Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Fear not Stormforce snowing and settling here in mid Hants slowly on its way

i think as your further inland that is helping - plus you seem to be aligned better under the heavier precip, according to the radar. It's still travelling (very very slowly) NE (i think!).

Posted

Probably mr Horse,but funnily enough this area rarely gets snow yet this year 7 days lying snow 6 with temps not above zero.

Posted

Probably mr Horse,but funnily enough this area rarely gets snow yet this year 7 days lying snow 6 with temps not above zero.

yes, it's been great hasn't it? and still february to go and judging by some of the posts from the more experienced people there is still a fair bit of hope for some more cold down the line. It isn't exactly a hotspot for snow down here, especially in recent years!

i still don't see enough on the front for anything significant - it's weakening without question, almost by the update.

Posted

yes, it's been great hasn't it? and still february to go and judging by some of the posts from the more experienced people there is still a fair bit of hope for some more cold down the line. It isn't exactly a hotspot for snow down here, especially in recent years!

i still don't see enough on the front for anything significant - it's weakening without question, almost by the update.

Just let the dogs out for a quick....., and they report, it's raining. :whistling:

Posted

Light mixture here, but its not making a lot of progress towards the NE?

Must be the strong E to SE wind stopping it in its tracks. Normally with this set up the Atlantic wins, but this time, the cold holds on! :)

Posted

Light mixture here, but its not making a lot of progress towards the NE?

Must be the strong E to SE wind stopping it in its tracks. Normally with this set up the Atlantic wins, but this time, the cold holds on! cc_confused.gif

no, it's not. it's moving very slowly and weakening. It's actually a pretty grim sort of evening out there!

Posted

no, it's not. it's moving very slowly and weakening. It's actually a pretty grim sort of evening out there!

Ah I see, and yeah it is, its starting to turn a lot more to ice pellets of thats the right terminology? haha :)

Temp 1.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Raining here in Horndean! Had to strain out the window to see because the lampost outside has gone out lol!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Raining here in Horndean! Had to strain out the window to see because the lampost outside has gone out lol!!!

ah back from Bedford just in time for the bIG event of the evening slb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

LOL Flyer - well back to the footie for me as playing extra time now - can't wait to see how much rain we get loldoh.gif

Posted

:yahoo:

LOL Flyer - well back to the footie for me as playing extra time now - can't wait to see how much rain we get loldoh.gif

For goodness sake get back on the pitch you havent got time for idle PC chit chat.

20cm+ here with 2 metre drifts.

Edited by flyer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's started again.

Light snow now falling and settling, I expect many hours to come but how heavily it comes down, who knows. Of course, i'm talking specifically for my area (Newbury) so I wonder what I will measure by morning (8 continous days of snow cover at 9am by then)

Keep your eyes on your temps, dp's and air pressure, there may well be a surprise for a few good folk in here yet according to the radar and latest online bits n pieces.

I still hear no singing fat lady yet but she's knocking on the door.

AT 0.3c, DP -0.7c and AP 999.2mb falling slowly, ideal for buckets of the stuff

STORMBOY

Posted

rofl.gif

For goodness sake get back on the pitch you havent got time for idle PC chit chat.

20cm+ here with 2 metre drifts.

Hee Hee.....SLB's Ma here (SLB1).....she's watching the footie, we now have "stupid" snow here.....very fine and wet, but snow! pardon.gif

Posted

Hee Hee.....SLB's Ma here (SLB1).....she's watching the footie, we now have "stupid" snow here.....very fine and wet, but snow! pardon.gif

"stupid"snow eh? i didnt realise we could afford to be picky now :p take it or leave it i say :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

That is good news, will help us all that will. The 'stupid snow' bit that is.

STORMBOY

I mean that sincerely given that you are virtually on/near the coast and hence further south.

Edited by STORMBOY

Posted

SLB1 (MA) pull her off. snow watch is much more important.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

SLB1 (MA) pull her off. snow watch is much more important.

sleet on the isle of wight!!! more importantly last minute pompey goal!!!come on!!!whistling.gif

Edited by iowpompeylee