Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

We need a good fall of rain to clear the salt off the roads so they can dry and I can drive in a 'spirited' manner again :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Right now is probably the first time is properly snowed all day with flakes bigger now. Still a very pathetic event. If Tuesday/Wednesday event occurs we would get pasted but it could still change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

had nothing here all day but looking at the radar could be some prelonged precip later tonight... what it falls as we wait to see...

After two days of ice flows in the severn, today there were none... so its been warmer here today and over last night...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If you are a cold lover, whatever you do, DO NOT look at the ECM 12z, it is truly horrific.

Posted

Well i reckon thats it. Nothing going to settle tonight now, anything coming on the radar could be sleet or rain. Getting quite slushy outside now.

Bit of a miserable night on the way really. Murky, steady 1-2C temperatures. Areas of rain and sleet.

Bit of an anti-climax. If this is the climax...which it might not be yet...

...I'll decide on that one tomorrow evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

If you are a cold lover, whatever you do, DO NOT look at the ECM 12z, it is truly horrific.

will be same as UKMO then, expect gfs 00z to trend that way, still snowing now but dosent look like sticking, temp 0.7C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Haha it starts snowing decently as soon as my school says it expects to be open tomorrow. :unknw:

Fresh dusting developing though now. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Yep return of the atlantic looks pretty nailed on now, BBQ weather :unknw:. Can't moan though, its been a very good cold spell.

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

That mass off snow is in the process of leaving Amsterdam now, but it looks to me like its going to be too far North to affect many parts of the Midlands, hope to be proved wrong though, i am far from an expert but it looks likely to hit some parts i would guess nearer midnight tonight. What falls from it will HOPEFULLY be snow be that remains to be seen.

Good Luck!

Posted

Haha it starts snowing decently as soon as my school says it expects to be open tomorrow. laugh.gif

Fresh dusting developing though now. smile.gif

i told you that little blue blob would make it here. dont think it will last long and wont lay much if at all! it will melt after if it does diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

more moderate snowfall for past half an hour... now with bigger flakes

stoke? or b'ham? still snowing here but not that heavy

Posted

Still light snow here, road is covered but it looks like wet stuff. What a great cold spell, here's hoping the next one won't be too far away.

Posted

Doesnt southern Ireland look wierd on this http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/ Northern ireland has its snow shield up

Wouldnt this be great to be in mids - bullsyee in centre of England.

Its does seem to be pepping up on radar charts

Posted

Still light snow here, road is covered but it looks like wet stuff. What a great cold spell, here's hoping the next one won't be too far away.

How long's it been snowing for? I want to know how long till it gets here, be it rain or snow, what do you think at 260ft

Still nothing here todaywallbash.gif

Posted

ECM looking lovely - back to the usual winter affair! :whistling: To be fair, if I were home, I'd be down the beach looking at some of that! 8)

Edited by butler_son

Posted

Light snow here stil,l but as the temp has dropped cars have a light covering now in fact just looked again and paths and main road are patchily coveredblush.gif countryfile weather now .

Posted

yep! that looks amazing in ireland! its a little wheel biggrin.gif

still not snowing here! will probably just miss me doh.gif

i dont care now anyway! i need some warmer temps because my sciatica is really painful in this freezing weather!

bring on the atlantic storms and summer thunder storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yep return of the atlantic looks pretty nailed on now, BBQ weather :whistling:. Can't moan though, its been a very good cold spell.

Thank god!....I absolutely detest the cold....snow makes a nice change once a year...bring on the scorching SW's, normality at last!

Posted

How long's it been snowing for? I want to know how long till it gets here, be it rain or snow, what do you think at 260ft

Still nothing here todaywallbash.gif

On & off since about midday, although to look at it you wouldn't think so! Tomorrow is looking like it could be horrible & wet at this rate, such a shame the cold spell had to end but such is life! Bought back some good memories of the early 80's :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Thank god!....I absolutely detest the cold....snow makes a nice change once a year...bring on the scorching SW's, normality at last!

Sorry about this AJ, but the cold is back :whistling:

http://www.meteociel...M1-192.GIF?10-0

I don't think there is any sign that we will get to average, let alone above.

Edited by nick2702