Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Gradual thaw here today with a high of around 2c though the fog is extremely dense at the minute with visibility going betwene 50 and 100 meters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

the end is nigh my friends :help: Well it's been a pleasure having this regional thread here for the past 3-4 weeks! Can't believe we reached 30 threads of this. Thats on average 25 pages per thread... Someone do the maths for me :ph34r:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the end is nigh my friends :help: Well it's been a pleasure having this regional thread here for the past 3-4 weeks! Can't believe we reached 30 threads of this. Thats on average 25 pages per thread... Someone do the maths for me :ph34r:

It adds up to a copious amount of winter spam.....lol

oh well, back to the wind and rain, but thankfully mild conditions!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

still got a lot of snow, 1.0C now, been a great cold spell the first half of Jan, exactly halfway through winter tomorrow

Michael fish forecast looks promising for easterly next week, but not really showing on models,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is the BBC feeling OK? They are suddenly showing a mix of rain/sleet and snow here tomorrow morning and again on Saturday.

Posted

Is the BBC feeling OK? They are suddenly showing a mix of rain/sleet and snow here tomorrow morning and again on Saturday.

See above...possible, and been showing since his morning.

I would say more wintry than snow, but better than naught.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

See above...possible, and been showing since his morning.

I would say more wintry than snow, but better than naught.

Yeah snow will be on higher ground if any i feel.

Posted

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Regional Threads will be Closed at around Midnight tonight and a General Cold Spell Discussion for the Whole Uk Will be Opened at the same time.

Regards

Paul S

See you all back here in a week or so .......... I hope :gathering:

Posted

GFS nor any forecast went for clear sunny skies today and GFS for now are above 0c

http://91.121.93.17/wz/pics/Rmgfs094.gif

When in reality here temps have dropped off like a stone this afternoon -1.7c currently.

As for this rain/sleet coming in beware of lots of ice the ground is still well below 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

very foggy now 0.6C, still got snow, no further thaw, but thaw tomorrow :unsure:

but been fantastic 31 Dec 09-14 Jan 10 cold spell will be remembered, my happiest time was wednesday 6th Jan when i had around 2 inches of snow and cold for the foreseeable future

Posted

Brrrr dense fog and hovering around freezing outside, it certainly doesn't feel like it's going to get milder tommorow at the moment though the poor now that's gradually been mounting up through the year so far will finally be dissapearing :unsure: though underneath that there was layers of ice leftover from the Mid December spell and the ice on Boxing Day which seems ages ago now so that will be exposed once the snow is gone, like an old memory it will be haha.

Posted

Okey Dokey!

Due to lots of pleading from various members on the Different Regional Forums Have spoken with the powers that be................and

Tomorrow there will be a New Sub Forum above this one near where the Snow Reports Live called "Regional Threads" and all the Regionals are going to be moved there and stay put for the winter, so this thread will be kept open until tomorrow when it will be moved into it's new home!

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Thanks Paul, i like the regional threads very much. Cheers. :lol:

Loads of lovely snow in the countryside be sad to see it go, very bleak out in the sticks and the wind blowing over the snow is cold even though it's not from a cold source, thats the snow for you.

I do get the impression most people on here dont actually go out in the snow and enjoy it that much but moan about no snow when its mild, well get out and enjoy it now before its gone later today :)

Posted

Heavy liquid phase snow here... if only temps were a bit lower!!!

nah thats it for this cold spell im afraid. pouring rain out there, and with temperatures forecast to hit the dizzy heights of 4/5 degrees, we await the next cold shot, wherever it may come from.

Posted

Here on the south Shropshire side of the Welsh border, we still have loads of snow in the fields and lanes despite the best efforts of the heavy sleety rain. It will take a few days to get rid of all the snow I would think, but it's surprising how quickly it does melt. Bring on the next blizzards!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

You know the cold spell is over when it's barely above freezing and throwing it down with rain.

Posted
:rofl::rofl: You have to laugh really, all the heaviest precipitation dodged us throughout the cold spell then on the first milder day when it's arriving as the rain the most torrential bit possible slams into us :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

:rofl::rofl: You have to laugh really, all the heaviest precipitation dodged us throughout the cold spell then on the first milder day when it's arriving as the rain the most torrential bit possible slams into us :rolleyes:

I know I thought that too :wallbash:

It has absolutely no problem steaming through us without breaking up at all when it's rain but when it's a band of snow it tends to weaken, break up etc... When it gets to us :rolleyes: