Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

whistling.gifclosedeyes.giflazy.gif

guessing people loosing the will to live, its dead.???????????

Posted

I trying not to think about Wednesday as I have had my fingers burned from getting excited before, chances are if anything even reaches us it will probably only give us a little dusting, and I'll be peeved off again.

Posted

Evening all, just been reading a locked thread for 3 counties, they saying snow tonight, and thought it was mad for met o to downgrade all warnings for us, I actually agree. Even people at work claim that a radio station stated that the big thaw was on temps rising and cold and snow spell finished, MY a.se. Told them if anything its going to get alot worse by the end of the week. They dont believe me though..FOOLS.nonono.gif

well if you read the boys on the model tread big freeze 3 coming next week !!!

plus this wont happen on wednesday!

post-4629-12632423713928_thumb.gif

Posted

hi people ,hope everyone is well ,so whats the update on the weather then ,is there going to be more snow ?

Current data for Linslade

11 January 2010 20:39:30

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.5

Trend (per hour) 0

Average today 0.7

Wind chill 0.5

Humidex -1.8

Dew Point -0.6

Rel Humidity 92%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 2.2 SE

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 2.1

Total yesterday 0.3

Total this month 7.8

Total this year 7.8

Pressure (mb):

Current 1019.3

Trend (per hour) 0.0

Posted

whistling.gifclosedeyes.giflazy.gif

guessing people loosing the will to live, its dead.???????????

No no, I'll soldier on, through fields of hope, the land of dreams, onward and upwards, waiting for that one moment when the heavens will open and pour their white goodness down...for without the hope of snow, what will we become. B)

*plays violin in background and hopes for role in Cameron's next movie* :)

hi people ,hope everyone is well ,so whats the update on the weather then ,is there going to be more snow ?

11 January 2010 20:39:30

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.5

Trend (per hour) 0

Average today 0.7

Wind chill 0.5

Humidex -1.8

Dew Point -0.6

Rel Humidity 92%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 2.2 SE

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 2.1

Total yesterday 0.3

Total this month 7.8

Total this year 7.8

Pressure (mb):

Current 1019.3

Trend (per hour) 0.0

We live in hope Simon, for Tues night/Weds morn. :)

Posted

No no, I'll soldier on, through fields of hope, the land of dreams, onward and upwards, waiting for that one moment when the heavens will open and pour their white goodness down...for without the hope of snow, what will we become. B)

*plays violin in background and hopes for role in Cameron's next movie* :)

We live in hope Simon, for Tues night/Weds morn. :)

will the snow gods aplease us with their blessing on that blessed day lol ,sorry im in a silly mood

Edited by simon65

Posted

well if you read the boys on the model tread big freeze 3 coming next week !!!

plus this wont happen on wednesday!

Yes, likely in line with the expected return of the negative NAO

Posted

Well, I don't think we should be expecting anything from Tues/Wed according to Ian Fergusson's blog... unknw.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/

post-8206-12632435039028_thumb.jpg

Posted

ANYONE brave enough to do a forecast 7 day.cc_confused.gif so confused..??????

Posted

ANYONE brave enough to do a forecast 7 day.cc_confused.gif so confused..??????

I sort of feel brave :)

Tomorrow will be like today, cold and grey. Now based on several charts I think places in this region may get a covering Tuesday night into Wednesday, the further west you are the better. Any snow lying will be short lived by Friday, as temporary milder southerlies come in. Temps by the weekend reaching 6C. Indications are after this that colder weather could return, with High pressure returning, but it is a long way off to forecast that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well we had our starters before Christmas, main course this week, so when is dessert ?

Maybe Wednesday, and you never know by the 20th we could be saying 'pass the port' (lol)

I wonder what everyone is doing now they are not on here - I've started a jigsaw puzzle that I had for Christmas, it is a lovely winter scene so at least I will still have some snow to look at if what's outside melts !

One good thing I can go to bed and not keep curtain twitching and lampost watching tonight lazy.gif

Posted

Well we had our starters before Christmas, main course this week, so when is dessert ?

Maybe Wednesday, and you never know by the 20th we could be saying 'pass the port' (lol)

I wonder what everyone is doing now they are not on here - I've started a jigsaw puzzle that I had for Christmas, it is a lovely winter scene so at least I will still have some snow to look at if what's outside melts !

One good thing I can go to bed and not keep curtain twitching and lampost watching tonight lazy.gif

Personally I think we still have the main course ahead of us!

Posted

I sort of feel brave laugh.gif

Tomorrow will be like today, cold and grey. Now based on several charts I think places in this region may get a covering Tuesday night into Wednesday, the further west you are the better. Any snow lying will be short lived by Friday, as temporary milder southerlies come in. Temps by the weekend reaching 6C. Indications are after this that colder weather could return, with High pressure returning, but it is a long way off to forecast that.

Well guess we all play the waiting game, see what happens tommorow and wednesday, then for the weekend, have a strong gut feeling though something going to change to alot colder weather and snow. I could be wrong.unsure.gif

Posted

when im not on here im reinventing myself for the new year,a new me i suppose ,nothing to do with weather but on that here is the latest from linslade ,leighton buzzard

11 January 2010 21:35:32

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.5

Trend (per hour) 0

Average today 0.7

Wind chill 0.5

Humidex -1.8

Dew Point -0.6

Rel Humidity 92%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 0.7 SE

Average Speed 0.0 SE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 2.1

Total yesterday 0.3

Total this month 7.8

Total this year 7.8

Pressure (mb):

Current 1019.2

Trend (per hour) -0.1

Posted

I'm still here just keeping my mouth shut and waiting for the nowcast situation to happen what with this being a marginal forecast, I hope the wicked wind from the South don't spoil it and the nice wind from the East does its thing. The Blizzard of Oz will be very happy. :)

Posted

GFS 18z again confident for a few hours of snowfall on Wednesday :rolleyes: We will see overnight what ECM and UKMO think about this event

Posted

GFS 18z again confident for a few hours of snowfall on Wednesday :lol: We will see overnight what ECM and UKMO think about this event

Some PPN ahead of the low as well!!. From 9pm tomorrow, there is some PPN about. Interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

This time I'm going to take it with a pinch of the Councils salt and not get too excited. nea.gif

What salt cc_confused.gif

If the snow continues through January there won't be any anywhere, then things really could turn nasty diablo.gif

Posted

I am with you on that one, Last night I woke up every hour almost to look out of the window but my dreams didn't come true. Tonight will be my first proper sleep since before christmas but I still hold out hope of waking to find a nice fresh blanket of snow outside.

Posted

I am with you on that one, Last night I woke up every hour almost to look out of the window but my dreams didn't come true. Tonight will be my first proper sleep since before christmas but I still hold out hope of waking to find a nice fresh blanket of snow outside.

lol me too, I kept waking up laptop next to bed and checking the radar through the night. Sad I know rofl.gif

Posted

lol me too, I kept waking up laptop next to bed and checking the radar through the night. Sad I know rofl.gif

what will you do if you discover its snowing by the radar and is infact snowing outside at 3am ? i think i will have to start a group for summer ,snowaholics :yahoo:

Posted

I followed a link from this site and my local forecast shows what looks like snow showers at midnight tonight and 3pm onwards and Wednesday for most of the day but only a slight chance. Should I be getting excited here or what??

Simon, you make more sense of this stuff than me LOL