Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

The precipitation rate seems to be increasing as it travels up the channel with some heavy looking echos heading towards Dorset, we could get I real hammering if this continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Yup, the snow on the table had shrunk a bit... now totally covered again, the road has remained white since last tuesday so not noticed a difference there yet :air_kiss:

Absolutely belting down.

good luck guys-

radar even on METO site is looking epic & its also running further East- & its ahead of what the expectations were in terms of intensity & snow to sea level-

Given the PPN intensity the ZDL will be dragged closer & closer to 0M ( sea level) - expect reports of 20-30 cm coming in-

Dartmoor is going to take a pasting- as well as parts of southern upland wales & places further East- :closedeyes:

expecting some here in the SE overnight-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Yup, the snow on the table had shrunk a bit... now totally covered again, the road has remained white since last tuesday so not noticed a difference there yet :closedeyes:

Absolutely belting down.

bristol and cardiff to get complete white out according to national forecast heaviest in these areas yippeeeeeeeeeeeee:drinks:

Posted

Just noticed that Swindon has its own weather advisory on the Meto site 1- 3 cm locally 5cm with drifting in the strong wind i'll get my 6 year old on standby for clearing duties.

Posted

good luck guys-

radar even on METO site is looking epic & its also running further East- & its ahead of what the expectations were in terms of intensity & snow to sea level-

Given the PPN intensity the ZDL will be dragged closer & closer to 0M ( sea level) - expect reports of 20-30 cm coming in-

Dartmoor is going to take a pasting- as well as parts of southern upland wales & places further East- drinks.gif

S

Thanks Steve!

Looking like you might be right if this carries on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

BBC guy said expect some heavy falls around South /East Wales and Bristol area's

not turning to rain either

Dogs, U seen the NW radar. Its epic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

still got a nice covering here from last week..

some places 2 inches..

estate roads still white

We still have 4 inches i wonder what we will have once this has blown through.

Posted

BBC guy said expect some heavy falls around South /East Wales and Bristol area's

not turning to rain either

Precisely the area that I've been harping on about for a while - so far panning out as expected, snow generally away from Cornwall - they've removed the orange here and limited the Eastern extent to Devon - this turning to snow to lower levels before back to rain after clearance associated with weakening PPN. Good falls across Dartmoor/Exmoor and these moving into much of the West Country.

Posted

Precisely the area that I've been harping on about for a while - so far panning out as expected, snow generally away from Cornwall - they've removed the orange here and limited the Eastern extent to Devon - this turning to snow to lower levels before back to rain after clearance associated with weakening PPN. Good falls across Dartmoor/Exmoor and these moving into much of the West Country.

YES I completely agree...Lsst night remembered your chart,but didn't mention it on here as lots were too pessimistic..

:D

Posted

It's moving very slowly though

there is nothing here, this is moving soooooooooooo slowly got up to have a look at whats going on ... but zero. very windy though. oh well back to bed i go.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

good luck guys-

Dartmoor is going to take a pasting- as well as parts of southern upland wales & places further East- drinks.gif

S

An upgrade then rolleyes.gif

ps whats a ZDL ? mellow.gif

Posted

Just got in so how is it going there in the SW? And WIB enjoy the snow, yee of little faith! biggrin.gif

Yup, sure is up here... its looking rather interesting.

Good news on the Plymouth snow!

Posted

Hmmm.... There appears to be a slight tilt on the axis of the front. This could well end up further south and further east than my patch.

TC, I hope you're right about Bristol. I'm not convinced right now, but not doubting your analysis

Posted

Hmmm.... There appears to be a slight tilt on the axis of the front. This could well end up further south and further east than my patch.

TC, I hope you're right about Bristol. I'm not convinced right now, but not doubting your analysis

This is to be expected its the shortwave developing, this will run east, it means that rather than having a short period of snow the front will slow so favoured areas could get quite alot.