Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

Please carry on here and I really hope the wind swings Easterly so you guys can get a share of this Cold Spell!

Paul S

Posted

I really hope the wind swings Easterly so you guys can get a share of this Cold Spell!

Paul S

Posted

Please carry on here and I really hope the wind swings Easterly so you guys can get a share of this Cold Spell!

Paul S

I dont think we will here, no orange/red warnings on Met Centre site. If we were I would have thought they would have picked up on it!

Posted

Saint - Done :(

I will repost my post from earlier:

The band from the Low countries is now taking a more Easterly track. You may think it doesnt look big but it is much bigger than the 2 bands that affected EA on the 17th of December. Yes it has somewhat weakened, but as it comes over the North Sea convection because of a strengthing Easterly wind will pep it up and continue to feed more moisture into the system as it reaches EA later tonight. It is likely to be light but persistant, and even light snow over a period of time can bring good falls....

Posted

I dont think we will here, no orange/red warnings on Met Centre site. If we were I would have thought they would have picked up on it!

There are still too many variables for them to get it right everywhere. Look at the attached shot of the European Radar. That clump between 52 and 54 North and from about 2.5 E through to the Dutch Coast has our name on it. With wind in the North sea up at 25-27 knots and blowing from ENE (60 Degrees) with info from here, we'll get some, and whatever we get will drift

DOH: Forgot the attachment. Try this

post-9318-12630731513942_thumb.png

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Temp is worryingly warm here at 1.5c . . has not dropped down at all after sunset

Janet

Met office forecast us drizzle and sleet for times tonight n tomorrow..........

Posted

Temp is worryingly warm here at 1.5c . . has not dropped down at all after sunset

Janet

Don't worry, temp here is +1.9, but dewpoint is -1.7. What will fall from the sky will be snow, and it will drift and stick (or is that stick and drift?0

Posted

Don't worry, temp here is +1.9, but dewpoint is -1.7. What will fall from the sky will be snow, and it will drift and stick (or is that stick and drift?0

my weather station has the dew point at -3.2

Posted

Oh good . . . was actually hoping for a bit of snow lol

even with half a cloud cover I had hoped it would be colder than this but im not sure anymore than what falls will be snow.

Could be good in some ways as we may be able to walk around in a few days without falling over but feels a little bitter sweet to be honest

Janet

x

Posted

Janet

Hi - have just joined having found the forum. Went out earlier and temp according to car was 3o!!! I too am on Cambs/Norfolk/Lincs border - no-one ever seems to mention the Wash!! Still, probably because it's a bit of a no man's land! So what's expected for us - do you know. I look at the radar and it says we have ppn over us but nothing - then we get a rogue shower. Are you, or any other poster, any the wiser???? Thanking you in advance :)

Posted

Saint - Done :)

I will repost my post from earlier:

The band from the Low countries is now taking a more Easterly track. You may think it doesnt look big but it is much bigger than the 2 bands that affected EA on the 17th of December. Yes it has somewhat weakened, but as it comes over the North Sea convection because of a strengthing Easterly wind will pep it up and continue to feed more moisture into the system as it reaches EA later tonight. It is likely to be light but persistant, and even light snow over a period of time can bring good falls....

Snowman. That will align with the rest of the front. NE to SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I have no weather station here; where I live it's pointless, but I can guarantee that the temperature has risen a couple of degrees in the last four hours - snow is now very claggy underfoot and has compacted a lot. While it is still flurrying, it is definitely becoming marginal.

Any thoughts? I don't wish to read through lots of previous threads for an answer, but would appreciate a repost etc. Cheers.

Posted

Hi - have just joined having found the forum. Went out earlier and temp according to car was 3o!!! I too am on Cambs/Norfolk/Lincs border - no-one ever seems to mention the Wash!! Still, probably because it's a bit of a no man's land! So what's expected for us - do you know. I look at the radar and it says we have ppn over us but nothing - then we get a rogue shower. Are you, or any other poster, any the wiser???? Thanking you in advance :)

Welcome :)

Best thing to do is radar watch and cross your fingers :)

Posted

Met office forecast us drizzle and sleet for times tonight n tomorrow..........

My kids are losing the will to live.....

No snow AGAIN in the least snow covered county in the UK called Northamptonshire

We missed all today's showers from an Wash set up.

Posted

Hi - have just joined having found the forum. Went out earlier and temp according to car was 3o!!! I too am on Cambs/Norfolk/Lincs border - no-one ever seems to mention the Wash!! Still, probably because it's a bit of a no man's land! So what's expected for us - do you know. I look at the radar and it says we have ppn over us but nothing - then we get a rogue shower. Are you, or any other poster, any the wiser???? Thanking you in advance :hi:

I think its very much a case of wait and see at the moment. I dont think we are going to get as much ppn as expected but I could be wrong. Temps feel a little warm for snow but dew points still at -1.7c so there is a chance I guess. Part of me wants it all to end so life can go back to normal but the other part of me is enjoying the drama that snow always bring. Should be an interesting couple of days.

Janet x

Posted

my weather station has the dew point at -3.2

2.4C here at the coast but dew point is still -4C

I'm not worrying too much as soon as that snow arrives it'll chill things down again it's a case of wait and see

Posted

My kids are losing the will to live.....

No snow AGAIN in the least snow covered county in the UK called Northamptonshire

We missed all today's showers from an Wash set up.

I feel your pain, I have had 2cms max out of this cold snap so far. Have just been ridiculously unlucky.............. :lol:

Still my post count is going up :hi:

Edited by Slinky

Posted

I have no weather station here; where I live it's pointless, but I can guarantee that the temperature has risen a couple of degrees in the last four hours - snow is now very claggy underfoot and has compacted a lot. While it is still flurrying, it is definitely becoming marginal.

Any thoughts? I don't wish to read through lots of previous threads for an answer, but would appreciate a repost etc. Cheers.

Not a repost.

My take (not an expert, but I have opinions :hi: ) is that most that falls out of the sky will be snow, from Kent to Norfolk and all points between. I would be surprised if temperatures varied by more than a degree throughout tomorrow.

Will be snow, will be blowing, will be drifting. By Tuesday may have a gentle thaw, not sure what will happen after that, will be cold, perhaps not as cold as last few days, but certainly not mild.

Posted

There are still too many variables for them to get it right everywhere. Look at the attached shot of the European Radar. That clump between 52 and 54 North and from about 2.5 E through to the Dutch Coast has our name on it. With wind in the North sea up at 25-27 knots and blowing from ENE (60 Degrees) with info from here, we'll get some, and whatever we get will drift

DOH: Forgot the attachment. Try this

post-9318-12630731513942_thumb.png

I think this will only hit us if the showers beef up a bit or they will just fizzle out before they get here. Even if they do get here i think it is still likely to miss Norwich. Any way we will see in a few hours, I will keep my fingers crossed.

BTW it has been snowing very lightly in norwich for quite a while, maybe an hour or so. Before that we had what i can only describe as ice rain/snow

Edited by Let_it_snow