Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

A Whopping 2cm here in East Dorset! - Barely anything yet again! About 1-2cm less than last weeks! Quite poor! - Ah well i think we've learnt this winter that Dorset is simply not the place to go if you if you want a lot of snow!

Global warming is having a big impact on the county of Dorset!! :unsure:

Posted

light snow in south bristol just gone off , from radar looks like shower could hit here.

Id rather not have it if it was gunna be rain but if snow yes please.

Posted

Snowing hard again drinks.gif

Thats what i wanted to hear :acute: although your very high up i think im high enough for snow, good few inches here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

i feel robbed, cheated and broken, im leaving christchurch forever, however it did snow heavily but it was to wet to settle

Spoken like a true snow addict! I know you probably don't want to hear this but we have got the rest of Jan and the whole of Feb to go yet. :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Been snowing for 13 hours now.

Giving about 2 cm.

Since you were convinced Gloucester and Chelt were going to to get nothing Im happy to report 5cm / 2 inches and still snowing :rofl::acute::)

Posted

Since you were convinced Gloucester and Chelt were going to to get nothing Im happy to report 5cm / 2 inches and still snowing :):acute::)

:rofl:

still snowing mate.

this as to be the longest i have ever seen snow on the ground for Chelt

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

6 inches fell here with major disruption. Drizzle/Snizzle now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

:rofl:

still snowing mate.

this as to be the longest i have ever seen snow on the ground for Chelt

Yes mate this is like going back to the good old days - more winters like this one please :acute:

Something brewing up near Bristol / Newport on the radar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Just seen that Netweather 7 day forecast shows a 51% chance of a storm tonight! No mention of this eles where mind you. There you go, we can still have some excitment after the snow.

Posted

Good Morning, peeps!

Just got in from work. 15 hours of snow gave another 2.5/3 inches (I think that is about 8 cm)on top of what was still lying from last week!

Do I detect talk of more snow for next week? :) Must got to model discussion thread and find out. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing again here :(

I've moaned like mad over the last 12 years about the lack of snow down here (having moved from North Yorkshire and grown up in the Cotswolds) now feeling very spoilt, last February and now this spell too. Seems if you're going to live in the SW, the Mendips isn't a bad choice if you're a snow lover.

Posted

Snowing again here biggrin.gif

I've moaned like mad over the last 12 years about the lack of snow down here (having moved from North Yorkshire and grown up in the Cotswolds) now feeling very spoilt, last February and now this spell too. Seems if you're going to live in the SW, the Mendips isn't a bad choice if you're a snow lover.

Good should be coming my way :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snowing again here biggrin.gif

ah yes quite true. drinks.gif

snowing here still and some really heavy pulses amoungst it! showers are packing in around us. yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Just trudged over the fields with the skis up to the top of the hill (1500 feet) to do some 'off pisting' and it was well over my knees walking up, which was rather tough going... however, sking back down! Daaaaaaamn!

It's melting out of the trees very quickly though.