Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Re-running the NW radar images I would say slightly north of due west. Chesterfield seems directly in line and the heaviest stuff will slip by just to the south of us.

Thanks

Posted

looks like im going to miss all that heavy ppn lol, shame with it being cold enough to snow now ugh ahh wel :D

Posted

If it freezes here in the early hours, it will be lethal in the morning :shok:

i know mate it will be hell!

Posted

where has this cold air come from????????????? its 0.3c dew -0.7c now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

where has this cold air come from????????????? its 0.3c dew -0.7c now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's freezing here now, but if cal was around he would confirm it for me.I wouldn't be surprised if the next shower that hits my area is snow.

Posted

I think it's freezing here now, but if cal was around he would confirm it for me.I wouldn't be surprised if the next shower that hits my area is snow.

theres more forming towards us now! this is very weird! has to bloody freeze now eh!

Posted

Its snowing again outside, after a brief pause and adding to what is already laying. The only downside is I can hear dripping outside, showing it is still not cold enough at 0C to stop this slow thaw :(

Posted

Hope it is snow mate because, as you said earlier, there's nothing worse to drive in than freezing rain :(

Posted

Hope it is snow mate because, as you said earlier, there's nothing worse to drive in than freezing rain :(

I'll find out soon mate, as PPN is close to me now and the sky is going white to my east.

Posted

hey brian! suprised that theres colder air now! could be some snow soon, hows your cover? melted here but more like condensed snow with the moisture. What you think about the models? atlantic might loose and easterlies might develop again is what the ECM kind of shows

Posted

It's light rain mate :(:(

Posted

hey brian! suprised that theres colder air now! could be some snow soon, hows your cover? melted here but more like condensed snow with the moisture. What you think about the models? atlantic might loose and easterlies might develop again is what the ECM kind of shows

Hi Graig, I've still got a good few inches of cover mate, but I'd say about a third of it has been lost today.

Re: the Models, I still feel the same way as I did yesterday - that the Block will remain strong.

Posted

Hi Graig, I've still got a good few inches of cover mate, but I'd say about a third of it has been lost today.

Re: the Models, I still feel the same way as I did yesterday - that the Block will remain strong.

its snowing here now :) yeah the models are still in christmas pudding mode! i wouldn't be surprised if we get a good cold easterly?

edit: i didnt put christmas pudding on that post!

Edited by grab my graupel

Posted

It's light rain mate :):)

That's frustrating, I noticed in the South West thread that some members who were expecting snow are

getting sleet now.

its snowing here now :) yeah the models are still in christmas pudding mode! i wouldn't be surprised if we get a good cold easterly?

edit: i didnt put christmas pudding on that post!

It's the swear filter mate :D

Posted

That's frustrating, I noticed in the South West thread that some members who were expecting snow are

getting sleet now.

its proper snow here which is very weird if scunny is rain!

getting sleet now.

It's the swear filter mate :)

"m.o.d.e.r.n e.r.a isnt swearing? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Snow has pretty much fallen all night here, resulted in about 5cm and some deeper drifting. Theres still lots of cover left up here so things are a little messy, no big thaw as such but the snow is more squishy than before..Still snowing now

Posted

Snow has pretty much fallen all night here, resulted in about 5cm and some deeper drifting. Theres still lots of cover left up here so things are a little messy, no big thaw as such but the snow is more squishy than before..Still snowing now

Yeah, same here.

Yet to see a gritter, I don't understand why they haven't been for the last two days, I know salt was been reduced but I thought more sand would have been used as a substitute.

Posted

they stopped gritting our side roads a week ago, roads are a right mess our car has not moved for a week. The local farmer pulled his snow plough over the roads a few days ago, but he just scraped the slushy bit off leaving a sheet of ice underneath, at least this morning there will be somthing to grip onto :crazy:

Posted

they stopped gritting our side roads a week ago, roads are a right mess our car has not moved for a week. The local farmer pulled his snow plough over the roads a few days ago, but he just scraped the slushy bit off leaving a sheet of ice underneath, at least this morning there will be somthing to grip onto smile.gif

Typical, a snow plough has just gone up!

Posted

Met office have placed an orange warning on s.yorks/n.yorks for this morning, further 5-10 cm between 6 and 12. Still snowing up here touch heavier than before but still small flakes

Edited by honeyplanet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Cars every where.Plenty of the white stuff also.Radar looks promising too.

Posted

rain today is showing showers as hail for us, but it's falling as snow