Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

from what i can make out, its stalling and looks as though its building from behind just want it to come a bit further east lol

Yeah, that last update on raintoday really shows it well - and I thought it was going to fizzle out! If we could just have a 2 deg drop in the temp we could be in a for a good dump... :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Good luck to all you skates out there. whistling.gif It's a tough ask, though!

You must of played about 10 games in the cup already this season???? haha what qualifying round did you join in then haha!!!! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yeah, that last update on raintoday really shows it well - and I thought it was going to fizzle out! If we could just have a 2 deg drop in the temp we could be in a for a good dump... unsure.gif

Oh god, I think the front is currently stalling south of the M4 corridor upon checking the NW radar returns. whistling.gif Personally I think the southwest and west are already going top get loads more, lucky/unlucky blighters.

Cheers

STORMBOY

Posted

still just very light sleety stuff here at present. I'm of the impression the band is fragmenting all the time?

Posted

At least people are getting something! Portsmouth is still waiting, from the radar its edging to close! but nothing here yet :whistling:

Temp: 1.8c falling slightly

Posted

You must of played about 10 games in the cup already this season???? haha what qualifying round did you join in then haha!!!! drinks.gif

Blimey, you extend the hand of friendship... :shok::cray:

Just wait till next season, fella! :good::whistling:

Posted

Blimey, you extend the hand of friendship... shok.gifcray.gif

Just wait till next season, fella! good.gifgirl_devil.gif

sorry 1-0 down too!!nonono.gif

Posted

sorry 1-0 down too!!nonono.gif

S'alright - it's tuff being a south coast footy fan!

So which would you rather have - a win in the Cup or 6 inches of powder????? :whistling:

Posted

S'alright - it's tuff being a south coast footy fan!

So which would you rather have - a win in the Cup or 6 inches of powder????? air_kiss.gif

ohhhhhhhhh tough one!!!haha snow all the way!!!but for league points could be a different answer!!!hahablum.gif

Posted

ohhhhhhhhh tough one!!!haha snow all the way!!!but for league points could be a different answer!!!hahablum.gif

Same here :drinks: LOL! Sell my granny for league points! Hope you get both tonight.

Posted

Nothing here yet, very windy though! Not sure whats happened down in Devon, but the A38 just after the M5 is very busy!

EDIT: Lorry jack knifed vehicle and bad weather conditions are the problem, must be snowing over the hills around the Devon express way then :mellow:.

Edited by snowmania

Posted

i've just been properly outside to investigate what is falling. I'm going to call it "sneet" - i.e. more snow than rain but definitely rain in it. It's not "reet" though. Whatever it is, it's very wet and not settling.

Posted

might just be me but on the last 2 radar runs (raintoday 30:00) it seems as though its starting to pivet !!

could be wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

might just be me but on the last 2 radar runs (raintoday 30:00) it seems as though its starting to pivet !!

could be wrong though

Yes, the deep intense COLD is sending the wimpy WET n miserably MILD airmass back to whence it came, the 2010 ice age winter NEVER really left.

Of course, a totally this is a totally inappropriate post as the models suggest otherwise (no before you ask I'm not digging any particular folk on NW as it's all lighthearted) and I've also been on the drink, hic hic drinks.gif

Currently the NW radar shows it stalling and going nowhere as suggested, my Air Pressure is 1000mb falling slowly, AT 0.3c and DP -0.6c so everythings setup for SNOW but well.... whatever happens will happen.

Good ole mother Nature,

STORMBOY

Posted

Sleety sort of snow here now. Opened window and can hear it.

yep, the same here. Unless it gets heavier it really isn't going to come to much. awaiting next radar update....the front is certainly struggling to maintain intensity and progress.