Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Um just in case u missed.

Sounds good to me!

Yeah, but the forecast the other day showed the whole of east and south yorkshire and lincolnshire hidden underneath a sea of blues not purely the coastline.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, snow

Um just in case u missed.

Yeah, but the forecast the other day showed the whole of east and south yorkshire and lincolnshire hidden underneath a sea of blues not purely the coastline.

Nah. Only rain for some coastal areas, even there it may be sleet, snow depending on intensity. South Yorkshire is certainly getting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Orographic snow fall.Lewis was right on the money earlier.The Beebs forecast is showing this as early as this evening.Eastern slopes of the pennines and welsh mountains will most certainly be affected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nah. Only rain for some coastal areas, even there it may be sleet, snow depending on intensity. South Yorkshire is certainly getting snow.

Well the one I was looking at showed that; of course it may well changed now. This was 2-3 days ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Posted

The next GFS is absolute crucial to tommorows/mondays snow event.

We need to keep an eye on two things:

1.The precipitation progged to be as heavy as previouse runs

2.The warm sector coming into eastern areas isnt any worse,hopefully better! smile.gif

And bye the way the ECM is a corker!

Posted

Ive just got an email with this pic, so ive decided to post it on here :good:

It was taken this morning.

Very nice mate :) is that a picture of your area?

Posted

Very nice mate :good: is that a picture of your area?

That pic was taken by my sister who lives in Broughton,which is about 7 mile away from scunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

The thing is, according the the NW and raintoday radars, it's has been snowing for at least a hour here, but we've had nothing since mid afternoon!! think there's some false positves bouncing back - off the lying snow maybe?

I'm getting a little confused about tomorrow and mondays event, from what I can gather, this area is going to get something, not too heavy, but very persistant, for quite some hours and all this should be starting around mid afternoon-ish.

is that right, or is it supposed to be showers, or only a possibilty than anything will make it here?

Posted

Cheers mate. I don't like the way the temps are slowly rising :(

Colder 850's over land, and warmer 850's (slightly) out to Sea, add the stength of the wind= modified air = warmer temps :(

Posted

The thing is, according the the NW and raintoday radars, it's has been snowing for at least a hour here, but we've had nothing since mid afternoon!! think there's some false positves bouncing back - off the lying snow maybe?

I'm getting a little confused about tomorrow and mondays event, from what I can gather, this area is going to get something, not too heavy, but very persistant, for quite some hours and all this should be starting around mid afternoon-ish.

is that right, or is it supposed to be showers, or only a possibilty than anything will make it here?

The precipitation on the radar is very light. It probably isnt reaching the ground but is being picked up on the radar thousands of feet up in the air :good:

Posted

The showers on raintoday seem to be dying out, although they have been showing over us for sometime and I've not really seen anything, is this the end of the snow for tonight? When can I expect anything else?

Posted

The showers on raintoday seem to be dying out, although they have been showing over us for sometime and I've not really seen anything, is this the end of the snow for tonight? When can I expect anything else?

You can forget about snow untill tomorrow now. Look on the radar, a bit of precipitation is now showing up in the north sea (about 150 miles east of hull), this is where we need to watch now.) :)

Posted

If there is a night to get an early sleep then tonight is it as I can see a few people being glued to the radar tomorrow evening.

Posted

The showers have definitely died out now and the temperatures are rising - we have +1C currently.shok.gif

Posted

If there is a night to get an early sleep then tonight is it as I can see a few people being glued to the radar tomorrow evening.

it will hit during the day here :hi:

2-3pm, possibly 12pm.

Lewis

Posted

it will hit during the day here B)

2-3pm, possibly 12pm.

Lewis

Do you think GFS is over cooking the temps & DP's a bit? Having looked at the 12hr NAE Model and they are a degree or two lower than the GFS, which obviously makes all the difference as to whether it rains/sleets/snows etc, looking at the latest 18hr GFS run it still has much higher temps and DP's along the coast though this has reduced slightly from the 12hr run.

On a brighter note the GFS is going for 9-12hrs of precipitation so if it does fall as snow somewhere is in for a decent amount.

Archived