Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

hahaha im loving the hate kent mood!

i know we'll be confined to our very own thread soon if we don't stop braging about our snow totals :) sorry, not much here anyway most of it came today

Posted

Tell me about it. Having a good ol' cry coz it's melting. As if we care.

Ho ho. You have a cracking sharp Tongue.loved that post you made about northerners the other day. I am a northerner now living in London and it is so true, that stuff about the inferiority complex. Really notice it now whenever I go back up north. They are obsessed with London!

Posted

And the stream just keeps on coming here, 22.5cm with promise of more if that belt keeps coming :)

Good luck to those further west, I hope you see something by the end of the night :clap:

Posted

It seems to get more confusing! :)

Had a lovely afternoon here with around 3 hours of moderate to very heavy blowing snow, around another 3-4cms i would say.

Just seen Francis Wilson on Sky and his forcast is totally different from the dreary chap that was just on the beeb! Francis is going for 4-5inches across parts of Essex and the SE overnight and the other chap said a few showers or flurries, i mean come on, thats a huge difference :) !!

Whats it to be? Anybody have a clue :) ?

Matt :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

Ho ho. You have a cracking sharp Tongue.loved that post you made about northerners the other day. I am a northerner now living in London and it is so true, that stuff about the inferiority complex. Really notice it now whenever I go back up north. They are obsessed with London!

It's because 90% of them can't afford to live down here. I'd be jealous too!

Posted

It seems to get more confusing! :blush:

Had a lovely afternoon here with around 3 hours of moderate to very heavy blowing snow, around another 3-4cms i would say.

Just seen Francis Wilson on Sky and his forcast is totally different from the dreary chap that was just on the beeb! Francis is going for 4-5inches across parts of Essex and the SE overnight and the other chap said a few showers or flurries, i mean come on, thats a huge difference :lol: !!

Whats it to be? Anybody have a clue :lol: ?

Matt :lol:

Did he mention london? I guess not

Posted

Looks like some more, lightish showers heading this way. Temps 0c/-1c at the airport.

regards,

Steve

Cheers Steve/Blackie. Just the right side of marginal atm. Please dewpoint gods shine down on all of us tonight! With a warm front approaching this is going to be a close one. Watch those air temps and dps like hawks!

Posted

Guess where its heading? Towards Kent. WAAHEEYYY. mellow.gif

I am stunned. First time for everything I suppose

Posted

And the stream just keeps on coming here, 22.5cm with promise of more if that belt keeps coming :lol:

Good luck to those further west, I hope you see something by the end of the night :lol:

LOL first post newb!! :lol: :blush:

(ask a mod to see if you can have your post count, we could do it on a car club forum I used to own and run.( VBulletin software I think??/)

Posted

Hi All

I have also poste dthis on the model thread.. (just wondering if anyone here might know ?)

Watching the NW 5min radar today I have noticed precip basically coming from NE/ NEE

However everytime I go to the NW Future Radar it is pushing the precip up from the S

(which obviously is not happening)

Usually i note the future radar sort of follows the 700 vectors but wondering what is the reason

for the future radar been 'out of sorts' today ?

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the models at the moment - I myself see another week

of cold at least, though I was previously looking at a mid Jan break for a few days.. and I have a

feeling that March will be an execptionally disturbed month for us all (wondering what March precip

rates have been following years with significant winter cold spells)

Posted

Good Evening everybody. Due to the pathetic covering snow here in South London I ventured out to Oxted and Westerham to get a taste of real snow. And fabulous it was. We started off with a little sledging in Purley then drove out to Oxted - getting lost in Westerham on the way. Proper snow was falling, gently covering the roads, blowing across fields smoothed with days of snow and ended up trying out all the available ales in a fantastic pub - the Royal Oak in Staffhurst Wood watching it snow from a cosy bar. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. :lol:

Sadly I had to come home, and although it was snowing lightly giving a slight covering to Wednesdays snow, I find, as I excitedly returned to the forum/radar, that it is perhaps all over bar the whining. No Met Office warning update, a bit of light precip, and everyone bemoaning the last of intensity :blush:

Can anyone help me out with a more positive forecast? Where is the easterly? Frist New Year, then Saturday - then sunday - now monday.... :lol:

Stop moaning Wallington was all white this afternoon a good couple of inches there I reckon still laying from the other day when you had snow from morning till night. Wallington is just a bit too far down the hill to get a lot more we have double that up near Oaks park only a mile from you!

Edited by HighPressure

Posted

Wow :blush: When was Monday Upgraded LOL

Forecast from Mr Corbett

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/util/setpreference/SetPreference.xhtml?type=node&state=vi:V

Click Forecast Video and Play Button

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

0.1 here in belvedere maybe just maybe if it doesnt get any higher getting worried now

Posted

Think that explains it, full on from those NE showers, you seeem to be on a that track that's not so hilly between Faversham and You. Maidstone and here are quite protected (to some extent) from that wind track by Detling and Bluebell Hills!

So what's your "prog" for tonight???

Maidstone has been absolutely hammered since around Noon and at least 5cm/2ins have fallen, probably more but its been blown around. Usually the hills to give us some protection but i think the strength of the wind has blown the showers straight into the river valley that Maidstone sits in and the snow has been unloaded on the poor burgers of the County Town! It appears to have eased off at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

just the right side of marginal now. 0.2c rising. DP -1.0c

Starting to see water dripping off car and guttering...where is the clear air when you need some?

Posted

Erm

Latest Radar Update at 1850 shows the Thames Estuary looks like a 4 year old has just painted it Pink :lol: :lol: :blush:

It has filled Up with Snow PMSL!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

look at raintoday and the estuary is reinvigorating again. Not only that but it is also starting to pivot in an anti clockwise direction very much like lunchtime.

The only sleet patch appears in the NE corner of Kent where SM predicted.

Posted

Hi guys

A couple of pictures for you - really enjoying this winter!

Pictures were taken in Tatsfield, near to where I live in Biggin Hill. We've seen quite a bit more snow this afternoon, luckily have all provisions now. Let's see what tonight holds wink.gif

I'm definatly in the wrong part of the country ... lol, Lovely pix btw rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Stop moaning Wallington was all white this afternoon a good couple of inches there I reckon still laying from the other day when you had snow from morning till night. Wallington is just a bit too far down the hill to get a lot more we have double that up near Oaks park only a mile from you!

I think you exagerate HP, not a couple of inches - maybe 2cm at a push - with a stretchy ruler. I feel I have as much right to moan as anyone else her in my position - am not the only one - and as you can see my post is not all moaning as I have car, can travel...off out again to Kent tomorrow by the looks of it...

Posted

LOL first post newb!! :) :blush:

(ask a mod to see if you can have your post count, we could do it on a car club forum I used to own and run.( VBulletin software I think??/)

:lol: ah I don't mind, I've been meaning to change my username for ages, I PM'ed Paul about a month ago but it must've got lost in the transmission :lol:

Still, it continues to snow :lol:

Posted

still snowing in Brighton,roads are now white again after being gritted and my neighbour moved her car about 2 hours ago and now you cant see the road where she was parkedpardon.gif