Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Certainly will!

Looking hopeful that some of us might be in the right place for some snow on Wednesday, then. Will have to keep an eye on it. Wouldn't it be great if it stalled over us? :drinks:

Not that I would be expecting much and I don't think that the outlook is looking too promising after that.

Having said that, though, the MetO forecast for me was dry all day today and so far I've had at least two showers of rain. :lol:

PS To answer my own question re the outlook....an advisory for heavy rain has been issued for us for Thursday!

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Lovely day here, but at work thick thick fog for much of the day... the curse of being in a valley I suppose.

Can't see snow here, even at this height, but noggin, with regards your comment in the old thread about the snow last week etc being a once in 30 year event... they said much the same last Feb down here, and then here we are this year with another once in 30 year event... perhaps that makes it a once a year event? :lol:

Oh, and the new idea for Haldon Hill... yup, under-road heating! Apparently going to store heat from the sun in the summer and release it under the road in the winter... good to see the council tax is going on sensible ideas then. :drinks:

Posted

Further to my post of the previous thread, the is the latest 12Z NAE, open mouth agasp at what it's showing 48 hrs away. !!!

Everything is shifted westwards and the forest of dean can except another whiteout experience as can many areas.

This can't be right, can it..???

post-6326-12638315382128_thumb.gif

Edited by Iceberg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Everything shifts west from experience.. after all, tis best!

Still needs to come a fair bit further SW though! :o

Posted

Further to my post of the previous thread, the is the latest 12Z NAE, open mouth agasp at what it's showing 48 hrs away. !!!

Everything is shifted westwards and the forest of dean can except another whiteout experience as can many areas.

This can't be right, can it..???

i FIND THIS ALL A MYSTERY

BBC seem confident that there will be snow....though not for long :o

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I saw Richard Angwyn play the potential snow down big style in the Lunchtime weather. The guy on National weather was all excitable about it but said 'remember this is only a forcast and you never ever be certain about this'!!! When Richard came on afterwards he started off by saying 'don't expect me to be excited like ??? (not sure of the name), I don't do excitable'. Very amusing, it was.

He just said it was most likely to be rain in our region. We will see!

Posted

Well I do hope that big lump of snow from the image Iceberg posted does not move further west. I have a big day on Wednesday and I am having enough sleepless nights as it is. Any info (hopefully positive) greatly received. smile.gif

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

ians updated his blog page smile.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk...r/ianfergusson/

Can you give me a link to it please? I don't know where to find it.

Thanks

Edit> You must have added it just as I quoted you! or I didn't scroll down the page properly biggrin.gif

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think we need a further westward shift really to see any proper snow. I can see a cold rainy day in west country with sleet on mendips and other high spots.

Posted

I think we need a further westward shift really to see any proper snow. I can see a cold rainy day in west country with sleet on mendips and other high spots.

yes i think the same bits of sleet maybe .see what points west says in a bit . i think if we do get snow it would be 3rd tuesday runing lol.

Edited by cityatnight2001

Posted

Well if it snows wednesday il be so happy im happy enough with what weve already had.

By the way what temps you all got? Mine is 6.6°C 92%, but many other stations saying around 8°C unknw.gif

6.4 now?

Posted

Off up to the 'Big Smoke' on Wednesday morning by train at 7.30 in the morning for work, so i'd prefer the 'regular wednesday' morning weather disruption to give this week a miss!laugh.gif

Reckon we'll have to wait until early Feb for anymore real snow action, but one thing is nagging me at the mo....winter 81/82 was a December/January affair for cold and snow and then Feb and March was mild and snowless if i remember rightly.whistling.gif

Posted

Well if it snows wednesday il be so happy im happy enough with what weve already had.

By the way what temps you all got? Mine is 6.6°C 92%, but many other stations saying around 8°C unknw.gif

6.4 now?

Tomorrow the temp might become important when the Easterly B easterly kicks in against the Pest from The west :)

snow dump 22 :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Tomorrow the temp might become important when the Easterly B easterly kicks in against the Pest from The west drinks.gif

snow dump 22 laugh.gif

Yep i think its gunna be a wait and see event.