Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Over on the SE thread the word is to expect very little snow tonight / tomorrow as most of it is forecast to head to the Midlands / NE England.

Time will tell I suppose! Media forecasts still going for a much wider event at the moment.

Posted

Well time for bed I think. Cannot see anything happening tonight. Here's to hoping. :whistling:

Goodnight and fingers crossed we will see something happen overnight

Janet x

Over on the SE thread the word is to expect very little snow tonight / tomorrow as most of it is forecast to head to the Midlands / NE England.

Time will tell I suppose! Media forecasts still going for a much wider event at the moment.

Hopefully they are wrong but with temps rising things dont look great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

1.8c now . . if it carried on like this all night it will be 10c by morning!!

Yes i know im a dramaqueen just just prefer if temps were -1.8c when we have ppn supposed to be heading this way overnight!

Janet

Hey Janet temps can drop as quick as they go up!!

just do what i do on a night like this..........couple glases of red go to bed and hope for a suprize in the morn!!! rolleyes.gif

meltz

Posted

Well I wont be LN thats for sure! My Dad always say that, bloody skateboards (aka cars) moan about us lorries but they'd soon moan if there was no milk and bread in the shops! lol

take care on the road x

EDIT: Typos!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Good ole dad

Posted

Been to Cambridge and back, did someone leave their oven door open as temperature went from 0 to 1c when we left, to the giddy heights of 5c according to the car! Back home its around 2c, still warmer than its been for a week. We also have a sleet shower.

Posted

This radar is highlighting the snow anomolies some have experienced that are not showing in the radars, some of these showers are developing inland, so you won't see them coming.

I think this is the result of convection, can any of the more experienced comment please?

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CREG=est&CONT=ukuk&BIG=0&ZEIT=201001092130&LOOP=1&LTYP=std&ROAD=0&CITY=&L=0&SLP=0&W=0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

1. snapback.pngslb97, on 09 January 2010 - 22:43 , said:
    I absolutely love the optimism - keep it up!!! It's much better than getting too downbeat. When things go milder/summer comes we can get excited about thunderstorms! I can't decide which I like most, snow or thunder - both on a par with each other I think!!
    me too with the optimism. Trying to predict where snow will fall is quite like predicting thunderstorms in the summer... very subjective - and lets face it a learning experience every hour on here.
    I guess that's why we're all here... enjoying the un predictability :whistling:
    Mines a pint half full of guiness everytime - topped with 2 cm of the white stuff..
    Sunday monday

2. In Topic: South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:
    Posted 9 Jan 2010
    no quotes, no one liner's...
    this set up seems very different... I take back most I mentioned earlier..
    The Atlantic (west) is trying to move in.. the Siberian east is fighting plus there's a southerly push too..
    Cold sits at the bottom of a fridge (yes!) so the warm moves over ... snow falling throughout - watch the wind and trends.
    It's anyone's guess for the next few days but my feelings are that the forecasters are having a nightmare.
    enjoy !

Posted

Hey Janet temps can drop as quick as they go up!!

just do what i do on a night like this..........couple glases of red go to bed and hope for a suprize in the morn!!! rolleyes.gif

meltz

A couple of glasses of red wine and I wont be getting back out of bed for at least a week!! lol

Yes I know they can drop as quick as they rise but mine have been rising all day . . was colder at 2pm than it is now!

Janet x

Posted

Updated forecast from Rob McElwee on BBC website still sticking with widespread light snow across our region tomorrow, with the risk transferring to the North of England later in the day. No talk of sleet or the snow missing us altogether.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out; so much uncertainty at such close range!

Posted

Updated forecast from Rob McElwee on BBC website still sticking with widespread light snow across our region tomorrow, with the risk transferring to the North of England later in the day. No talk of sleet or the snow missing us altogether.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out; so much uncertainty at such close range!

very much a matter of wait and see . . . and that is exactly what we will do

Posted

only thing happening in norwich is a thaw. the 2in on my wall a couple of hrs ago is now only 1in. cray.gif

Yep. The snow on my wall outside my window is less than it was when I got home from the football. But I did see flakes falling from the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

E I E I E I O.............:)

Posted

A couple of glasses of red wine and I wont be getting back out of bed for at least a week!! lol

Yes I know they can drop as quick as they rise but mine have been rising all day . . was colder at 2pm than it is now!

Janet x

have to admit that my temp here has risen from -3.5 to -0.5 but hey still hold hope!!!

Last time when the snow came down the temp rose to about 0 don't know if it means anything??

meltz

Posted

very much a matter of wait and see . . . and that is exactly what we will do

Yes, it will be very interesting to open the curtains in the morning to see what is going on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
cc_confused.gif hi all (newby here) just joined but have followed nw for months, have been reading all posts for today/tonight, odd thing is that received email from met office stating wide spread ice from 00.01 sun till 23.59 pm sunday,But no snow warnings that 4 hours ago were coming through thick and fast but no mention now at all of SNOW that rare stuff we have here. Anyone want to comment.?

Posted

have to admit that my temp here has risen from -3.5 to -0.5 but hey still hold hope!!!

Last time when the snow came down the temp rose to about 0 don't know if it means anything??

meltz

Maybe it does . . looking at the radar you stand a much better chance of getting snow in the next few hours than I do. Which will please my little sister no end as she isnt a million miles from you (luton) and has had enough of the snow now!

Janet

Posted

cc_confused.gif hi all (newby here) just joined but have followed nw for months, have been reading all posts for today/tonight, odd thing is that received email from met office stating wide spread ice from 00.01 sun till 23.59 pm sunday,But no snow warnings that 4 hours ago were coming through thick and fast but no mention now at all of SNOW that rare stuff we have here. Anyone want to comment.?

Hi

Whereabouts are you based?

Posted

Maybe it does . . looking at the radar you stand a much better chance of getting snow in the next few hours than I do. Which will please my little sister no end as she isnt a million miles from you (luton) and has had enough of the snow now!

Janet

just looked at radar and honestly can't tell!!! i rely on others input to get an idea so your well ahead of me!!

i love the snow, but have to admit its costing me a fortune cant convince many peeps to have a driving lesson in the snow!!!!

melts!