Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

snow definitely off now, I cant believe how many people ive told that its NOT going to snow tomorrow, everyone I know says snow tomorrow aggressive.gif unbelievable, the snow was never on I kept saying

but my attention is on next weeks possible cold spell, lets hope the ecm has had a wobble, like earlier this Jan

Not been funny but a daft comment to make , not the weather iv just listened to anyway . Dont no where you get your info from . Not the bbc thats for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If the weather accompolishes its mission tommorrow, then I expect to see some white stuff break free from the the fluff in the sky towards lunch time (Wednesday). Then again, with temperatures predicted to be a little above freezing, there is also a good chance of getting a fair share of tear drops from that huge patch of fluff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

My mum reckons it will snow here today, I bet her for no money that it wouldn't. She raised the stakes and bet me a £1 so I shook on it and it's game on :crazy:

The poor woman watched the BBC forecasts and believed it. I said to her "No chance, it won't snow at all" I am very confident of that prediction for Leicester.

Posted

Snowing just south of Ludlow at 93 metres asl. Everything is white, even the road, and it's coming down pretty fast. I'd say it started relatively recently, and we have just over 1cm. There is hope yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nothing falling here when Radar says we are on the edge of the band. Looks heavy just to the SW of us though. :(

Heavy snow in Herefordshire, Must be very heavy in places looking at the radar! :unknw:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

My mum reckons it will snow here today, I bet her for no money that it wouldn't. She raised the stakes and bet me a £1 so I shook on it and it's game on :unknw:

The poor woman watched the BBC forecasts and believed it. I said to her "No chance, it won't snow at all" I am very confident of that prediction for Leicester.

shud be a safe bet. It wont get near here and if it does it will be light and patchy, so id expect rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Snowing heavily here and there's more than an inch lying at present. Looks like we might end up with 2-3".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Dying out extremely quickly, anywhere that doesn't have snow now will not get any.

Posted

the band will be all but gone in 2 hours. weakening very quickly at the moment.

just basically copied nick there, didnt see that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Dying out extremely quickly, anywhere that doesn't have snow now will not get any.

stop been over emotional mate , its only died out the last half hour according to the radar , until that time its been filling in an growing iv been watchin it . The band is struggling to get over the cotswolds , most of us should see some this morning .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Love the way the precipitation is looping around and missing me! Temp 3.6, dp 1.9 and has dropped from 2.6 when I woke at 7.

Ooops no it isn't - piddling down with rain here now!

Posted

stop been over emotional mate , its only died out the last half hour according to the radar , until that time its been filling in an growing iv been watchin it . The band is struggling to get over the cotswolds , most of us should see some this morning .

I'm not being overemotional at all, it is obvious that the band is not going to get north or east of Birmingham as per my post at 8am. It is also continuing to die out. Hopecasting won't get you anywhere.

Posted

The snow is still going strong here. The lack of posts about snow suggest that it's localised on higher ground. There doesn't even seem to be much going on in Wales where the worst of it was supposed to be.

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

Lots of reports on our local radio of snow in the cotswolds causing disruption.

Posted

The snow is still going strong here. The lack of posts about snow suggest that it's localised on higher ground. There doesn't even seem to be much going on in Wales where the worst of it was supposed to be.

Not sure you need altitude, as we are at 100m asl and have managed to amass some 10cm snow! Based about 6 miles due south of Ludlow, close to the Herefordshire border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just rain rain rain here... seen a few cars with snow on (must have come up from South Shropshire where it is snowing) but thats about it.

Posted

Not sure you need altitude, as we are at 100m asl and have managed to amass some 10cm snow! Based about 6 miles due south of Ludlow, close to the Herefordshire border.

Doesn't Ludlow sit at some 1000ft? Got news from there that it's raining. You must be lucky!

Posted

sleet in heavier bursts here but nothing close to snow.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

It going to be borderline stuff here with temp, dew point and altitude making a critical difference.

Walsall, Wolves and Dudley are all showing low temps and light snow. Cosford and Shawbury is rain and higher temps.

http://skylinkweather.com/metar/metarmapindex.php?stationid=EGWC

Posted

Doesn't Ludlow sit at some 1000ft?

No - there's a river running through it.

Posted

Just to give you guys a heads up

Its snowing heaavy in cardiff, i am about 50m asl

stuck on cars and grass only, Merthyr road cams look good further north so hopefully you guys will see something later.

Not expecting lying snow ( roads etc) this far south and low but as it is snowing here it MAY be good sign for you

Cams around country available on floodwarn brecon beacons and merthyr area look prety good

Posted

Just to give you guys a heads up

Its snowing heaavy in cardiff, i am about 50m asl

stuck on cars and grass only, Merthyr road cams look good further north so hopefully you guys will see something later.

Not expecting lying snow ( roads etc) this far south and low but as it is snowing here it MAY be good sign for you

Cams around country available on floodwarn brecon beacons and merthyr area look prety good

It has stalled and is dying out. Far too marginal here as well. Apart from the likes of the high ground of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire this is never going to amount to much - Met Office called it spot on IMO.

Posted

Disappointed there was some good heavy snow a few miles down the road in Winchcombe and Cheltenham but only rain here - but agree the MetO called it very well :whistling: