Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

-5.1C here<BR><BR>On a lighter note, did you know that if you leave beer out in temps of -35C it dries out, which lends itself to freeze dried beer...<BR><BR>

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Wrong place?

I'm lost ....

its ok shhhhhhh your in the right place... your in the SWECSD lmao

kaz xx

Posted

Ok guys so i'm now really confused. . . again! haha.

All these different charts and discussions are confusing me and i now don't know what to expect from tomorrow?

Can someone please clarify what is now being forecasted for the weather over the next few days?

So far i'm have the idea that there will be widespread light snow tomorrow but with potential for further heavy snow from tuesday in to weds????? Is that correct? Any idea where this snow will fall? i'm in Swindon.

Thanks! :cray:

Posted

You know how to party in Somerset hey? acute.gif

I'm on the red wine tonight... since its cold out... well thats my excuse (and also the link to making the post on topic) :lol:

As for being snowed in, my road is still pretty much impassable to anything apart of a quad bike, tractor or tank. And I own none of the above... yet. Perhaps a snowmobile?!

Not another one after cider from Somerset... now all we need is butler_son to pop in drinks.gif

Devon makes the best... :lol:

:cray:drunk.gif

Did someone call? :cray:

As it happens, I'm on the red wine tonight as well! And it is all about Devon cider! The occasional one from Somerset isn't bad, but Dorset produces some crackers! Who was drinking Cornish stuff? I hope it was Legless or Rattler...

And for the person that said Irish... :diablo: That's nearly as bad as Herefordshire. :( Though we do have some Gwatkin (from Hereford) downstairs I'm itching to try!

Oh, to make the post vaguely on topic, it's not snowing atm in Nottingham, but we've got a lovely weather warning out!

Maybe it was right to leave Dorset behind! :( Btw, to anyone in East Dorset, what are your snow depths? What am I missing?

Risk of disruption Warning Valid from Valid to East Midlands:60% Derby60% Derbyshire60% Nottingham60% Nottinghamshire Heavy Snow 1800 Sun 10 1200 Mon 11 There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of northern England, the Midlands and eastern Wales. Outbreaks of snow developing on Sunday will become heavier and more persistent during late afternoon or evening and persistent through the night and into Monday morning. 5 to 15cm of fresh level snow is expected widely with 20-30cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks and icing on power lines is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1211 Sat 9 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ok guys so i'm now really confused. . . again! haha.

All these different charts and discussions are confusing me and i now don't know what to expect from tomorrow?

Can someone please clarify what is now being forecasted for the weather over the next few days?

So far i'm have the idea that there will be widespread light snow tomorrow but with potential for further heavy snow from tuesday in to weds????? Is that correct? Any idea where this snow will fall? i'm in Swindon.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

It is going to be very cold and mainly cloudy with constant light snow which could drift especialy on hills just about every where in southern half of the UK from what i gather.

2-5cm widely up to 15cm highest ground and more so eastern facing high ground.

Did i mention it was also going to be cold? drinks.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Yipee here we go again, I am sure the met office had an advisory out for Monday as well for us ref snow,where's it gone ,no warnings or advisories for the whole of the south now.

Edited by snowlight robbery

Posted

It is going to be very cold and mainly cloudy with constant light snow which could drift especialy on hills just about every where in southern half of the UK from what i gather.

Thanks! So thats for tomorrow right?Any idea about this supposed heavy snow for early next week????

Posted

Did someone call? air_kiss.gif

As it happens, I'm on the red wine tonight as well! And it is all about Devon cider! The occasional one from Somerset isn't bad, but Dorset produces some crackers! Who was drinking Cornish stuff? I hope it was Legless or Rattler...

And for the person that said Irish... diablo.gif That's nearly as bad as Herefordshire. nonono.gif Though we do have some Gwatkin (from Hereford) downstairs I'm itching to try!

<snip>

Aha! There you are. Did you get the recipe earlier?

I was drinking it... and yes, Legless!

As for the Irish cider... well, we do try and educate, but ya know how it goes. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Mullender! You're back??!

Where was it you were again? How was it? It certainly went quickly...

You missed a good snowfall the other day. But I don't think much has melted. What depth have you go there?

Just about to go but then noticed your post :cc_confused:

Posted

I think the snow will be more patchy tomorrow i mean look at radar its all fizzling out apart from parts ok SE.

Posted

Thanks! So thats for tomorrow right?Any idea about this supposed heavy snow for early next week????

