Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

Looks bleak. Nothing coming our way at the moment. Will check again in a hour but not hoping for anything at the mo, but I will keep faith with some of the posts on here forecasting snow tonight.

Posted

Oooh - can tell I'm a newbie - that last post came up a few times - sorry!! Not sure if it's my computer (playing up big time tonight) or me - apologies all. Janet - keep banging my head on the window frame as I lamp-post watch :). Well whatever you get, I get I guess as I am PE14 too - we either celebrate or commiserate together!

Its not being new that made you do that its all that head banging!! Im in outwell so right on the edge of PE14

Janet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I've been reporting temps of +2C for the last couple of hours. Very disappointing but not unexpected - the models have been forecasting this even if the MetO haven't!

they also say ment to get down to -3 tonight???? HOW???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

The point I was trying to make was that earlier the news just said Kent and Sussex. Now they have updated it to include Essex.

Perfectly valid point; shows the risk extending northwards. Always good to see the bigger picture.

Just been looking on the SE thread and it seems like the consensus over there is that the media are over hyping tomorrows snow potential. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted

I've been reporting temps of +2C for the last couple of hours. Very disappointing but not unexpected - the models have been forecasting this even if the MetO haven't!

Which location are you at Steve? North Norfolk is definitely around 2C

Perfectly valid point; shows the risk extending northwards. Always good to see the bigger picture.

Just been looking on the SE thread and it seems like the consensus over there is that the media are over hyping tomorrows snow potential. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

For once, I don't think the MetO are overhyping it, they are only predicting 10-15cm, what hasn't been taken into account is the wind, that's where the problems start, drifting of 15cm can produce drifts up to 1.5M (metres) or more

Posted

Can anyone explain why it has been snowing here for an hour but there is nothing on the radar.....not complaining btw!

No explanation im afraid but feel free to blow it this way!!

Janet

Posted

Can anyone explain why it has been snowing here for an hour but there is nothing on the radar.....not complaining btw!

It shows how local it can be. We're only 27 miles from you and we haven't had anything for hours.

Posted

Wish I could, according to the radar, it's 30 miles offshore, but I can confirm it IS Snowing

Posted

I'm in Walpole -so opposite ends of PE14 - in that case you could get a foot of snow and me nothing or vice versa!!! Strange the way it goes....I have been trying to read the models for the past month or so, reading educational threads etc and I am still none the wiser :cray:

On the other hand, experience tells me:

1. We will get a dusting, occassionally, no warning.
  2. If we are predicted snow (particularly by the BBC) - we won't get any.
  3. Our roads won't be gritted - whatever the weather, and our bins won't be collected - whatever the weather
  4. However much snow I get it won't be enough!!!!!!

x x x:p

Posted

Hi - I'm just outside Holt so not that far from you. Are you still reporting snow?

So I assume your location is Edgefield then?

Yep, it's light, but I'm sure it's fresh as the flakes are too large for just windblown stuff

Posted

snowing kind of in leighton buzzard ,probably get more during the night ,after a day of disapointment i am this time off to bed :cray:

Current data for Linslade

09 January 2010 22:18:22

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.0

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today -1.7

Wind chill -2.5

Humidex -2.8

Dew Point -2.7

Rel Humidity 82%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 13.6 N

Average Speed 4.5 NNW

Pressure (mb):

Current 1021.5

Trend (per hour) -0.5

Posted

My kids are losing the will to live.....

No snow AGAIN in the least snow covered county in the UK called Northamptonshire

We missed all today's showers from an Wash set up.

Take them to MK tomorrow for sledging, still loads of snow lying from monday night, powder, hasn't thawed at all

Posted

Must admit im leaning towards the pessimists side too....such a different atmosphere on here tonight from last night.. as I said earlier if this misses us yet again then I will seriously reconsider moving to Scotland!! Lol I dont understand enough about the charts and runs to validate what Im saying, but you just know that us here in "No mans land" will still be so tomorrow.

Hows the Kent guys n gals doing I wonder? If they are in for another pasting Im sure it has gone past being all drinks.gifyahoo.gifgood.gif by now...

We sit, wait and lampost watch.....xxx :cc_confused:

Posted

So I assume your location is Edgefield then?

Yep, it's light, but I'm sure it's fresh as the flakes are too large for just windblown stuff

Edgefield - well spotted! Not looking that hopeful tonight - apart from a few flurries. Strange how these aren't showing up on the radar. Keep watching that approaching ppn blob shrink with every update! Oh well, can't complain really - the snow today has been pretty good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Indeed, it's been snowing in Norwich for the last hour despite nothing on the radar- very unusual! It hasn't really been settling though- temperatures too high and snow too light. If it gets heavier and temps stay the same it should settle.

Posted

No, my comment stands, what the hell have kent and sussex got to do with our part of the world.

Oh, i'm waiting for the blast from the south west ......no work no pay for me, and next week i'm spending 2 nights in a cold cab stuck in North yorkshire.

Have some respect for us...IF i dont make it, the supermarkets dont fill their shelves and you dont eat or drink.

Cricket?? lol laugh.gif

Empathise with you being on the roads, my Dad drives for Sainsburys and driving a 40ft in this weather is not great xx

Posted

Hi - have just joined having found the forum. Went out earlier and temp according to car was 3o!!! I too am on Cambs/Norfolk/Lincs border - no-one ever seems to mention the Wash!! Still, probably because it's a bit of a no man's land! So what's expected for us - do you know. I look at the radar and it says we have ppn over us but nothing - then we get a rogue shower. Are you, or any other poster, any the wiser???? Thanking you in advance hi.gif

The Wash gets many a mention, you live where much of our snow showers and streamers generate.

Happy posting

Posted

Oh well, the cold spell brought us nothing and seems like the warmer spell won't either

So much promise and no result, comparable to a great night out with a really hot lady that all ends with a peck on the cheek

Posted

To make a change from the bickering on here, I have a question, What is the reason behind the mild temps (compared to those forecast)? Is it just cloud cover or something front wise travelling in from the east?

Edited by ickledoozer