Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Certainly is less intensive for here - however if you look back at the radar for 21:00 its a little bonus that wasn't coming.

Posted

Well typically now after a quick covering here from the heavier burst (sounds as though they had it heavier over the other side of cheltenham) the heavier stuff going all around us! still snizzle falling at the moment but frustrating right now!

Looking back over the 18z GFS the risk for me has slipped a little further SW of here in terms of the heaviest precip

Still a fascinating 48 hours to unfold

SK

Posted

Oh no, just as I feared, Dorset is in the firing line according to the NAE, just as it was on the +48 a week ago!!

All you fellow Dorseters know what that means don't you? :( A last minute detour to the Isle of Bl**dy Wight again! :( Or... maybe, *crosses ABSOLUTELY everything*, just maybe - it means we have missed out so far in order to receive the motherload! :lol: Or maybe not...

Edited by s4lancia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh no, just as I feared, Dorset is in the firing line according to the NAE, just as it was on the +48 a week ago!!

All you fellow Dorseters know what that means don't you? sad.gif A last minute detour to the Isle of Bl**dy Wight again! biggrin.gif Or... maybe, *crosses ABSOLUTELY everything*, just maybe - it means we have missed out so far in order to receive the motherload! ohmy.gif Or maybe not...

When is this for??? Sorry, I'm new to this and not sure what NAE is?cc_confused.gif

Posted

Lol - I can see the clouds/trough as it approaches from the East - I'm saying sleet/rain right now - can only go uphill from there.

Posted

After a great dump of heavy snow then followed a period of sleet but now ....back to steady snow.. but looks like the best has past through now. Still a great surprise !

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

Posted

After a great dump of heavy snow then followed a period of sleet but now ....back to steady snow.. but looks like the best has past through now. Still a great surprise !

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

Definately :D

I was on my way lol, thats love of weather, it can get you hooked :nonono:

Posted

Surely we have to at least get a little tiny bit!? ... Looking at the radar is right ontop of us!?

I suspect it's probably just north of here, there is some more ppn coming up towards us from Southampton way, but I suspect the energy has ran out now and won't amount to much but might be pleasantly suprised, shan't be staying up to find out though.

Posted

Hi Musician - most of my family live here on the south coast so we've all been spoilt this week!

My partner is from Christchurch. She inherited her mother's house, which is empty at present and we are worried about frozen pipes recently, but seems to be milder down there now.

Still light snow falling here and quite a bit on the radar. No thawing as it's still sitting on the telephone wires. O.6 C at present.

I can stay up late as I am unable to get my car down our hill so no work tomorrow! Quite a few abandoned cars around here still. biggrin.gif

Posted

When is this for??? Sorry, I'm new to this and not sure what NAE is?cc_confused.gif

NAE is the hi res Met model which only goes out to +48 hours. As models go this has proved to be the most accurate short term, notice I said MOST accurate not accurate ;-)

Posted

just at the worst time the rain today radar just went back to showing intensity only.

snowing now thought :D

Yeay! :nonono:

Still nothing here though, but it must be on the doorstep, looking at the radar...

Posted

I suspect it's probably just north of here, there is some more ppn coming up towards us from Southampton way, but I suspect the energy has ran out now and won't amount to much but might be pleasantly suprised, shan't be staying up to find out though.

Ahhh well.. what a shame! Hopefully there will be a nice suprise in the morning. Good night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

NAE is the hi res Met model which only goes out to +48 hours. As models go this has proved to be the most accurate short term, notice I said MOST accurate not accurate ;-)

Cheers, here's hoping things are looking up for us!!! rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

My partner is from Christchurch. She inherited her mother's house, which is empty at present and we are worried about frozen pipes recently, but seems to be milder down there now.

Still light snow falling here and quite a bit on the radar. No thawing as it's still sitting on the telephone wires. O.6 C at present.

I can stay up late as I am unable to get my car down our hill so no work tomorrow! Quite a few abandoned cars around here still. biggrin.gif

It was bedlam here last week! I was stuck on the A3 for 5 hours but luckily my parents only live round the corner so walked onto the motorway to help people push cars off the sliproad so they could get off; I made it home eventually! Police were very good and have recovered all abandoned cars free of charge.