Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Model Output Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Even though the Uk is at the edge of the block to the East it wouldn`t require much of change to get the colder upper air Westwards towards us

ECM T216hrs

NSea_2010011212_thgt850_216.png

Shows the really cold air on our doorstep in quite a slack flow.

Have to agree with you there Phil. I,m not sure that the Atlantic has really got enough oomph at the moment to do much about that high. Come the weekend I think the models will likely be showing another push from the east or northeast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I apologise aswell. Im having a bad day as some might be able to tell!

ECM at +144 is showing why I thought the UKMO had potential. You can see the LP system going under the block with both models being very similiar at this timeframe. However look at +168!

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Recm1681.gif

If the models continue with this trend then in a few days time I shall share my little secret. Like I said earlier some will be amazed and most probably laugh!

If anyone wants a laugh in the meantime, here's mine… Fieldfares, flocks of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Quick question... I have read about the 'Atlantic trough being negatively tilted' recently - can someone explain what that means? Is it a reference to the axis of the trough not being north/south, but more north-west/south-east? or is it north-east/south-west?!

Posted

Quick question... I have read about the 'Atlantic trough being negatively tilted' recently - can someone explain what that means? Is it a reference to the axis of the trough not being north/south, but more north-west/south-east? or is it north-east/south-west?!

New Model Thread Above