Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Its snowing here - heaviest snow i've seen yet - just won't last very long though i don't think.

Nice surprise though.

Fiona

yes tis heavy ere 2 :)

Posted

Will Cardiff get some?

Not sure mate, guessing here though, if Bristol is getting some it's going to head your way.

Edited by Zephyr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

my temperature is fine being so high up if it can just move more west and pep up on mendips.....

comon unknw.gif 0.1c

Edited by mullender83

Posted

don't think it will happen, I'm in Frome and it seems to be dying out before it reaches here nonono.gif

comon got be a at least a dusting from this think relief snowfall comon...

Posted

Common! Lets have some snow in somerset then!! We have to get some!! Lol

Not gonna happen and then this tuesday event i shall suddenly become to north and east. wallbash.gif i have a nagging feeling about it.

I bet snow in lowland somerset is melting rapidly because it is hovering around 0.2c at moment here and thaw started earlier even at my height although slow.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Morning everyone I really need to get to sleep soon keep missing the snow days! Been up again all night had some heavy snow here around 12am to 1am and that was it.. Not sure how the rest of Bristol got on! Going back to bed Night night! X

Posted

Common! Lets have some snow in somerset then!! We have to get some!! Lol

Can I just say that the above post has absolutely nothing to do with me! It was made by my daughter when she got in from work. I must log out of this site before I go to bed in future.

Although she has inherited her mother's weather geekiness, she will be chastised later for common grammatical and spelling errors! :crazy:

Enjoy your weather watching today whilst I remember how to work for a living. :lol:

Posted

Ian going very heavy snow tomorrow

got an extra 2cm-3cm last night

So how much we looking at 20cm-40cm tomorrow

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Ian going very heavy snow tomorrow

got an extra 2cm-3cm last night

So how much we looking at 20cm-40cm tomorrow

We had about the same a nice top up which should keep us going until tomorrow. It was still snowing at 6.00am but very lightly.

Posted

We had about the same a nice top up which should keep us going until tomorrow. It was still snowing at 6.00am but very lightly.

might get the odd snow shower later for our region.

Carol on TV saying there is a potential for very heavy snow tomorrow for us,reckon its heading as far North as the Midlands,but not sure how far East it will spread.

Posted

might get the odd snow shower later for our region.

Carol on TV saying there is a potential for very heavy snow tomorrow for us,reckon its heading as far North as the Midlands,but not sure how far East it will spread.

Metoffice going for heavy snow followed by rain :) ahh well im not complaining but does anyone think this is the case.

Posted

Metoffice going for heavy snow followed by rain :) ahh well im not complaining but does anyone think this is the case.

Tuesday:

Sleet and snow spread across the southwest, possibly reaching central and southern England during the evening. Elsewhere cloudy with snow in the northeast. Windy everywhere with gales in the southwest.

Updated: 0346 on Mon 11 Jan 2010

Posted

Surely metoffice will take cornwall off and put Btol, NE Somerset and Gloucestershire for warning look at the graphics.

Thanks i pray for no rain or sleet cause it looks like we could see a few hours of heavy snow :) Good luck dogs.

Ian is on local forecast :)

Posted

Surely metoffice will take cornwall off and put Btol, NE Somerset and Gloucestershire for warning look at the graphics.

I reckon anywhere North of M4 will be heavy snow and stay as snow as the front stall's

Ian as it more Southern than my prediction

Edited by dogs32