It's coming down rather nicely here... looks like both of us could see a few more cm's before the days out. How much do you already have?

what US?? You mean the entire forum hasnt heard about Nottingham's pathetic snow totals so far this winter from my INCESSANT whining and lamenting about our lack of snow???!!!!! rofl.gif

NOTTINGHAM OFFICIALLY HAS HAD 1.5" OF SNOW SO FAR THIS YEAR.

AND STILL THE SNOW HASNT COME YET? Are you hogging it all again?? acute.gif

blum.gif

Posted

Cool pics!! you should send them in the BBC! My avatar pic is one I took of the last storm we had in 2005 and the last lightning bolt too, and I sent it to the BBC and they put it up in their weather website for a week! My only claim to fame rolleyes.gif

East mids news will prbably show it on telly though! Class shots! rofl.gif

still waiting for the snow to arrive.........

Cheers! They're not quite good enough for the BBC, but I've got the camera ready in case we get some snow.

This cloud that's just rolled in really impressive, just a solid sheet of grey. They've had about 2 inches of this in North Lincolnshire, lets hope for some of that! :shok:

Seems like the site just crashed again! Everyone looking at your profile, C_S! :shok:

Posted

as the server crashes.... wub.gif

Posted

Dunno i haven't been through Kim'by recently, i live near IKEA and the main roads around there are fine. Your brave going through Moorgreen with those 'hairpins' by the resevoir :shok:

Haha yeah, the climb up the hill just after that is "interesting" too :shok:

I use some backroads too near Giltbrook, and come out near the Ram Inn.

Posted

Cheers! They're not quite good enough for the BBC, but I've got the camera ready in case we get some snow.

This cloud that's just rolled in really impressive, just a solid sheet of grey. They've had about 2 inches of this in North Lincolnshire, lets hope for some of that! drinks.gif

Seems like the site just crashed again! Everyone looking at your profile, C_S! laugh.gif

LOL!!!! I just wrote that! clap.gif

Posted

This band is sliding further and further inland... meaning I'm most likely gunna miss most of it, it would seem. Disappointing as with the current intensity it could of produced several inches here. Just over 6cm's level cover here now, but will probably stop falling within the next 20 minutes.

Posted

don't tell me we are going to miss this because we are too far west for godsake!

sky looks amazing though cool.gif

post-8050-12629686195142_thumb.png

Posted

So? Notts? Snow?

Im getting impatient here

None here and I'm about 6 miles west of Nottingham... it's sliding too far east which is probably good for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

don't tell me we are going to miss this because we are too far west for godsake!

No you wont miss it because it's slowly moving inland too, if anything Notts is in the perfect spot.

Posted

It's going to go between us and we'll both get none :shok:

Posted

So? Notts? Snow?

Im getting impatient here

Not yet! If you can believe it! hahahaha!!! it looks like the sky should take a huge dump any second now.... C'mon snow!!!!!!! HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (veers south and misses me by 1/8th mile)

Posted

With its current track you're looking like a direct hit, definately a NE'ly strong component driving it further inland.

Posted

With its current track you're looking like a direct hit, definately a NE'ly strong component driving it further inland, and up and over Derby.

I thought i'd correct your post :)

Posted

With its current track you're looking like a direct hit, definately a NE'ly strong component driving it further inland.

ah yes you're right, it does look like its coming a bit inland... Clouds are racing in fast!!!! Just sittin' here waiting now!!! whistling.gif