Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 20:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Curently -3c with about 3 inches of snow, not snowing but wind is occasionally blowing some snow off the roofs.

Perhaps only half that here, NL...No sign of much-else arriving too soon??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Curently -3c with about 3 inches of snow, not snowing but wind is occasionally blowing some snow off the roofs.

You're not allowed snow until the easterly starts. Have you not seen the model thread; cold/snow only allowed from FI easterlys.

Suggest you brush it all up and hide it in the barn in case someone complains. biggrin.gif

Looks like conditions will be good for next weekend - planning to head up to Cairngorm. Just hope it's not blowing a gale.

Looks like it'll be tomorrow before any significant chance of snow for the eastern borders; that mini low and trough might just reach here.

Big band of cloud currently lining up to hit the north coast on the sat images; must be that trough on the meto charts. Could bring quite a bit to northern areas again?

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Stand by for the threads to erupt again........GSF looks like its back to the "easterly" next week. This should carry a health warning. In fact is it correct, it never gets mild again at all next week.whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I don't care about anything else right now LSS. I have NEVER seen any model run throw this into the mix:

post-2844-12648108677288_thumb.png

Yes, it is just the mad mental 18z pub run "OOO, I'm mental, I'm the Pub Run". But even the pub run has never done this before.

If someone can show me when any model run has shown this before then I will be truely enlightened!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/archives/gfs-2009012418-1-204.png?18

Posted

Lovely crisp winters morning...about 3" of snow, even here at the coast! Snow has settled on everything, even the walls of the houses!! Blue sky, little wind, perfect alpine conditions for those away skiing today!!!

I'm heading to Aviemore for the night but i'm wondering if it will be a good idea with the snow forecast? Anyone want to advise what the weather is meant to do between Aviemore and Aberdeen...just not keen driving that far unless i know!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Unfortunately that was an FI chart from last year. Anyway, a promising 6Z means the uncertainty continues - another UKMO vs GFS battle. We shall see at 4pm.

LS