Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

This snow for Wednesday seems to have come from nowhere.

Wasn't expecting anything for a few more weeks, I guess its just the hills in line for something.

On a side note, already looking forward to Spring & the advent of the storm seasondrinks.gif

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hmm from looking at model thread quickly alot in east seem to be upset its being stalled further west but i would think that could increase our chances of snow in west country? whistling.gif

Shame i am at work wed though wallbash.gif

Posted

Thinking generally about snow, how will we be able to top what we have just had, what with it having been a 1 in 30 years event?

Our only hope is that those scientists (and there are an increasing number of them) who are predicting a colder climate for the next 30-50 years are right.

Look at the last two years........more snow than we've had for ages and not a heatwave in sight. Plus the 8/9 years before that where the temperatures didn't actually increase.

I have spent many happy hours in the Netweather Climate Change threads (you have to be brave to go there :clap: ) over the years and I am in the camp of those who dismiss the manmade global warming claptrap and agree that a "cooling" has already started.

It's natural cycles, y'see.............. :clap:

I am quite hopeful for February....it is, after all, generally our coldest and snowiest month!

Posted

IT is rather out of the blue.

According to the latest NAE A forming band of cold air starting 0700am Wed Morning brings 1000-850 thicknesses to <130, 950 temps below freezing, despite 850's of only -2C.

The band stretches SE to NW from Brighton upto and through Gloucester into Wales.

It looks marginal but add in a bit of height and its a real possibility for a few.

As always it will be interesting to see what NAE makes of it on future runs and far SW the risk will spread as we move through Wed.