Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Rob McSeaweed's Radar must be busted!

Where can they see a further 10+cms from??????????

Temps rising here also.

But everywhere round here is white and looking very picturesque so even if there's no more, it's been more snowy than I've seen round here in 10+years. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ah yes this will be the Kent wristslashing thread because its melting lol

Come on guys it aint all bad...We have 2cm lying in London but were pleased you had some fantastic

snow.....Lets all enjoy the period of cold were in....

London is...As we are seeing ice, lying snow and cold....Better than ive seen in ages.....

Ive even seen an icicle on the Dome :)

Chill peeps :):)

true v true. We shld b v happy wiv what we hav got...mustnt b too greedy.

Posted

Well Rob seems confident on the 'warm front' bringing snow from now until about 5am across Kent, Essex and Sussex.

Radar currently says NO.

Francis Wilson is also forecasting the same as Rob. Both of them tell ALL how it is, so it will be interesting tomorrow with the snow they are both forecasting!

Still snowing lightly here

Posted

it is bizzare - it is now snowing lightly here.

What are the bets on Sunny and 84 degrees tomorrow. It may as well be for all I know.

Posted

Well Rob seems confident on the 'warm front' bringing snow from now until about 5am across Kent, Essex and Sussex.

Radar currently says NO.

Got to love the BBC oops.gif

Slough

Mon Day weather 24.gif?v32_12Light Snow

Tue Day weather 3.gif?v32_12Sunny Intervals

Wed Day weather 1.gif?v32_12Sunny

Thu Day weather 24.gif?v32_12Light Snow

LMAO rofl.gif

Edited by rmc1987

Posted

I suggest those feeling bad go and have a read of the model thread as it sounds like its not over yet.

RE tonight/tomorrow.

Aren't the winds supposed to be turning to a more favorable flow in the next day or so? There has been snow streamers nearly everyday in the last few weeks for those getting a favorable flow. Surely we will see some more, there is some deep embedded cold inland, it won't shift easily. Apart from those close to the coast i dont think its anywhere near the end.

Posted

The BBC forecast was very different to the one given at 5.30ish. Looks a bit more promising as especially the snow that will fall will be dry and powdery, All is not lost...

is the whole region expected to be above 0 in the next couple of hours, would like to preserve the few inches i have!

There is nothing upwind, downwind or over the continent that is going to arrive here anytime soon-

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

I see the haters are out in force tonight- However= when all the 'professionals' were calling for the 5inches of snow I was saying it was already over for SE essex & NE kent- & now we here the drip drip posts-

Dont get me wrong, its been a good spell of cold - we must keep the perspective, its been synoptically a great end of Dec + start of Jan & 100% of the posters here would have bitten an arm or two off to see things like this back in september-

Just enjoy whats on the ground & watch out for some heavy frosts this week as skies clear from the East & SE

S

Posted

Francis Wilson is also forecasting the same as Rob. Both of them tell ALL how it is, so it will be interesting tomorrow with the snow they are both forecasting!

Still snowing lightly here

Yes we shall see. For the record we have 2-3 inches lying in Ealing in untracked spots. I suspect tomorrow steve will be right and we shall have exactly the same! Hope I wrong however!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Still snowing here but very lightly,but it is cold and i think i might go to bed and see what we wake up too,everyone seems very low and thinking this wont happen ,guys just chill and go to bed and stop lampost watching as it makes you stressed lol,night guys and keep smiling smile.gif

he he lamppost watchin n stress so true. Sleep well n hope brighton has some but enough 2let me safely back 2moro!

Posted

I suggest those feeling bad go and have a read of the model thread as it sounds like its not over yet.

RE tonight/tomorrow.

Aren't the winds supposed to be turning to a more favorable flow in the next day or so? There has been snow streamers nearly everyday in the last few weeks for those getting a favorable flow. Surely we will see some more, there is some deep embedded cold inland, it won't shift easily. Apart from those close to the coast i dont think its anywhere near the end.

