Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yeah, if you can, find some high and open ground and watch the drifting. A near ground blizzard of sorts.

I think my western part of Halesowen will do quite well. The incline of my main road is pretty much perpendicular to the way the snow will be falling (ie- sideways) and the high ground further east by the M5 (Mucklow Hill) will provide some good falls to blow over Halesowen.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Thankyou W09 for that description muchly apprecited mate.good.gif Wheres all the usual suspects and the "will it snow in ......." brigade tonight ????

Another thing to remember is that it would be better to stick close to the nearside towpath bank if you do decide to do it. Firstly if you go through your easier to get to and secondly around trees on the far bank the water temperature can be higher and the ice may be thinner. With fishing in the colder weather the fish generally go where it is warmer ie deep water or under trees and foliage the two places you dont wanna end up!!!!!!!

Cheers for that from what I've read they say you should stay away from bridges too, as the ice is alot thinner under them, also if the ice has a snow covering, which it has atm, but i'm hoping the wind over the next week will remove that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Just woke up and checked radar and was fairly disapointed! But then checked the eu radar and it's just over holland and the north sea! Growing in size as it does so! Is it just delayed on whEn it was supposed to be here! Any thoughts?

Posted

Just woke up and checked radar and was fairly disapointed! But then checked the eu radar and it's just over holland and the north sea! Growing in size as it does so! Is it just delayed on whEn it was supposed to be here! Any thoughts?

Doesnt look good to me. Its been in the same position for the last 8 hours. Just never gets any closer. Just dies out before it makes the east coast

Posted

the norwegian weather service has been showing rain for most of the days recently including ones we have had snow on, it is showing snow for Bicester on wednesday 13th most of the other websites are showing rain/sleet link http://www.yr.no/pla...ester/long.html 05:32 update, this site also has some good satellite graphics on link it http://www.yr.no/satellitt/

Posted

the norwegian weather service has been showing rain for most of the days recently including ones we have had snow on, it is showing snow for Bicester on wednesday 13th most of the other websites are showing rain/sleet link http://www.yr.no/pla...ester/long.html 05:32 update, this site also has some good satellite graphics on link it http://www.yr.no/satellitt/

Well its showing snow for me for the best part of Sunday and the precepition map shows precip. for me on Monday too for pretty much the whole day.

Although, it all sounds too good to be true.

Posted

Well its showing snow for me for the best part of Sunday and the precepition map shows precip. for me on Monday too for pretty much the whole day.

Although, it all sounds too good to be true.

its now showing next to nothing just 0.3mm precipitation for me on wednesday on the 07:02 update timestamp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowing very lightly, but temp going wrong way, now 0.8C, could be a thaw later

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

Nooooo, this is worse than I thought! The temp has risen to 1c here, WHY!!?? Snow is thawing a bit :p

No need to panic, dont forget your 1c is air temperature, ground temp is always lower. Even at 2c air temp, there wont be much of a thaw.

Posted

Nooooo, this is worse than I thought! The temp has risen to 1c here, WHY!!?? Snow is thawing a bit :p

This is not what I expected at all. This front has mucked the whole setup up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Slight thaw started here temp 1.3c and quite windy. Trying not to be downbeat as we have had a great cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

BBC seem to have toned down their forecasts big-time since yesterday. Last night they were talking about 10-15cm in a number of places (particularly the far south-east corner), whilst today they've changed it to merely light snow in a few places and nothing except for possibly rain in the far south-east! Doesn't look good for us in the Midlands really in terms of the heavier snow we might have been expecting given yesterday's forecasts, although they're still talking about a possibility of more significant falls on hills overnight Sunday into Monday.

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

OMG mellow.gif

what the hell is going on!

Im getting nervous! this whole set up could become a non event for us! if it is how, could the forecasters get this sooo wrong! Just done my night shift and dont look like anythings gonna happen for awhile! if it does at all that is! rolleyes.gif

so im gonna get a couple hours kip! Bet when i wake up the snow will have melted and it will be raining lol! wallbash.gifwallbash.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Posted

+1.2c in Birmingham. Temperatures have been rising for the last 12 hours now and no snow!cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm sure I read somewhere that you can get a temp rise before snow arrives. There's a chart on the cold snap discussion that shows where the front was at midnight.

I think that we all need to pray, and pray hard!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

light snow here in stoke