Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hey guys,

I see some ppn showing on the GFS for tomorrow night going in to sunday morning over South England. Is this meant to be the snow event that I've heard for Sunday. I've heard some reference to sleet/wet snow....! I also thought it was going to be Sunday night?

So at the moment what is the story with regards to this. I understand it's a low in France coming up to us, looking at it, tomorrow night in to Sunday. Like the Tuesday night snow, albeit less intense?

I can't really read the models that well yet......

Thanks to anyone who does reply!

Posted

No one seems to be able to answer me or is it because you are all to excited about the snow lol,am i going to see much snow tonight or this weekend? Cars are slipping up and down my road and most importantly it is not SNOWING and i want snow lol girl_devil.gif

oh calm down! I am just as frustrated as you are, if not moreso look how close I am to that streamer!

hiradarzoomv42-3.png

When the streamer does eventually move further westwards tonight as the winds take a more NEerly approach rather than the current NNEerly, then you will have a better chance. Basically when I get snow, you will further downstream :drinks:

Posted

Whys that- Im actually sick of the radar now- missed every poxy streamer here in the SE-- As highlighted already many times NE wind is good for East Suffolk SE essex & central/ east Kent-

IMHO I would have kept the thread for the SE- everyone knows where the places are-- You will never please everyone- but that thread pleased the consensus-

waiting for a wind changed or something exciting to come down the pipe- maybe the norfolk stremer- probably miss to my west-

If not I guess its tomorrow-

That said I think the next 6 days will be very exciting here especially if the UKMO varifies...

S :drinks:

Hi Steve, i know what you mean it keeps missing our area.:drinks:

Thanks for all your great well informed posts.

Edited by Snowblower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

No one seems to be able to answer me or is it because you are all to excited about the snow lol,am i going to see much snow tonight or this weekend? Cars are slipping up and down my road and most importantly it is not SNOWING and i want snow lol girl_devil.gif

No one can be sure mate. Just watch the radar and see where the showers are moving, and keep up to date what people are saying about the models and tv forecasts. You look too far west for the Kent streamer at the moment. Tomorrow, according tolatest forecasts on tv, also put you a bit too far west. But this could change. Im sure you'll at least see a few showers.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

As the wind swings slightly more ENE after midnight, the direction of the streamer should change slightly, bringing an increased risk of snow showers to this area. Our main snow event in this area however, is (supposedly) late tomorrow and into Sunday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Snow to the left of me snow to the right, stuck in the middle with nought :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

maidstone weather - you are frustrated - i am even closer to the streamer i think? although - not looked out window in a while *walks off to check*

Posted

you should have or just had a very light snow shower, may get more tonight if winds shift. tomorrow evening you might start to see more going through to monday night. could see up to 15cm in that period

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Downgrade for London? Barely two hours ago it was all sorted??

We can only hope this will mean another upgrade - everyone seems so unsure

Posted

I like the way you say KENT we in north west Kent I.E Gravesend Greenhithe, Northfleet, etc have seen very little a couple of cm's max IMBY. :cold:

Similar here in SE Kent, the streamer is within touching distance to my West...a few flakes here today adding nothing to the two inches left over from Weds evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Downgrade for London? Barely two hours ago it was all sorted??

According to Rob McElwee. Although i wouldnt pay much attention to it. Just watch the radar tomorrow night. Tuesday night affected a lot more people than they forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Similar here in SE Kent, the streamer is within touching distance to my West...a few flakes here today adding nothing to the two inches left over from Weds evening

I am n EXACTLY same position

although in my untrained eye - i reckon in an hours time it may swing into us a bit...

Edited by sarah7meme

Posted

here here, also surrey sounds nicer too. :cold:

Yep, you'd never say Croydon or Sutton, London would you?

Posted

oh calm down! I am just as frustrated as you are, if not moreso look how close I am to that streamer!

hiradarzoomv42-3.png

When the streamer does eventually move further westwards tonight as the winds take a more NEerly approach rather than the current NNEerly, then you will have a better chance. Basically when I get snow, you will further downstream good.gif

Ok thanks mate,just let me know when you have the snow then loldrinks.gif

I can see more East to West movement further out in the North Sea Steve ??

Seems the line is forming further up and could impact our areas more later tonight early hours - Or wishful thinking

Paul S

Well hopefully the onshore flow does improve 00z-03z- Its not very often im sitting here with -12c upper air & surface temps of -4c

Im optimistic of tomorrow night-

Steve

Posted

I am n EXACTLY same position

although in my untrained eye - i reckon in an hours time it may swing into us a bit...

It drives you crazy doesn't it?!

Posted

Right on the far edge of Surrey and just had a light flurry.

Fingers crossed for the weekend, never scene as much snow as I've got, never scene it snow heavily again on snow that hasn't melted

Posted

On the BBC website they have said that from Essex to Brighton you could get 7 inches of snow from Sunday into Monday. They also said that these two areas were in South London so they don't know which thread to put these in either.

Looking at the predicted flow I think they are about right If you draw a line from Romford maybe a bit further up down to Brighton and the expand outside by about 50 miles. Anywhere outside of this will get 2-7 cm but this is just my guess work plus a little bit of help from Ows.Sembach.