Don't think anyone is calling a breakdown! It's just that we need some snow in London, endless cold without snow is quite boring when Kent gets blasted with 10cm plus every night!

Posted

Here in Dover there doesn't seem to be a drip drip event happening at the moment. the gutter isn't dripping from the snow on the roof, it was for a little while in the afternoon though. unsure on the temperature here though.

Posted

For where?! I have come to the conclusion that if there is any doubt whatsoever for London, ie peter Cockcroft says something like "to the south and east of London" then London will get little or no accumulating snow. Wednesday afternoon was our best dump, and in all fairness peter Cockcroft forecast it. Unless the national forecasters specifically mention London, regardless of their vague graphics, we will not get anything other than flurries.

Well said, it really is very very difficult to find out the weather forecast here in the main part of London, you never know if you're included or not, it's always the snow will hit "the london area" or "south london" when they mean surrey etc

Posted

Yes I don't doubt Steve, but how can the BBC be so wrong with this?

BTW - don't think I'll mention inches and the word preserve in the same sentence again!

Posted

There is nothing upwind, downwind or over the continent that is going to arrive here anytime soon-

I see the haters are out in force tonight- However= when all the 'professionals' were calling for the 5inches of snow I was saying it was already over for SE essex & NE kent- & now we here the drip drip posts-

Dont get me wrong, its been a good spell of cold - we must keep the perspective, its been synoptically a great end of Dec + start of Jan & 100% of the posters here would have bitten an arm or two off to see things like this back in september-

Just enjoy whats on the ground & watch out for some heavy frosts this week as skies clear from the East & SE

S

Toys out of pram time me thinks. whistling.gif

wallbash.gifsad.gifbad.gif

Posted

S

You did say it Steve - And you've been bang on most of the time over this cold spell - Kudos to you.

We still have a good 2 months to look forward to! :unsure:

Posted

he he lamppost watchin n stress so true. Sleep well n hope brighton has some but enough 2let me safely back 2moro!

Lol,still snowing and seems to be getting heavier ,not that i am lamppost watching much he he blink.gif

Posted

Here in Dover there doesn't seem to be a drip drip event happening at the moment. the gutter isn't dripping from the snow on the roof, it was for a little while in the afternoon though. unsure on the temperature here though.

and it is snowing and has been all day from heavy to light v persistant

Posted

Well said, it really is very very difficult to find out the weather forecast here in the main part of London, you never know if you're included or not, it's always the snow will hit "the london area" or "south london" when they mean surrey etc

That's right. There's only 10 million people in London and they think we want to know about the wilds of Kent? Peter Cockcroft is the only guy who forecasts for is and he often strays into "London area" or, my pet hate,"to the west of London" so does he mean west London or somewhere outside london down th m4, such as slough?

Posted

Well it's been over freezing all day here, hovering around 1c, and we had 12 hours of non-stop snow. Yes it was mainly light but added several inches to the totals and still no thaw going on! Don't lose hope people :unsure:

Posted

S

Steve, Is it possible that both Rob (BBC24) & Francis (Sky News) are correct regarding snow tomorrow? They have nothing to lose by downgrading the snow event in the SE tomorrow, but they have kept to their guns and gone for snow tomorrow. We shall see.

Posted

Well its just about time for bed i reckon. :unsure:

Lets face it, there's nothing on the radar and although there is precip over Germany whats the point in clutching at straws and hanging on to the hope of it reaching us?. As Steve has said it has been a great cold spell for many with lots of places seeing the most snowfall for donkeys years! We know its going to melt at some stage so whats the point in getting upset over it :acute: .

I really don't understand Francis and the Beed, Francis is normally pretty good but the forcasts just seem odd, 10-20cms of snow over night, just can't see it!

We are now at 1.1c with a DP of -1, just opened the window and its Drip Drip Drip, but hey ho it was nice while it lasted!

Nite All.

Matt. :nonono: