Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

Have everything crossed but just doesn't seem to happen for us! B)

That is true but banging your head will not make you feel any better. There is something on the way try crossing your fingers lol

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Not a repost.

My take (not an expert, but I have opinions whistling.gif ) is that most that falls out of the sky will be snow, from Kent to Norfolk and all points between. I would be surprised if temperatures varied by more than a degree throughout tomorrow.

Will be snow, will be blowing, will be drifting. By Tuesday may have a gentle thaw, not sure what will happen after that, will be cold, perhaps not as cold as last few days, but certainly not mild.

Thanks

Posted

Ok so about 5 hours ago now I got bored of watching the radar and decided to go play in the garden with the snow I already had laying. The result...... The SNOWBOT.

More interesting pics here http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/60181-the-snowbot/page__pid__1731194__st__0entry1731194

post-5887-12630742930642_thumb.jpg

Posted

Ok so about 5 hours ago now I got bored of watching the radar and decided to go play in the garden with the snow I already had laying. The result...... The SNOWBOT.

More interesting pics here http://forum.netweat...0entry1731194

Im impressed you must have been very cold after finishing that but soooo worth it im sure

Janet

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

More interesting pics here http://forum.netweat...0entry1731194

quality!!acute.gifclap.gif

Posted

I feel your pain, I have had 2cms max out of this cold snap so far. Have just been ridiculously unlucky.............. rolleyes.gif

Still my post count is going up laugh.gif

Well its a bad day if Northants misses out on a streamer from the wash.

But we DID.

Posted

looking at the rain fall chart on the meto site ,what a joke ,all the areas they had coverd have now gone and just the south east ,well i think this is the preverbial "crock of poo" im off to bed ,tomorrow i will go back to my photography and stuff the weather predictions :D

i still think Lara is sweet tho lol

Edited by simon65

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'll not post anymore on here. Goodbye.

To be honest mate, I'd just ignore the comment. The chances of him saying that to a stranger's face would be somewhere near zero. Most people here would also agree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

oh o...temp has now reach 1.8c the highest iv recorded in 9 days at 22.00 at this time of night... not looking good one bit ..bloody north sea is to dam warm ahhhhhhhh

Edited by slater

Posted

I have a feeling this low won't make it too far inland - it'll fizzle out after hitting the Norfolk coast - hence no orange warnings for Cambs. I hope I'm wrong and wake up to snow, but this whole cold snap has been day after day of watching showers disappear as the head inland. I can't see this being any different. If you go to the Meteox site there's band of showers moving across the North Sea ahead of the main low. This just splits up and fizzles out over the North Sea. It doesn't pep up. The main low, I'm sure, will do the same

Edited by icy toes

Posted

To be honest mate, I'd just ignore the comment. The chances of him saying that to a stranger's face would be somewhere near zero. Most people here would also agree.

I was just suprised to see that sort of comment on a weather forum.

Posted

I have a feeling this low won't make it too far inland - it'll fizzle out after hitting the Norfolk coast - hence no orange warnings for Cambs. I hope I'm wrong and wake up to snow, but this whole cold snap has been day after day of watching showers disappear as the head inland. I can't see this being any different.

i feel very very disapointed at the last few days

Posted

The point I was trying to make was that earlier the news just said Kent and Sussex. Now they have updated it to include Essex. No need to swear is there??

Swearing was not necessary. I believe comment was more likely made out of frustration due to certain unnamed places getting a lot more snow. We are all adults and I am sure can just move on as per normal cant we?

Janet

Posted

2.4C here at the coast but dew point is still -4C

I'm not worrying too much as soon as that snow arrives it'll chill things down again it's a case of wait and see

Just Starting to snow here some big flakes

Still at 1.9C here, -1.5 dewpoint

Posted

Oooh - can tell I'm a newbie - that last post came up a few times - sorry!! Not sure if it's my computer (playing up big time tonight) or me - apologies all. Janet - keep banging my head on the window frame as I lamp-post watch :). Well whatever you get, I get I guess as I am PE14 too - we either celebrate or commiserate together!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I have a feeling this low won't make it too far inland - it'll fizzle out after hitting the Norfolk coast - hence no orange warnings for Cambs. I hope I'm wrong and wake up to snow, but this whole cold snap has been day after day of watching showers disappear as the head inland. I can't see this being any different. If you go to the Meteox site there's band of showers moving across the North Sea ahead of the main low. This just splits up and fizzles out over the North Sea. It doesn't pep up. The main low, I'm sure, will do the same

i agree

Posted

oh o...temp has now reach 1.8c the highest iv recorded in 9 days at 22.00 at this time of night... not looking good one bit ..bloody north sea is to dam warm ahhhhhhhh

I've been reporting temps of +2C for the last couple of hours. Very disappointing but not unexpected - the models have been forecasting this even if the MetO haven't!

Posted

Swearing was not necessary. I believe comment was more likely made out of frustration due to certain unnamed places getting a lot more snow. We are all adults and I am sure can just move on as per normal cant we?

Janet

Yes.