Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I think most of the stuff will hit Derby/Nottingham (as Andy says) and the northern half of Staffordshire, most of it will miss me :cray:

IMO it will head straight for you after it goes through Notts/Derby, it's got a slight W/SW movement on it but not enough for Leicester to get it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

IMO it will head straight for you after it goes through Notts/Derby, it's got a slight W/SW movement on it but not enough for Leicester to get it.

I think you might be right, after putting the pressure chart and wind vector overlays on the radar, I COULD get lucky. But it will inevitably weaken as it heads inland.

Posted

it is really starting to pep up now out in the North Sea and this will help a lot.

But it's all breaking up and turning to rain as it moves further inland.

Maybe a few flakes here and there, but nothing to get excited about.

Posted

I'll garauntee that this will be a total non-event for Leicester, Warwickshire, Northants area.

The main heavy precip is heading towards Notts/Derby area and that other batch of precip following on behind it will do the same. All Leicester, Warwickshire and Northants will get is scraps like small bits of sleet or rain :cray:

Dunno about Brum and West Midlands, PPN will probably pep up over you later on this afternoon but over here I think it's a case of.. Goodbye snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Yeh? Rain/snow alternating mix here, crap.

Yeh but thats not heading for us, it's heading for Nottingham/Derby laugh.gif

no its not...dry.gif it keeps evaporating as it hits our sheild. We have only had atom-sized balls of sleet fall, and only VERY lightly....

Posted

Yeh but thats not heading for us, it's heading for Nottingham/Derby :lol:

Yeah! :good:

I think most of the stuff will hit Derby/Nottingham

Yeah!!! :cray:

After it goes through Notts/Derby

YEAH!!!!! :cray:

Still very light in Nottingham, but what did you expect right now! :cray:

Edited by butler_son

Posted

no its not...dry.gif it keeps evaporating as it hits our sheild. We have only had atom-sized balls of sleet fall, and only VERY lightly....

Thats because the heavy stuff isn't there yet :lol: Give it 30 mins and you'll be going...

"HEAVY SNOW BIG FLAKES" :cray::good::cray:

Trust me :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

After looking at it closely for a third time, it definitely has a direct east-to-west movement, very little southerly movement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Jeez ive just looked at a load of psat comments in here and i thought the world had ended! We have snow while the radar shows nothing. I dont think there has been much of a thaw here. Things should start falling into place soon so enjoy if you have it!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Snowing lightly in Sedgley and dosent look that (wet) - sticking to cars etc. If its starts raining by me then most parts are in trouble lol (except the major hilly areas of course!).

I hope I havent got my hopes up for nothing again unknw.gif - however some of the best snowfalls do seem to come from nowhere.........

right best check those radars lol

Posted

Jeez ive just looked at a load of psat comments in here and i thought the world had ended! We have snow while the radar shows nothing. I dont think there has been much of a thaw here. Things should start falling into place soon so enjoy if you have it!

N-W radar shows something over you so thats a false statement :(

You are lucky because the snow here is thawing quickly to be honest. Road is now turning to slush and it was pure snow yesterday. Temp has hit 1c and it's not even the afternoon yet. Will probably hit 2c max which will melt a fair bit of stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

need some heads to be nowcasting and window watching from my east. newark anyone? That blob on the radar looks great but as it keeps progressiving west, the front edge just breaks up and evaporates at Notts city limits laugh.gifrolleyes.gif Its quite bright out here too, even though its cloudy, before like an hour ago, the sky was really dark and gray, so i have no idea whats going on..dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Moderate snow here now! Nice flakes. Nothing on radar again so not

going to bother for now cause it seems to not be working right! Hope we get that heavyier stuff later !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

N-W radar shows something over you so thats a false statement :p

You are lucky because the snow here is thawing quickly to be honest. Road is now turning to slush and it was pure snow yesterday. Temp has hit 1c and it's not even the afternoon yet. Will probably hit 2c max which will melt a fair bit of stuff.

It probably shows anaprop. Its there constantly over our area and extremely annoying.

Posted

Heavy sleet continues to fall here... can't see the PPN stopping at all, throughout the day to be honest... which makes me gutted that it's so marginal.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

If the NAE model is right then things should tutn heavier later this evening and for much of the night before gradually easing off during Monday.

Posted

Just had a look out the window, snow melt is worrying now. On the pavements and road it is melting quite a lot and we still have 4 hours of warming to go yet :p

GAME.OVER.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Looks like we will miss that snow here.. nothing unusual there :p A slight thaw here temp is 1.9

Posted

Thank god for the voice of reason clap.gif It gets boring trawling through loads of negative comments. Give it time good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Still snowing, it's 0.8 degrees out in my garden. We've had a great week or so weatherwise - lying snow, low temperatures etc.. Anything that happens after this is a brucie bonus... but a tiny part of me is still wishing for a foot of snow, blizzards and for the cold spell to continue!!

I blame the media, as soon as the news started running features on 'the big freeze' the writing was on the wall :p