Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

BBC24 forecaster Liam Dutton has also just said that more snow is on the way in the early hours into Sunday for the SE & London.

It is still snowing lightly here

I hope your optimism wins out I can't see it happening mate

Posted

AS - the streets of Reigate are currently lethal and will only get worse!

Crampons and mountaineering boots are primed and ready for deployment!

AS

Posted

I admire your optimism but I suspect its all over.

Just wait and see Master Rob said there was much more to come for even you on the news tonight so i am a member of the church of Sir Robbie McE lol I believe i do.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

BBC24 forecaster Liam Dutton has also just said that more snow is on the way in the early hours into Sunday for the SE & London.

Im sorry but you must have a rain cloud directly over Croydon which never ends...You

get snow continuous whe n most of the SE is dry....

Please show me your radar as Im shocked that Croydon is getting this snow.

Posted

Paul, didnt a poster from the tyne say earlier their expecting a lot of snow next couple of days? Ties in with that blob heading north of us over the near continent. Maybe that is not our snow going awol at all? Straw clutching now. Im still confident...

Posted

a few little flurries in the wind here too

am not expecting much fo the next few hours but we will see what develops downwind

am quite happy with what I have, will look back on this and feel this is the best winter I can remember really, no matter what happens for the rest of it

and I cant see february being dominated by a bartlett or anything, and there is no real sign of anything mild for the forseeable future with the models backing off a proper breakdown

patience, a rare commodity these days, could be the thing, but in hindsight many of us will remember this winter as a classic. No double figure temps since the first half of december and a January which may be below the 2 degrees CET value...its a real possbility

think back to 2007-8...now that was pants

Posted

:)

Snow Joke.....!

Cheers to all NW Contributors thanks for making everything such good fun - Nice mix of people, some novices like myself enjoying the ride, others contributing lots of interesting points that I enjoy learning about!

Off to bed soon but I will keep the blind open so that I can lampost watch lol! Take care people and hope we all wake up to LOTS OF SNOW!!!

:)

Posted

Still very light down the road here in Purley. I do mean light though, just the odd few flakes. It's a shame this hasn't kicked off in the way we expected. It looked quite promising earlier with the heavy showers that passed over.

Tiny thaw but that's to be expected generally with compacting snow and the wind doesnt help. Fantastic icicles all around. It's been many, many, many years since i've seen them this size.

Posted

Nice 5 -6" of fluffy powdery snow that was here and lying (as also stated by Beeb and Sky forcasters) is now in transition, due to temps turned VERY wet and one small snowball is enough to remove 4" of snow down to grass level in one revolution!

Love Snow - Hate Slush! :)

In my opinion which is not fact, so not open to a bashing (:)), I can see the rest of tonight panning out as thus. Snow for Kent, over, slight thaw of lying snow making it slushy to all except those that have greater depths thus giving insulation to lower levels.

Snow pushing over from Netherlands reaching Wash and pushing Midlands and Pennines way.

Event over, no snow for Kt,Su,Sx, Lon & Ex. Gradual thaw, temps pushing to 2'c then 3'c next day, 4'c and staying 3 - 4'c most of week with very little frost.

I hope I'm wrong for us snow lovers here in the SE, but thats how I see it.

This extreme episode is over, but temps still under normal but not front page stuff anymore.

(You watch, I'll have 4" of new snow on the drive by 9am now! :))

Posted

Im sorry but you must have a rain cloud directly over Croydon which never ends...You

It's that Croydon micro-climate again...

Posted

There seems to be a developing streamer in the channel. Something of interest for southern areas tonight?

Posted

Just wait and see Mater Rob said there was much more to come for even you on the news tonight so i am a member of the church of Sir Robbie McE lol I believe i do.

I believe. I do really. Bring it on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just logged on for the first time today, all very disappointing after the big build up! However I'm currently in South Woodford and haven't been home to South East London so don't know what's been going on down there today?

Still hoping we may wake up to a surprise but having just seen the BBC Red Button forecast I was amazed to see what a difference a day makes, come on snow don't let us down!! :cc_confused:

Posted

Nice 5 -6" of fluffy powdery snow that was here and lying (as also stated by Beeb and Sky forcasters) is now in transition, due to temps turned VERY wet and one small snowball is enough to remove 4" of snow down to grass level in one revolution!

Love Snow - Hate Slush! :wallbash:

In my opinion which is not fact, so not open to a bashing (:cc_confused:), I can see the rest of tonight panning out as thus. Snow for Kent, over, slight thaw of lying snow making it slushy to all except those that have greater depths thus giving insulation to lower levels.

Snow pushing over from Netherlands reaching Wash and pushing Midlands and Pennines way.

Event over, no snow for Kt,Su,Sx, Lon & Ex. Gradual thaw, temps pushing to 2'c then 3'c next day, 4'c and staying 3 - 4'c most of week with very little frost.

I hope I'm wrong for us snow lovers here in the SE, but thats how I see it.

This extreme episode is over, but temps still under normal but not front page stuff anymore.

(You watch, I'll have 4" of new snow on the drive by 9am now! :rolleyes:)

I feel that is the way it is going. Above freezing maxima for the next few days seems likely, with a slow and painful thaw of lying snow. Clear skies overnight mean ice could be more of a major hazard this week than last week because the melting snow will turn to slush and freeze.

Edit: that line over the channel does seem to be heading back NWwards now - how odd!

Edited by staplehurst

Posted

I'm surprised with the light snow too. Nothing on the radar showing this light snow at the moment.

Posted

Light snow still in Rayleigh

Same here. Has been for hours. Not doing anything for accumulation though.

Posted

not expecting much tonight, maybe the odd flurry. tomorrow could very well be better.

temperature maintaining at about -0.4

Posted

I'm surprised with the light snow too. Nothing on the radar showing this light snow at the moment.

Yeah defo light snow had to go outside to see it though

Posted

Is it coming from the Germans? Russia? Mars?

Nope it's coming from the Channel just on our doorstep(?)

Talk about stealth, what the heck?

Well I assume it's coming from there, looks like it's starting to fire. . . or else where the hell is it coming from, got to be thinking it's going to happen with all the agencies still going for this.

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader