Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I was on the plane coming into bristol this morning and I was shocked to see england and wales white coast to coast! drinks.gif

Some children on plane with their parents said "mum why are we back on holiday?" rofl.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Welcome back to the Arctic

Posted

just rang my partner in essex and she sed its snowing quite heavy there and its comin straight up the m4 corridor which means bristol be prepared yessssss:drinks:

Certainly looks like it is heading this way - albeit slowly. And intensifying a bit at the moment. Hope there's some left when (if) it arrives. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Well, light and occassionally moderate-ish shower here in Stroud for 15 mins, was starting to settle on the clear road outside. 10 hours of even that would prove very interesting!

Posted

Certainly looks like it is heading this way - albeit slowly. And intensifying a bit at the moment. Hope there's some left when (if) it arrives. drinks.gif

yes its kinda movin west/southwest at the moment but im sure it will grow has the day goes on and cover us all by tonight and im talking about the ppn okies lol:diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think they might have under played intensity of this snow as it moves west we can only hope. dry.gif

Posted

I wonder if our man in Jersey is getting another pasting? There's been an incredible 24 hour streamer over those islands and it still continues.

Edited by kumquat

Posted

dont matter to me bristol is gonna get slammed sunday monday tuesday and wednesday so happy days are here again:drinks:

Wow

Heavy snow expected tonight and tomorrow we can expect a repeat of tuesday night/wed morning event.Could get as much as 20-40cm with drifting from the strong easterly wind

Bring it on

YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS more plz its all comin and our hands are out to except these wonderful gifts from the lord diablo.gif

Is this correct. Ive been out for two hours...

Where did the heavy snow for tomorrow until wednesday come from?????

Think your wrong.

Posted

Snowing in Winterbourne (out of the blue, literally)

Same here now big flakes aswel.

Blue sky with very fast passing clouds must be the strong wind. Still snowing getting heavier.

Posted

Wow

Heavy snow expected tonight and tomorrow we can expect a repeat of tuesday night/wed morning event.Could get as much as 20-40cm with drifting from the strong easterly wind

Bring it on

Can anyone help me with the above? Where did this come from? Has GFS done a massive turn around in PPN????

Posted

Can anyone help me with the above? Where did this come from? Has GFS done a massive turn around in PPN????

I dont know but i can not see us having that much maybe tuesday and wednesday next week looks intresting.

Posted

Morning all! :doh: All's calm over here, mix of blue sky and a few scattered clouds.. Looking like we could get some later on today as its moving south west, i can only hope and pray! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

and if this is right...where just in bristol or all over the southwest, god this is getting confusing, someone told me we have rain coming on mon tues and wed grrr lolo so confused, may change my name to confusedabouttheweather..lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well, that was a fun trip to town... not. Still, least most of the idiots coming on to the Moors went the other way and didn't block our way down... that said if the guy touched his brakes once on the ice he touched them a thousand times, so not a big suprise he over ran the corner :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sticking to Sky News, for various reasons but the main one being they show snow for the extreme SW tomorrow. (and indeed tonight so 12 hrs of snow)

-4c in the car. Balmy.

welcome back Mullender, how were the ski conditions?

Posted

no they haven't but your never going to stop people ramping... Still no snow for tomorrow and rain for wed if you believe the BBC and local radio st..

I took the night off work tomorrow night as well (DOH) lost money now... so not happy..

kaz

Edited by kaz

Posted

and if this is right...where just in bristol or all over the southwest, god this is getting confusing, someone told me we have rain coming on mon tues and wed grrr lolo so confused, may change my name to confusedabouttheweather..lol

im already confused its snowing under blue skies wacko.gif

Posted

no they haven't but your never going to stop people ramping... Still no snow for tomorrow and rain for wed if you believe the BBC and local radio st..

kaz x

Showing as snow on bbc? for devon and west country.

Posted

Well, that was a fun trip to town... not. Still, least most of the idiots coming on to the Moors went the other way and didn't block our way down... that said if the guy touched his brakes once on the ice he touched them a thousand times, so not a big suprise he over ran the corner rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I'm sticking to Sky News, for various reasons but the main one being they show snow for the extreme SW tomorrow. (and indeed tonight so 12 hrs of snow)

-4c in the car. Balmy.

welcome back Mullender, how were the ski conditions?

Why you sticking with Sky news? What reasons? Is it because they show snow for your area and the BBC dont? rolleyes.gif

Posted

Why you sticking with Sky news? What reasons? Is it because they show snow for your area and the BBC dont? rolleyes.gif

BBC will be right sky news just go with gfs i think.

Posted

ian gone with the met office warning. 2-5 cm. cn't see y people are saying its wrong. seen ians forecast and looks like what was expected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Why?

Because they called Tuesday night correct for here, the BBC didn't.

Because they don't change their forecasts every half an hour, like the BBC do.

Because the BBC is a biased organisation that is supposed to be impartial, where as Sky might also be baised but at least aren't using the licence fee.

Because Sky is a far superior news channel.

BBC said 2C here today, Sky said below freezing.

Edit: This is for the national forecasts, local BBC are much more consistant.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt