Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

Only had 3 very light snow showers (10 mins max) here, nothing lying and the snow/ice we did have is melting fast (grass nearly clear). :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I just keeping getting a few odd flakes im rather frustarted

Are you N Bucks, middle or S Bucks (put nearest town in your avator)? I'm not supposed to do this but here's a preview… seems to be heading east slowly.

post-8078-12631403388242_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Quick update!

Its..............tiny flake.............................teeny flake........................tiny flake now! :rolleyes:

Now, why does that sound familiar, Ickle??? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
smile.gifQuite a few flutters and flurries in the last hour here, not the fine snizzle I had earlier either, quite a few bigger lumps in the last few minutes. Hopefully things will improve as we get into the evening if the temperature falls.

Posted

Are you N Bucks, middle or S Bucks (put nearest town in your avator)? I'm not supposed to do this but here's a preview… seems to be heading east slowly.

im south bucks and high wycombe thanks for the radar

Posted

UK regions: Wales South West England West Midlands London & South East EnglandHeavy SnowTue 12 JanThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

A band of heavy snow will move slowly northeast during Tuesday afternoon and the first part of Wednesday before dying out. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are expected widely, with 5 to 15cm possible locally. The strengthening southeasterly wind is also likely to lead to drifting of snow.

Issued at: 1433 Sun 10 Jan

UK regions: Wales South West England West Midlands London & South East EnglandHeavy SnowWed 13 JanThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

A band of heavy snow will move slowly northeast during Tuesday afternoon and the first part of Wednesday before dying out. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are expected widely, with 5 to 15cm possible locally. The strengthening southeasterly wind is also likely to lead to drifting of snow.

Issued at: 1450 Sun 10 Jan

well after to-days non event im not holding my breath !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

oh well folks looks like wait till tuesdaywhistling.gif

Posted

UK regions: Wales South West England West Midlands London & South East EnglandHeavy SnowTue 12 JanThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

Issued at: 1433 Sun 10 Jan

UK regions: Wales South West England West Midlands London & South East EnglandHeavy SnowWed 13 JanThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

Issued at: 1450 Sun 10 Jan

well after to-days non event im not holding my breath !!

Realy and they are always right :lol: :p incredible.

Posted

Very disappointing day - temperature has remained at around 1.8C, dp 1C here in N Norfolk with intermittent snow, sleet, light rain. Pretty rapid thaw of lying snow which is likely to continue throughout the night here. Given this much colder winter, I had quite high hopes for this kind of easterly but not to be. Like others, surprised by the Met O forecast but I guess they were erring on the cautious side given how marginal the situation is. I am surprised, however, they didn't even mention the possibility of sleety conditions along eastern coastal counties if nothing else. I have to say hats off to GFS on this one as their temperature & dewpoint profiles have been spot on so am not surprised by the outcome.

Posted

Light snow for an hour or so now, not really settling as it's so light. 0.7c.

I feel we're in for a breif respite from the desperately cold temperatures we've had over the past week, but temps of 3-5c will not feel mild with the wind strength and rain/sleet/snow at times.

After this week of respite, there is a chance of another cold blast. Of course there is also the chance the Atlantic could fly back into action and give us a mild late month.

In the real snowy cold spells, the easterly has been best during February (eg 1991) so should the synoptics keep blocking going on, we could have a chance still of a beast from the east.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Yup very disappointed with what we got up here, nice to be able to get out of the house somewhere today and let the kids play though.

Not looked at any models today as helpfully internet connection BORKED all day grrrr but i'm thinking this is probably over now for this region with a rapid thaw (it's nearly all gone already anyway)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well the only ones that had a result due to the anti climax warning was places like asdas sainsburys, mayhem yesterday in fear of heavy snow. Me kids keep asking if there is any chance it will still snow tonight, not very optamistic at all now.

Waiting game...cc_confused.gif

Posted

If you like mild, then you wont be seeing it here for at least 2 weeks! There will be below average temps next weekm but milder than of late, but IMO the snow risk increases from next weekend.

Weve had a negative NAO, and over the week, it is expected to return to average. But by the weekend, it is forecast to be back in negative figures, meaning colder temps.