Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Wasnt expecting any but woke anyway just to check and youve guessed it nothing. Been consistent rain here in Poole since 5pm. Snow again to the east west and north. It doesnt make any sense to me when other areas at sea level snow but never here in Poole and Bournemouth. Our sum total this year is 1cm lol. In fact I have a son of nearly 24 who has never seen more than 2cms in his entire life. Nothing like the winters when I was a lad. Anyway whinge over and its still raining hard. Enjoy im so envious.

You can add Weymouth to the list! :drinks: Although having lived here as a kid in the 70s and 80s as well it has ALWAYS been like this. 9 out of 10 times it would be rain/sleet whilst away from the coast it would be snow so nothing's changed in that respect.

Posted

Getting ready to go to work in Swindon and we've had a fair amount of snow overnight.Just been told we are starting an hour later now even though i got up an hour earlier :drinks: Looks like a thaw will begin as the temps rise today,with rain by the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

After snowing pretty much all night I have about 3cm's.

Posted

Well after 14 hours of sleet/snow we got a total of 2cm (only on the grass and cars), not what I expected given the warnings but this is Dorset, I'll be so happy when all this cold has gone away, then I may be able to get back to normality.

The stress is unbearable, I keep putting life on hold at the slightest threat of snow only to be let down every time. :rofl:

I Know it's only the weather but I love the snow, I may have to bite the bullet and move, Kent is a nice place, they do well for snow and the summer storms. :cold:

In the meantime I'll just have to dust off the 4x4 and and put the big chunky mud tyres to the test by paying Dartmoor Matt a visit at the weekend if it hasn't thawed out by then.

Posted

After snowing pretty much all night I have about 3cm's.

I think Steve some people are still stuck on the A38

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!

morning all,

Bournemouth seems to have missed out again, our snow shield is working well!

Enjoy for those of you that have snow (and wanted it!)

Posted

wincanton hasnt done to bad actually its diff more then 2cms in places. very heavy snow this morning wooo.

roofs. cars pavements grass. even main road had abit on it. not bad sounds better then some already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Well after 14 hours of sleet/snow we got a total of 2cm (only on the grass and cars), not what I expected given the warnings but this is Dorset, I'll be so happy when all this cold has gone away, then I may be able to get back to normality.

The stress is unbearable, I keep putting life on hold at the slightest threat of snow only to be let down every time. :rofl:

I Know it's only the weather but I love the snow, I may have to bite the bullet and move, Kent is a nice place, they do well for snow and the summer storms. :cold:

In the meantime I'll just have to dust off the 4x4 and and put the big chunky mud tyres to the test by paying Dartmoor Matt a visit at the weekend if it hasn't thawed out by then.

I don't think we even made 1cm! The snow is melting on the roof tops now, although it appears to be snowing lightly again.

Posted

4 or 5 inches fell last night from 5pm onwards to even snowing still now.Looks like its going to get cold again by this time next week netweather even have snow for tuesday on there 7 day forecasr..good times

Posted

Snow has been persistent since around 730pm last night. New accumulation so far is around 15 cm. With around 8 cm of snow still lying from last week we now have about 23 to 25 cm of snow on the ground.

Posted

4 or 5 inches fell last night from 5pm onwards to even snowing still now.Looks like its going to get cold again by this time next week netweather even have snow for tuesday on there 7 day forecasr..good times

yes a possabilty after a warm-ish weekend..

we are still having snow here and it;s got more heavier..

4cm's so far imby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think Steve some people are still stuck on the A38

Yeah looks bad on high ground just been watching it on the news.

Off to work now, got a 15mile drive to look forward too.

Posted

I think it ll go off by 10 or 11am here i dont see a thaw today though.Local forecast last night said no thaw till thursday at the least.Shall need to walk to work today i think gets quite dangerous cycling in this weather

temp at -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Obviously not as much snow as many others but 2-3cm of new snow here and still snowing. -0.4C.

Posted

Obviously not as much snow as many others but 2-3cm of new snow here and still snowing. -0.4C.

hi Mike,

very slippery on the roads according to the radio due to the lack of grit

Posted

As we still had a lot from the week before it do look deep tbh.Cant believe its snowed heavy at the same time for 2 weeks in a row and yet going by netweather 7 day forecast its possible it could be 3x in a row next week

Posted

hi Mike,

very slippery on the roads according to the radio due to the lack of grit

Morning all!

Still snowing, albeit lightly. Got up at 4.45 this morn and it was snowing quite heavily.

Amazing that it's been snowing for some 12 hours, but prob got 2 to 3 inches extra snow i reckon. If it had been 12 hours last week would've ended up with a foot!laugh.gif

Suppose it'll go off soon.

Posted

I got a feelin its gunna rain soon according to radar.No thaw is forecast.Anyway time to walk to work lol

Posted

hi BB.

yes i just checked again we are looking at 2 inches here...still snowing.

might stop by 3...lol

Prob won't stop for you until late morn/midday. Guess we'll be done in next hour or so.

10 minute walk into work in a mo. Wonder how many will make it in today? Shirker's paradise!laugh.gif

EDIT: Just looked at the radar and it's about to clear BTL. Shame it can't pivot backwards!laugh.gif

Buses running in BTL, so main roads must be fine. Not like last week.

Edited by Bristle boy