Its still very vague and i have not really looked at it yet as i have not slept since thur night because i was in an Austrian club. drinks.gifyahoo.gif

Yes sunday/monday

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I think the snow will be more patchy tomorrow i mean look at radar its all fizzling out apart from parts ok SE.

I think it's meant to pep up in early morning and thru' the day WC. Looks like the south of our region, by that i mean south somerset, devon, west dorset will get decent covering/top up.

EDIT: Rob McElwee now on the beeb showing light snow most of the day, with some spots getting heavier stuff. Then heavier stuff moves north into pennines.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Please don't panic because radar shows this. Ian did say the Radar could be a little sketchy on ppn ect earlier and it is still very early!

Posted

Aha! There you are. Did you get the recipe earlier?

I was drinking it... and yes, Legless!

As for the Irish cider... well, we do try and educate, but ya know how it goes. :yahoo:

Yes, all saved in a notepad document, cheers! When you say chicken, do you mean a whole one? Surely not? When I saw it done (very basic recipe) it was using breast, though I'm willing to be corrected!

The first step is often to wean them onto a fizzy real cider, like Thatchers Gold, Vintage or Katy. You know, get them over slowly. THEN assault with the rough stuff!

If anyone's still drinking Magners out there, go and buy a Thatchers Gold. And don't add ice! :cc_confused:

Posted

Yes, all saved in a notepad document, cheers! When you say chicken, do you mean a whole one? Surely not? When I saw it done (very basic recipe) it was using breast, though I'm willing to be corrected!

The first step is often to wean them onto a fizzy real cider, like Thatchers Gold, Vintage or Katy. You know, get them over slowly. THEN assault with the rough stuff!

If anyone's still drinking Magners out there, go and buy a Thatchers Gold. And don't add ice! drinks.gif

You can use just chicken breasts, but they can dry out quicker.

It also keeps quite well and gets better with time... a bit like lasagne so you could cook it off and then eat it/freeze it for another time.

Sooooo off topic now. Sorry guys.

So, whose bored of the cold yet? :)

Posted

If anyone's still drinking Magners out there, go and buy a Thatchers Gold. And don't add ice! drinks.gif

Well said that man!

Rough thatchers and cheddar valley not to mention black rat and me have had many good times.... whistling.gif

thatchers Katy is a stonker for a fizzy one though it has to be said!

Posted

Please don't panic because radar shows this. Ian did say the Radar could be a little sketchy on ppn ect earlier and it is still very early!

You got a point welcome back anyway:) Bristol boy: Yes i saw that aswel looked patchy but also i feel tomorrow will be a day of patchy light snow with maybe getting a little heavier.

Posted

You can use just chicken breasts, but they can dry out quicker.

It also keeps quite well and gets better with time... a bit like lasagne so you could cook it off and then eat it/freeze it for another time.

Sooooo off topic now. Sorry guys.

So, whose bored of the cold yet? laugh.gif

cold bored? I have not seen any yet!! wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

OMG, thank you Rob McElwee, that was the best forecast ever(ish)!

But I'm still gonna wait until i see it to believe it :)

Nowcast, nowcast, nowcast....!

Posted

cold bored? I have not seen any yet!! wallbash.gif

Oh yeah! Sorry! Haha!

Well, my max has been -2.9C for the last 3 days and -1.5C for a few days before that...

not that I'm bored, I was just swinging the thread back on topic... although cider has its merits... thought the mods might get a bit miffed.

Got me some Westons Vintage at the mo, its not bad!

Posted

Well said that man!

Rough thatchers and cheddar valley not to mention black rat and me have had many good times.... whistling.gif

thatchers Katy is a stonker for a fizzy one though it has to be said!

Me and a mate took a barrel of Thatchers Heritage to a 3 day music festival and caned the lot between us! Next year, it's the Cheddar Valley!

Still, the King of Ciders is, I'm afraid, from Devon. If you haven't tasted anything from Winkleigh (especially Autumn Mix Scrumpy), you haven't lived. :nonono:

Oh yeah! Sorry! Haha!

Well, my max has been -2.9C for the last 3 days and -1.5C for a few days before that...

not that I'm bored, I was just swinging the thread back on topic... although cider has its merits... thought the mods might get a bit miffed.

Got me some Westons Vintage at the mo, its not bad!

Not of fan of Westons, find it leaves a strange taste in my mouth. :unsure:

Still, back to the weather - anyone from East Dorset about? Wanna tell me your snow depth? :acute: I bet it's more than the 2 inches up here...if that!