Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good isn't it snowing here nicely and guess what kent got lighter snow than Central southern england now i think southern areas looks best for longest snow.

by the way all this is moving bristol looks to be right in the firing line:drinks:

Posted

by the way all this is moving bristol looks to be right in the firing line:drinks:

Although light and patchy so may only just get away with a dusting but at least its a start.

Posted

Although light and patchy so may only just get away with a dusting but at least its a start.

yes it is very light but i guess it all helps and especially now we have a covering to help it i think maybe tuesday into wednesday might be a bit mre interesting for us here.

Posted

yes it is very light but i guess it all helps and especially now we have a covering to help it i think maybe tuesday into wednesday might be a bit mre interesting for us here.

yes well im off now night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Up late watching the american football and radar wathcing, Few shower miss barnstaple some how bye like a few miles damn. But can see the bigger snow on its way.

Posted

Up late watching the american football and radar wathcing, Few shower miss barnstaple some how bye like a few miles damn. But can see the bigger snow on its way.

Still have light snow falling here, what do you thinking tomorrow day/afternoon will bring? I hope it continues at this pace :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Yes light snow or sleet falling here now i aint going out to see what it is ha. I have no idea mate im just going by the forecasts and better readers of the weather on here.

Posted

Yes light snow or sleet falling here now i aint going out to see what it is ha. I have no idea mate im just going by the forecasts and better readers of the weather on here.

It looks kind of sleet(ish) but i'm not gonna check either haha, yeah same.. i'm a complete noob to this. Fingers crosssssssed though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

very light snow in swansea. Wheres the snow in the southeast? They are having no snow for once!

Posted

very light snow in swansea. Wheres the snow in the southeast? They are having no snow for once!

2-5cm still looks a fair shout. got a dust or slight covering times that all day then yh. covering it is

Posted

Very disappointing for the SW, can't really see any signs of much precip, a bit over devon as it seems to be hanging around over there.

Monday has been downgraded to nothing for our area, so hope now pinned for Tues, but as this is a marginal event for us, hopes are low.....

Posted

Ok, just watched BBC weather and not impressed :) Light snow flurrys they say... So why has the Met still have warnings for heavy snow? Confused.com!

Posted

Morning all,just got up,looked outside anddddddddddd oh just about make out about 20 snowflakes on my car!,looked at NW radar expecting to see a blanket of constant pink across south andddddddd oh where is it,what we had a half 5 has all moved west with very little showing to the SE,what's gone wrong?cc_confused.gif

Edited by snowlight robbery

Posted

Morning all. I've been following this disscusion for ages and finally decided to register. In Okehampton we have had a couple cm's of snow through the morning and snow is still lightly falling. I just looked at the MET office surface pressure charts and it shows that the warm front from the continent wont reach us until about miday today. Is there any chance the snow will get heavier and more widespread when the warm front arives.

Lee

Posted

Disappointing prospects for our area this morning. None of the "significant drifting" forecast by the MET last night, in fact very little wind and temperatures just above freezing with any light accumulations likely to be wet. Tomorrow downgraded to mostly dry & tuesday marginal. It was fun while it lasted! Ian :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

looks good for devon and cornwall . dont think westcountry see much today now aggressive.gifacute.gif

hmm I must say they do seem to have downgraded the forecast on meto and bbc with far less ppn around. wallbash.gif Sorry folks I new my return from holiday would spell doom for us. blink.gif

Posted

Morning all,just got up,looked outside anddddddddddd oh just about make out about 20 snowflakes on my car!,looked at NW radar expecting to see a blanket of constant pink across south andddddddd oh where is it,what we had a half 5 has all moved west with very little showing to the SE,what's gone wrong?:)

My thoughts exactly, looked out the window to find half a cm on the roof of my car that has now started to melt as the temp is 0.5c!!!! :acute:

No hope from looking at the radar either with all the ppn having passed us :)

Looks to be a few showers starting to pep up over Kent and heading West, just hope this is the start of our 24 hours of light constant snow

:)